Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME

Frackie Robinson posted:

If your "suicide attempt" doesn't at least leave you irreparably maimed/crippled, then it shouldn't even count as an attempt, you clearly didn't want it.

Now the goon who doused himself in gasoline and set himself on fire, that's the old college try.

Ya, and he tried killing his roommates with the same fire. That's an attempt double homicide, suicide. Those rarely fail, but I guess when you roll the dice of "metal deaths" you sometimes lose the assurance that gun suicides have continued to provide.

He's a top 10 GBS goon now, maybe he'll weigh in on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Jose Oquendo posted:

How do trannies figure into this?

Embarrassingly

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Jose Oquendo posted:

How do trannies figure into this?

mtf trannies kill themselves all the time, because they are men. if they really had female brains, they'd gently caress it up somehow and not die

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Blistex posted:

My great, great uncle decided to kill himself, so he stood on a stool, put a rope around his neck, and shot himself in the head. His suicide note said, "I hung the bugger that shot me!"

this owns

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Never fear. At least Australian women are upping their game

link

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Heartlines posted:

Women are socialized from a young age to always be polite and defer to other people. Blowing your brains out all over the living room floor would leave a big mess for your family to clean up. That's why they use pills and poison.

You say this but one of my dad's childhood friends actually shot himself in the family basement and said in his suicide note that he did it down there so he wouldn't leave a mess for them to clean up on the carpets.

So, you know, men care about homecare too.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV6Zjlt1O3Q

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ROFLburger posted:

https://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_briggs_the_bridge_between_suicide_and_life?language=en

I watched this recently, very enlightening. Nearly all of the survivors of those who jumped from the Golden Gate noted that they had immediately regretted their decision to jump as soon as they had let go. It really makes you think - suicide might not be the answer.

Unless you're the op, of course.

the reason they regret it is because they neglected to recommend their friends/family to take a gender studies course

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Naerasa posted:

You say this but one of my dad's childhood friends actually shot himself in the family basement and said in his suicide note that he did it down there so he wouldn't leave a mess for them to clean up on the carpets.

So, you know, men care about homecare too.

lloyd kaufmann of troma infamy wrote a book and it had a little passage about how this is a fun and easy way to prank your family using karo syrup, toilet paper, food coloring and a firearm. and man oh man, it was!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Women are more likely to commit suicide by attempting to overdose on stupid poo poo like paracetamol.

if you're going to do something so stupid you should at least include some hydrocodone so you can have fun on your way out

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Women are more likely to commit suicide by attempting to overdose on stupid poo poo like paracetamol.

Paracetamol overdose is actually a really effective way to kill yourself because it destroys your liver. It won't kill you outright though, and it's an absolutely hideous and horrible way to die over a period of days as your body systems slowly shut down and stop functioning, leaving you lots of time to contemplate your decision while dying in terrible agony.

Seriously awful way to go; don't do it. I really cannot express what a horrible way to die it is. It's loving brutal to have someone wake up in the hospital after a paracetamol overdose regretting their decision, only to be told there's nothing that can be done except try to make them as comfortable as possible while they slowly and ever so painfully die.

Most people don't know poo poo about pills so just take handfuls of whatever, and our bodies are also fairly good at getting rid of toxins like that. Paracetamol will wreck you though.

Enfys fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 17, 2015

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Enfys posted:

Paracetamol overdose is actually a really effective way to kill yourself because it destroys your liver. It won't kill you outright though, and it's an absolutely hideous and horrible way to die over a period of days as your body systems slowly shut down and stop functioning, leaving you lots of time to contemplate your decision while dying in terrible agony.

Seriously awful way to go; don't do it. I really cannot express what a horrible way to die it is. It's loving brutal to have someone wake up in the hospital after a paracetamol overdose regretting their decision, only to be told there's nothing that can be done except try to make them as comfortable as possible while they slowly and ever so painfully die.

Most people don't know poo poo about pills so just take handfuls of whatever, and our bodies are also fairly good at getting rid of toxins like that. Paracetamol will wreck you though.

No poo poo nigga thats why it's 'attempting' and stupid.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

anchoress posted:

i'm a feminist and i believe with effort and education we can end the suicide gap between men and women.

there is no reason why in 2015 a woman can't be expected to kill herself just as effectively as a man can

Thank you. It frustrates me so much when people think a woman can't be good at something just because she is not a man. Many women can suicide just as well as a man can.

toggle posted:

banana and milk go together like milk and cereal. combine all 3 and you have a nice filling breakfast. just enough to get the bowels going in the morning. very nice. thanks

I dunno, dude. Bananas and milk both make me fart. Combining them might be a dangerous combination.

Bored fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 17, 2015

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bored posted:

I dunno, dude. Bananas and milk both make me fart. Combining them might be a dangerous combination.
Lol if you don't load your self with gas causing food as a prank on who ever find your lifeless bodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

SirEvelynTremble posted:

I hate it when you share something with your partner and she says " you take the bigger piece" and you say "no you take the bigger piece" and it goes on like this for some time until you take the smaller piece and she's so upset she sticks a fork in her neck but misses the carotid artery what a pussy

If shes tells me to take the bigger piece I do.

• Locked thread