Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's ok not to like Rick and Morty, it's not going to be for everyone. What isn't ok is living in such squalor that your television explodes from fly corpses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Welp, I'm never watching this show now

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

EugeneJ posted:

What are you gonna do when I tell you where clothes come from?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Flynn Taggart posted:

Once upon a time doctor who didn't suck

This is true, however that was back in the 60s and 70s when it was made specifically for grade school children.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Rick and Morty is really funny

Dr. Who is retard poo poo for children

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Geoff Zahn posted:

They give a gently caress about everyone except their animators

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/rick-and-morty-co-creator-justin-roiland-gently caress-the-union-103723.html

That being said, I love the poo poo out of this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYleo_Svcqs

There are goons who work on this show, who can probably give you a better rundown than the drama on that website.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

I am pro union on principal but find the TVIV posters in the rick and morty threads, find the ones who work on the show, and ask them to talk about it and give their perspective, as a worker on the show, before you take an article that isnt very fairly representing what happened.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Happy Bear Suit posted:

i can only like a thing if it a legion of nerds gives it a seal of approval or ppl will say mean things to me over the internet

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
it is a good show, it is totally ok if you like to watch it. i like to watch it and i'm a pretty good dude so don't worry about anyone else, just remember that your forums bud gatekeeper likes it and that should definitely make you feel good since when you're ridin shotgun with the gatekeeper you are in great company

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i mean you can leave the thread open if you want but i cannot imagine a better more accurate response than mine

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Justin Roliard pisses off dumb people on twitter \ tumblr so that makes him A-OK in my book

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Rick/Morty 2016

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Likin anything is gay

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Prorat posted:

What is it? Sounds like an Adult Swim show like whatever that Tim and Eric show is.

edit: and LOL if you didnt watch AS before they ever played Anime.

adult swim started out by playing anime you posturing noob

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tezzor posted:

adult swim started out by playing anime you posturing noob

No it didn't. It was just Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Harvey Birdman, Sealab and Aquateen for the first few months because they were just throwing up cheap to produce poo poo with characters they already outright owned. Anime came a few months in to the cycle and ruined it on Saturdays

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Booblord Zagats posted:

No it didn't. It was just Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Harvey Birdman, Sealab and Aquateen for the first few months because they were just throwing up cheap to produce poo poo with characters they already outright owned. Anime came a few months in to the cycle and ruined it on Saturdays

wrooooooooooong

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
adult swim started out as: do you want to see a line of red trickle down goku's face or for your favorite gundam wing characters to say "drat"? you just need to stay up until midnight

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

no adult swim had its roots in space ghost coast to coast but when it became adult swim they rolled the anime stuff into it one of the nights and that was called adult swim also

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tezzor posted:

wrooooooooooong
Nope, it only had one anime in the first few months and that was Cowboy Beebop https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim#Creation_and_development

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nope, it only had one anime in the first few months and that was Cowboy Beebop https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim#Creation_and_development

look at this noob

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ding ding ding! Only anime in it to begin with was Bebop. They started adding the other anime after a few months.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Space Ghost coast to coast was loving awesome. There still hasn't been anything like it since. The revival was a bit iffy but still pretty good.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

hemophilia posted:

I am pro union on principal but find the TVIV posters in the rick and morty threads, find the ones who work on the show, and ask them to talk about it and give their perspective, as a worker on the show, before you take an article that isnt very fairly representing what happened.

nope, hahahaha!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hemophilia posted:

it's too late i've already decided these people are hitler. what's it like to support nazism?

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

im pretty sure cartoons are for children

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FormaldehydeSon posted:

im pretty sure cartoons are for children

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
space ghost coast to coast was great

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

https://instagram.com/rickandmortyrickstaverse/

I like Rick and Morty and they have done some very fun worldbuilding. I think the guy who wrote the stuff on the Instagram account is a goon, too.

Yeah, that was super hosed up and I was really disappointed when I read this. You'd think that coming from the industry, they would care more about the people working for them than the usual rear end in a top hat executive but I guess not. :/

EugeneJ posted:

eh the worst thing he did was say 'gently caress THE UNION' while he was mad and then later deleted it :shrug:

an animator for this show popped in the other month (in TVIV i think?) and talked about that exact situation and said the article written about it was completely overblown.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 18, 2015

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Moridin920 posted:

eh the worst thing he did was say 'gently caress THE UNION' while he was mad and then later deleted it :shrug:

an animator for this show popped in the other month (in TVIV i think?) and talked about that exact situation and said the article written about it was completely overblown.

That's good to know, at least. I haven't followed the thread religiously so I didn't see that happen, I had only read the articles.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Adult Swim was preceded by Toonami: Midnight Run, which was all anime. So while Adult Swim started out with only Cowboy Bebop, the concept of a late night programming block for older teens on the Cartoon Network began with all anime.

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
You're the kind of guy with too many fedoras, who won't wear fedoras anymore.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Is Rick actualy a doctor?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Glad to hear the "gently caress the union" thing was overblown, because after seeing the screenshots of him pissing off tumblrinas I can't not like the guy.

Someone buy him an account etc etc

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Gammatron 64 posted:

Justin Roliard pisses off dumb people on twitter \ tumblr so that makes him A-OK in my book

I like this guy a lot

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
incest is not commonly fatal

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
i watched, and enjoyed that ripoff of bttf. the rest of this is just 'eh.. maybe if I was a teen'.

Tezzor posted:

incest is not commonly fatal

Sometimes it even gets to post in D&D.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Aralan posted:

This sign also satisfies Megan's Law notification requirements

:golfclap:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

quote:

Children convinced hanging out in echo chambers gave them the wisdom of holocaust survivors

yeah

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lol, yeah that was a good post

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Geoff Zahn posted:

Glad to hear the "gently caress the union" thing was overblown, because after seeing the screenshots of him pissing off tumblrinas I can't not like the guy.

Someone buy him an account etc etc

he probably already has one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
rick and morty is funny op

• Locked thread