Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sintax posted:

Smashing brothers is really fun and the fact that they added custom equipment and moves is amazing- I grind out equipment for hours hoping to get a rare or slightly better stats gently caress yeah. Falco used to be my bird but he feels kinda nerfed, switched to Pit/Dark Pit and he is an amazing birdboy who has everything falco has and more.

I'm glad you enjoy the game this way, but Falco is still cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

God dammit I was gonna go for a :synpa: and I got it accidentally

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Please add to OP

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Reiley posted:

Come to IRC we are not mean or elitist and we will try our best to help you improve on your Game, as we are but trying to improve at our own. Help us help you help us help everyone not have to play on For Glory.

It's true I started as a really really bad player who didn't know that there was a block button and now I sometimes win matches. Everyone is very nice on IRC.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

:yeah:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So when do we k rool

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't really play this game anymore but appreciate my brothers and sisters in smash

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Finally took the plunge and turned tap jump back on after years of keeping it off, my friends finally got good enough at repeated shield pressure that i need the up-bs out of shield. Still getting too many extra jumps going for uairs or jumping before an attempted-grounded up-b. #ITSAPROCESS

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Countblanc posted:

Finally took the plunge and turned tap jump back on after years of keeping it off, my friends finally got good enough at repeated shield pressure that i need the up-bs out of shield. Still getting too many extra jumps going for uairs or jumping before an attempted-grounded up-b. #ITSAPROCESS

Yea that's why I nevr turned tap jump off so that i can up b out of shield! But it sucks when I'm trying to do a bunch of u-airs with carmine falcone

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The one downside of the GCN controller was how far away the B button was from X or Y so you can't jump-cancel B moves out of shield with one motion. Everything else is great, but tap jump is a steep price to pay.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

sharrrk posted:

http://challonge.com/goonsmash4

here's the challonge page for the next weekly. reminder that it's on sunday at 5 est

Hate to do this, but I must drop out of the tourney. Scheduling problems came up, but I hope to join the next one and jump in the irc this weekend.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i love smash bros!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yoshi's (and presumably ness' and lucas') rising nairs in p:m are insanely fun now that i'm starting to figure out wavelanding

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can feel myself becoming stronger. Better. More powerful than ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwdPdtQs94

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Countblanc posted:

It's not too bad after a while. Im getting less and less jumping up bs and double jumps as the smash days goes by. Makes me learn how to primarily control with the lower half of the control stick, which helps for setting up wave dashes and wavelands. Also feels nice to immediately jump out of shine though even though it's apparently unviable :p

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Ganondorf is the strongest Smash Brother.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I love Smash and want to play more. I just wish, that there were some way, that I could be on my couch, playing Smash Bros. For Wii U, and at the same time, Splatoon. Now wouldn't that be great?

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Countblanc posted:

Yoshi's (and presumably ness' and lucas') rising nairs in p:m are insanely fun now that i'm starting to figure out wavelanding

What's a rising nair? A nair immediately after double jumping?

bef posted:

It's not too bad after a while. Im getting less and less jumping up bs and double jumps as the smash days goes by. Makes me learn how to primarily control with the lower half of the control stick, which helps for setting up wave dashes and wavelands. Also feels nice to immediately jump out of shine though even though it's apparently unviable :p

HEy maybe it will also help you get better at shield dropping

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is me

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

whalestory posted:

HEy maybe it will also help you get better at shield dropping

Shield dropping is like the smallest nudge to the left or right it doesn't even feel cool to do just passive annoyance

Also I got wavedash ing down mostly (thanks to the video OP posted) but I can't for the life of me moonwalk after so many attempts lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

whalestory posted:

Kinda, it's a thing those three characters can do where if you use any aerial during a double jump but keep holding the jump button you'll do this weird floaty thing where you can drift around while performing the attack. Run off, fast fall, jump + rising fair/nair is a great edgeguard option for yoshi, for instance.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

bef posted:

This is me

me also

NerfHerderEX
Aug 13, 2015

GG!

bef posted:

Also I got wavedash ing down mostly (thanks to the video OP posted) but I can't for the life of me moonwalk after so many attempts lol

I was able to moonwalk one time with Falcon in Melee, but it was kind of on accident and I have no idea how I did it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nerf Herder EX posted:

I was able to moonwalk one time with Falcon in Melee, but it was kind of on accident and I have no idea how I did it.

every now and then I do it as Ganon without having any idea how lol

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can make him start doing the dashing animation and go back a slight nudge but he doesnt slip and slide like people always do...tried doing it over and over but always get the same results

sometimes you just wanna moonwalk into reverse knees :sigh:

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

bef posted:

Shield dropping is like the smallest nudge to the left or right it doesn't even feel cool to do just passive annoyance

Are you talkin about the same thing? I thought it was directly down... http://www.ssbwiki.com/Shield_platform_dropping

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

whalestory posted:

Are you talkin about the same thing? I thought it was directly down... http://www.ssbwiki.com/Shield_platform_dropping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsl03HJ_LTU
this guy explains what i've heard before but i guess i didn't fully understand. doesnt look too bad :)

back to ze lab!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

alcharagia posted:

Ganondorf is the strongest Smash Brother.

Yes also the coolest and, I hear, the best dancer.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

fuckboy alert

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Legit question for y'all. I finally have an Amiibo (green w/ red hair Bowser I named K Rool.) What do I do with them exactly to make them monsters since I'm not a great Smash player and would teach it bad habits, going by what various guides on the internet.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Doubles are live! Twitch.tv/gameunderground

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Legit question for y'all. I finally have an Amiibo (green w/ red hair Bowser I named K Rool.) What do I do with them exactly to make them monsters since I'm not a great Smash player and would teach it bad habits, going by what various guides on the internet.

I heard that pairing it with a max level CPU makes it good and unlocks stuff for you.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

You can pair your Amiibo with a lv9 CPU if you want it to just act like a normal CPU player. It's really boring though.

The fun thing about Amiibo is they pick up quirks from your play style, so I think it's a lot more fun to train them yourself even if you're not a great player.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

sharrrk posted:

here's the challonge page for the next weekly. reminder that it's on sunday at 5 est
I'm up to do this again.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

sharrrk posted:

sign me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

sharrrk posted:

put me in

• Locked thread