Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

fuckboy alert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Blackheart posted:

Rosalina is an incredibly important character in the rich Mario lore.

She unironically is, not to mention the most endearing character Nintendo has ever made. :colbert:

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Little Mac is a Little Bitch.

DK/Dedede/Rosalina main here. I hate fighting him as all of them.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm sorry but Funky Kong is the only third DK rep that belongs in Smash.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Funky Kong would be super cool. He could surf in the air and blast motherfuckers with fruit bazookas.

He's like a living Hawaiian Punch commercial.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
sorry what

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

YES

Death to anime fuckboys.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Those who walk the path of anime fuckboyism shall meet their destruction at my fist.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I hope Goku is in Smash because I want to see that human being have to stand there and applaud the fact that he lost to a space princess or an obese penguin with a cartoon mallet.

I want it to be canon that a gorilla in a necktie is stronger than the "greatest fighter in the universe". Let's go Nintendo. Put Goku in the game and make him terrible.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 13, 2015

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I don't know what you guys are talking about. He's not breaking any rules, he's a representative of Final Fantasy as a whole, a series which began on Nintendo systems.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Accordion Man posted:

So when's Goku?

Sorry, I regret to inform you all that Goku is dead. He died after I waterboarded him with a bucket of my rear end sweat.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Raserys posted:

I'm still very excited and hyped for Cloud , question though, why does he hover in his dash animation??

Pretty sure it's a reference to Dissidia, Square's personal all-star Final Fantasy fighter. All the characters hover in that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu2wevKlTb0

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Cloud just looks like another swordsman clone which is kinda boring. I mean, he was probably easy to make, I could already see attacks copied over from Ike. Yay for FF fans I guess!

Well, it's disappointing that you feel that way.

Cloud predates Ike by 8 years, and Ike's Great Aether Final Smash (which has never actually appeared in any of the Fire Emblem games) was actually copied piecemeal from Cloud's omnislash.

So Ike is the ripoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4CNM89W9k0

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Swords are a common weapon in video games. Going forward you are likely to see more swords in games. They are an effective device as the weapons of both heroes and villains alike.

If this bothers you perhaps gaming isn't the right hobby for you,.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Thread challenge: post notable video game heroes whose weapon is neither a sword nor gun

Charles Barkley

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

Pac-Man devours his enemies, except for the eyes which he finds unpalatable

Eyes are pretty gross.

I think my grandpa once made a stew out of cow eyes.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
DJ Jazzy Jeff

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The Red & Yellow M&Ms

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

net cafe scandal posted:

You're loving insane if you think Sakurais going to follow up Ryu and Cloud Strife with Bandana Dee. Absolutely out of your gourd.

I agree with this, but sadly, he was a popular poll choice.

However, Sakurai is a man with conviction, and knows when to put his foot down and tell his fans, "no, you are wrong."

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

IronicDongz posted:

what other namco rep would there even be

uh

hello

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Echo Chamber posted:

People are already calling Smash with Cloud the "better PlayStation All Stars", but can you imagine if Sakurai actually does go through with Snake, Rayman, and Lara Croft?

At that point they might as well just get Crash Bandicoot and completely bury PlayStation All-Stars in poo poo.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I would hope it's not New Design Crash, With Mind Powers.

drat his and Spyro's franchises went to poo poo.

I think Sony letting go of those franchises was the biggest mistake they ever made.

O, how the universe weeps for thee, wounded Bandicoot. Would that it had never come to this.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Crash already threw down the gauntlet 20 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTi5EaocGaY

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Fuzz posted:

We should all become friends. I've been trying to justify buying the DLC for this because I loved SSBM, but having no one to play with that isn't a horrible King Dedede shitter (gently caress you liquidypoo) really killed my desire. People that play this like a highly technical fighter, tracking the stats and caring about animation frames and crap really ruin it for me... it's like they're missing the point with their autism.

Hmm, you're right, I was under the impression that this was a game where you fight other players to win. I must've missed the "serve tea and biscuits" button and the "have a friendly conversation" mechanic

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Trent posted:

I really can't tell if most people are serious about Goku being in smash. He's less a video game character than Mickey Mouse is. Darth vader has been in more games. I played as Bill Clinton a lot in NBA Jam, maybe he should be in smash.

Batman for Smash.

No, I don't have a hard time believing that they're serious. It doesn't surprise me that Goku fans are just as stupid as their hero.

Goku is trash crew, represent.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Sorry but I killed Goku the other day quite effortlessly.

I asked him what two plus two is and his head exploded.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

SilverSupernova posted:

You must be colorblind because that was Crono. That's why Cloud got in instead.

Crono is capable of doing kindergarten maths. However it is Goku's greatest enemy.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The only thing that would be awesome about Goku would be seeing him teleport straight into a KO from Dedede's fully charged down+B.

Hold that L to your chest you smelly retard. You lost to a fat penguin in bath robes.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

IronicDongz posted:

goku not being very smart is part of what makes him a funny, relatable character hth

Indeed his stupidity reflects quite a lot about the DBZ franchise as a whole, not to mention the fanbase

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

BillmasterCozb posted:

cabbagepots

why the gently caress you lyin? why you always lyin? Mmmmmohmygod, stop fuckin lyin :shittydog:

Man shut up Papyrus, you didn't have a single line of funny dialogue in that whole game

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bRggiJ0GuA

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The only way Goku can defeat a GigaMaiden is by boring her to death. With 600 volumes of a badly written, stretched out story arc that doesn't go anywhere, has no logic, no drama, nothing at stake and no reason for her to care.

In that regard, yes, he's definitely a real threat.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 14, 2015

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

bef posted:

I'd much rather take her than Shantae, since she actually fits some credentials

:confused:

Shantae is cute and colorful and draws inspiration from many different Nintendo games, chief among them being Warioland and Metroid. Her design is much more appealing to Japanese audiences and she made her debut on a Nintendo system (Game Boy Color). In what way does Lara Croft fit Smash better than her?

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

TheKingofSprings posted:

normies actually knowing who she is

This is actually a point against her.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Don't worry Shantae you'll win. Ignore the losers who are triggered by your anime boobs.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They would put in an actually good titty cartoon character if they wanted to do that.

Clearly It'd be any Skullgirl.

:effort:

Now you're just trying to gently caress with me, shame on you.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I don't know what gives you guys the impression that Goku is all that strong. In the grand scheme of all fiction he's actually a pretty basic bitch.

He could get killed by some Star Wars poo poo. Vader himself said the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. In the books they actually cause supernovas and Force pull objects from like a solar system away. What's Goku got against that? Nothing.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Spectacle Rock posted:

I'm sorry but I don't get it. It isn't that CAD comic parody so what is this a joke of?

It is. Look harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Well, Sakurai does. But that's about it

• Locked thread