Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I have absolutely no idea how to live in a world where CLOUD IN SMASH BROS isn't a lazy GameFAQs photoshop, what the gently caress is even real any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

PoPcornTG posted:

Would Super Saiyan be his Final Smash? Or would they work it into his mechanics?

his down-b would be Power Up and after certain lengths of time powering up you would ascend to his next form

his final smash would be punching you in the face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1z2rRd9MbQ

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

After the initial game got leaked, after Roy and Ryu also got leaked, Sakurai finally got to give us the Smash Bros Surprise he's wanted all along :unsmith:

It really is much better to be blown away by reveal trailers than to be spoiled but I can't resist shaking my presents. Thank you for Cloud, Sakurai, even if I don't care about him or his game. I'm glad the FF7 fans are super excited and I'm glad I get to experience this fan fiction world based on stupid gamefaqs rumors from the mid 2000's.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder how many stupid-rear end, 2000s-era Gamefaqs polls have been vindicated by this. Still pretty cool though.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Color Printer posted:

Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Megaman, Ryu, and Cloud Strife are now in one video game together. Think about the history of those characters and their companies. Think about that.
Seriously, can you imagine someone telling you in 1997 that those six characters would be in one video game where they fought each other, it would have been the height of My Uncle Works At Nintendo bullshit. Literally nobody would have believed this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kelp Plankton posted:

his down-b would be Power Up and after certain lengths of time powering up you would ascend to his next form

his final smash would be punching you in the face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1z2rRd9MbQ

Excuse me, I believe you wanted to link to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Iwgo5SWZA

CapnAndy posted:

Seriously, can you imagine someone telling you in 1997 that those six characters would be in one video game where they fought each other, it would have been the height of My Uncle Works At Nintendo bullshit. Literally nobody would have believed this.

Yeah seriously, this is amazing. I'm so glad and excited for this and waiting anxiously to see what December brings.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
The Biggest Anime's moveset looks p cool, maybe some Final Fantasy nerd can point out what moves these are

B is a projectile slash, Limit Break turns it from green to blue and increases the range
Side B is a multislash with pretty good vertical coverage in Limit Break, some runes or whatever appear
Up B is a rising slash with one tap, then a downward slash with another tap. Limit Break increases the vertical range.
No idea what Down B is, maybe something related to Limit Break?

Forward Smash looks like it does 2-3 slashes based on input
Up Smash looks like Ike's with less range on the backside
Down Smash hits forward then sweeps backwards.
Limit Break turns one of these into a huge attack that hits on both sides then launches directly up

Jab is kick kick slash
Dash attack has some startup lag, hits up and diagonally

F-tilt is a big slash with some endlag
U-tilt slices forward, comes out quick
D-tilt is a slide attack :megaman:

Nair is a sweep forward like Ike's
Fair looks like a big hit, also spikes, looks like it has a bit of startup lag
Bair is quick with a small hitbox
Uair has a massive hitbox, he holds his sword up horrizontally
Dair spikes but has a lot of endlag

Back throw is a kick that sends up and diagonal

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Should have been a black mage imo

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
C'mon, Master Chief. Make Mishonh from God a reality.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ah, going for the Warior/Bowser Jr. side B.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the wildest rear end posted:

Should have been a black mage imo

this

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I can not believe Cloud Strife is in Smash Brothers.

I can't.

It's crazy. :stare:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Guys. We could actually have Banjo and Kazooie. I never believed even when Phil Spencer gave his okay, but who even knows any more?

The pantheon of video games has opened its doors releasing a sea of characters to paw at the gates of Smash.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Chaos reigns.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Chaos reigns.
Real amped to play as a Chao.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I feel like Mallo from Pushmo is going to be really underwhelming after this. :(

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

mabels big day posted:

Chaos reigns.

Loving the cross slash and climhazzard and blade beam smashes

Ughf

My friends told me cloud was in smash and I just rolled my eyes and said "bullshit"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the gently caress? i voted for zack!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Countblanc posted:

the gently caress? i voted for zack!

You'll get Zack alright.

Team Ninja Zack, complete with Zack Island.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Millions posted:

The Biggest Anime's moveset looks p cool, maybe some Final Fantasy nerd can point out what moves these are

B is a projectile slash, Limit Break turns it from green to blue and increases the range
Side B is a multislash with pretty good vertical coverage in Limit Break, some runes or whatever appear
Up B is a rising slash with one tap, then a downward slash with another tap. Limit Break increases the vertical range.

Limit Break turns one of these into a huge attack that hits on both sides then launches directly up

Jab is kick kick slash

In order:
-The projectile slash is Blade Beam, one of Cloud's Limit Breaks.
-The rune slash is Cross-slash, another Limit Break.
-Up-B is Climhazzard, yet another Limit Break. It's usually started with a charge sword-first, followed by those two slashes, which is also seen in the video.
-The huge wind attack seems to be a modified Finish Touch, another Limit Break.
-The rest might be based on Dissidia attacks, I'd need to replay that as Cloud to check them out.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Millions posted:

Jab is kick kick slash

neutral b is blade beam, side b is cross slash, up b is climhazzard then i think braver as a followup?, down b has him charge up his limit, when its full he gets a one use powerup to all of his special moves. down b becomes finishing touch while limit is full, its the big move you talk about in his smash attacks. limit doesnt affect anything other than his specials

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
All they need is loving GOKU and the game is perfect IMO.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He did another one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ooyje41Ox4

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Thank you again, Sakurai.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I have no doubt in my heart now, Big Boss is gonna smash a bro.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

someone explain what clouds moves are because i don't know anything about him

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
So when's Goku?

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Accordion Man posted:

So when's Goku?

He's on his way back from Namek.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cool another anime sword guy smh.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope Cloud brings lots of cool tunes with his stage. A Chrono Trigger song even?:kimchi:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

fadam posted:

Cool another anime sword guy.

same

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Suspicious Cook posted:

Guys. We could actually have Banjo and Kazooie. I never believed even when Phil Spencer gave his okay, but who even knows any more?

The pantheon of video games has opened its doors releasing a sea of characters to paw at the gates of Smash.

As someone whose favourite game of all time is Banjo-Tooie, you have no idea how happy this would make me.

Please don't get my hopes up. :(

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 13, 2015

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

PoPcornTG posted:

He's on his way back from Namek.

Uhhh technically he is coming home from the planet Yardrat?? That's where he went to after Namek, where he learned the Instant Transmission......... jeez

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Cloud Strife in my Smash Bros what a time to be alive :shepface:

E: :yayclod:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 13, 2015

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i want goku and luffy next i dont care

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Okay I am home now and I watched the trailer in HD a few more times (had to sneak peaks at work) and now that I have I noticed a few more things:

- it is rad
-

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Reiley posted:

Uhhh technically he is coming home from the planet Yardrat?? That's where he went to after Namek, where he learned the Instant Transmission......... jeez

loving smh if you don't know Goku's exact route home after defeating Frieza

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Geostomp posted:

I really should have seen this coming. Final Fantasy VII fanboys and girls are some of the most rabid groups I've ever seen online. Of course they'd demand Cloud.

legoman727 posted:

:psyduck:

Seriously. What is Cloud doing here. He has literally never been on a nintendo console (outside of a lovely kingdom hearts spinoff) and the big FF7 re-release is a playstation exclusive.

Cicadas! posted:

I kinda hate that Cloud's in on principle but I'm coming around.

That was a pretty cool trailer, and he looks like he might be more than just another anime swordman.

It's just so out of left field, I'm kinda shellshocked.

Fritzler posted:

I'd rather have Black Mage then Cloud, but whatever.

Was that Chocobo an assist trophy or what?

fadam posted:

Cool another anime sword guy smh.

Shut up!! Stupid rear end

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

We now live in a world where Super Smash Bros has more Playstation All-Stars than Playstation All-Stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious Cook posted:

is that a thing he actually said?

• Locked thread