Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

You are a saint T-Bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

Alex Burrows, 4th line center despite not playing C at all, nice.

I'm surprised my team is even above .500 with that poo poo goaltending. Is Lehner already injured or something or is the CPU stubbornly starting Hutch for no good reason? Also what happened to make Matt Read suck so bad?

Burrows occasionally plays centre for the Canucks. He's a true forward in that he has no problem playing any position up front. He's weakest at centre, but only because he hasn't played a ton of it at the NHL level.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH FANTASY JIM BENNNING

I was thinking how spot on they got him

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Habibi posted:

Turns out the rest of the TB lineup has been carrying him. Who'd have thought?

Can't wait until he signs with the Leafs for $14M a season and becomes a huge flop.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

drat straight Gingerbricks.

Also haha way too many first round picks moved.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

Who the gently caress is Alex Tuch!? :catstare:

Former first round pick and power forward prospect of the Wild. He had a good first season at BC, so he's a legitimate prospect. Not Brent Seabrook legitimate though...

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I figure Murphy is a -14 potential or something and the game decided this time around to give him the upper extreme of that. He probably won't repeat it in other games (unless he has a hard coded potential number).

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

a pretty good prospect

the fiala trade is cool but uh tbone ive had murphy for like 6 rounds now

I wouldn't call it "give up McDavid for Regher" redeeming level though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

I traded my top defenseman for the rights to a 19 year old, are you loving kidding me. :wtf:

Canucks gave up what will probably be McDavid or Eichel and the 31st overall pick for Robyn Regehr. Trade logic is still a touch outta whack it seems.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Only solution is to continue the simulation until every player originally picked retires.

That's when EHM gets fun. I don't really care about a player unless I draft and develop them.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I'm thinking if we want to do a megasim it might be fun to do a new draft where you guys can actually manage your teams (assuming I could handle that workload without killing myself -- maybe only allowing updates/moves on a bi monthly sim basis and going a bit slower on the updates).

Would there be enough interest in that sort of thing?

Honestly I'd just be happy to see what stupid stuff the computer gets up to by itself. I don't feel a need to take an active hand in my running my team. Annual updates with screenshots of standings, points leaders, who won the cup, etc would be fine by me.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Yeah I can take control at any point.

Can you undo the Regher for a 1st and 2nd trade because that was stupid and game ruining.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

That was the best thing to happen all season

I'd like to think that even Benning wouldn't do that, but then again he did feel the need to throw picks and prospects into the Bonino for Sutter and Kassian for Prust swaps.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

Thinking about those horrible poo poo trades just makes me angry and exasperated.

How does someone that stupid rise up through the ranks of a real NHL franchise and actually get to the top without somebody with the power to go "Hey, this guy is stupid, don't put him in this position" noticing. And then how does he get to keep controlling said NHL franchise.

Boston model buddy. Boston model.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Columbus gently caress Corsis.

Also Devils/Jackets will probably set the record for the fewest viewers of anything ever.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Even wiggly dot Byfuglien in a jerk.

E: WHY THE HELL ARE WE DRESSING CURTIS McE IN A PLAYOFF GAME?

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 23, 2015

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I hold a press conference to encourage my fans to physically attack whichever Devils player it was that took out Schneider in game 3.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Gotta love Runblad's decision to circle back to the point despite a wide open shot to lay it over Clistome to blast through oodles of traffic.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Haha I forgot the Canucks traded out of the first round. Good for them.

Also two game 7s total, what a bland rear end playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Did the Canucks seriously trade out of the first round again? What did they get and where did they finish?

• Locked thread