Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

For some advanced weapons / artifacts whatever, instead of data disks you could find a broken or incomplete version and then you use tinkering to get it into working condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

I mean, Snapjaws can't spawn infinitely and stack up into a giant murderous totem pole like some sort of Megazord,
devs plz fix

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I like to think that Ualraig is just some schmuck who started hanging out on that corner all the time, and nobody wanted to be the one who had to convince him to leave, so eventually they just started telling everyone he was the Warden to save face.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > General Bullshit > E/N Bullshit > leg bones are fused and im typign this on my ph

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

By the way, do you attack with each hand when Helping Hands are equipped?
They have the same chance-to-attack as extra arms do, so usually not a lot, but you can upgrade it by taking the right skills.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Excellent.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Tollymain posted:

why does the game say mutated humans have moderate starting attributes to true kin's high, when they get 4 more allocation points in chargen

are the extra +2 stat points from caste vs calling that valuable?

True Kin attributes start at all 12s, mutants start at all 10s.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

resistentialism posted:

How does auto-eat decide what to munch on? Can I carry around tacos as trade goods or should I stash them somewhere?

Stash them. I dunno the rule, but it can and will eat yuckwheat and other extremely valuable things as a snack.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

resistentialism posted:

I fell in love with the apple farmer's daughter and then she burst into flames as I was walking away

That's how you know it's ~true love~

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Yep, that's pretty much the deal with two-headed slugsnouts.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

What is an Eigenrifle supposed to be? I don't understand that prefix in the context of weaponry...

It's a math joke. An eigenvector of a linear transformation is a vector that doesn't change (well, it gets scaled, but it doesn't move or change direction) when you apply that transformation to it. For instance, if the transformation is a rotation, then the (real) eigenvector is along the axis of rotation.

And then somebody in Qud made a weapon out of it... somehow.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Glimpse posted:

Found a cool Choose Your Own Adventure book

You usually only see the condensed edition.

The sequel "You Are! Einstein-Rosen: Unabridged" is just out of this world, though.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Amuys posted:

I want coffee in Qud because
1. It's a vaguely Middle-Eastern setting
2. Neutron Flux Frappucinos

The only coffee in Qud is the hyperphasic trilatte, invented by the Sultan Tammberqas after she had a dream in which she made war on a tribe of sentient coffee beans.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Post poste posted:

Tapping five on the numpad cancels most menus and options.

Not Dismember! Just cut off my own ax arm.

That's... an impressive feat of contortionism.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

You can't enter mountains on the world map, but you can go down into the normal map and walk there.

E: okay fine I'm slow

megane
Jun 20, 2008

heard u like girls posted:

:xd:

If only DF had Qud's interface...

Ironically, long before I got involved with Qud, I made a DF tileset.

Never really finished it, but it was fun. DF is great.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Unormal posted:

Not sure, this is the second You are destroyed report I've seen in the last week or two that seems spurious. I'll push some logging to see if I can track it down. Last time the cause was a weird confluence of bugs causing the player to tinker-disassemble himself.

But how many bits did he get?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

infinity chute crabs
If you get a chute crab section, run. Recoiling out and trying a different path is probably your best bet. Chute crabs do not gently caress around, and you absolutely cannot fight your way through.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Robot Randy posted:

bug report: had two torch sconces placed 1 space apart and that raised the temperature enough to make my character burst into flame when i got within 1-2 tiles of them

Working as intended :supaburn:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I love the thought of your adventurer panic-eating an entire corpse so they can escape from the rockets barreling down on them.

Be specific; you're panic eating an entire twisted pandimensional spider demon corpse.

That you keep in a box so you don't absent-mindedly snack on it.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

HATECUBE posted:

Also one of the items that just has a black box instead of a picture for me.

Yeah that means I'm a loser and haven't made an icon yet (though for the hoversled in particular I made one very recently and it's just not in yet). Please post about any black boxes you see since I am terrible at Qud and will probably never find them.

e: or things with icons that don't make any sense

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Those are the putative templar.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Dude, if you were a sweet-rear end giant deathworm and your worm buddy Kyle dragged you and the rest of the guys out to this "totally sweet party"? But when you got there it turned out that instead of a sick beach deal with booze and whatever it was this weird religious thing? And Kyle was all like "you gotta throw away all your artifacts, Chad, we're not worthy of 'em"? Man, you'd be pissed too.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: On an unrelated note, I just had a Baetyl ask for 5 "Billowing Conch of the Ajis" which I can only assume is either a Sultan item or some heretofore undiscovered unique artifact.

e2: Tried wishing for one in a test game; it's just an ordinary tier 3 cudgel by the looks of it. :confused:

I think that's the starting weapon for Fuming God Children but don't quote me.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

In 32, after consulting with fungi, Zarmaqazz traveled to Artan Marsh, where she performed half of an A-Button press. Afterward, the fungi were so enlightened that Artan Marsh was renamed to Zarmaqazzabad.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Caves of Qud: Madpoles Bit Off All Four of my Arms

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I mean, in a sense, having 3 lives is really the same as having one life, but with a few automatic, one-use, instant teleports. There's nothing wrong with having get-out-of-danger-free cards in your game, whether you call them "extra lives" or "scroll of blinking." The problem is when they're infinite and reliable.

e: In practice I think TOME's default mode gives you a feeeeew too many lives. You get to the point where you stop paying attention because you can screw up like 6 times without actually losing. 2-3 is plenty.

megane fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 7, 2017

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Science is complete; there is nothing else to create

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The bonfire in Tomb of the Eaters is way too hard to find

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Caves of Qud: he will be missed but was also delicious

megane
Jun 20, 2008

People in Qud use water as currency; of course they don't know what coins are. Clearly those are weird two-sided dice.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Yeah but if you kill a jelly with freezing hands you get sherbet

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I got to that spindle place after b. Susa. Are those plant things supposed to look like people or is that unfinished content? Also, how the gently caress do you kill them and their wasp buddies? Place was a hard wall for my joke punching only build that ended up being my best character ever.

If you find random stuff that looks like watervine farmers and clearly shouldn't, let me know. But in this case, if I recall correctly, the monsters themselves are placeholders, which sort of answers both of your questions.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Yeah, but what I meant was: the reason gelatinous palms in particular don't have real sprites is because they're placeholder monsters and might get removed when the Spindle is finished.

If a monster in, like, Bethesda Suda had this problem, it'd need fixing, since I'm operating under the impression that I finished all the monsters there.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Unormal posted:

The core engine supports multiple dimensions trivially,

qud.txt

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Shed those pounds, guaranteed, with Irinius Treeclimber's new cookbook -- over 100 delicious and healthy recipes for cooking up your own severed limbs.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

There should be an achievement for cooking up that unquestioned pinnacle of the culinary arts, the legendary taco suprema.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

You have to forge The Ur-grater out of the steel from a chrome pyramid's eye, for nothing else could grate the sacred mozzarella of Ynxmir.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Unfinish3d posted:

I give up. How do you violate the Pauli exclusion principle in this game? Where does the quantum state of electrons come into play?? Unless...

Nevermind, I figured it out. Another feature I haven't used much.

The best game with the best achievements :allears:

That achievement icon is the first one I made, and still actually the one I'm most proud of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Bilal posted:

This is a pretty pacifist method of killing someone.

This makes me think that they had him tied up and surrounded, and he just calmly delivered this super-intense lecture on the basic laws of thermodynamics, at which point the bandit leader just collapsed in existential horror and let him go.