Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I downloaded the ascii version a while ago but yesterday i finally sat down and bothered to get acquainted with the controls and such. I gave my first guy wings and some stuff and walked around for a bit, talking to some dudes about the weather. I barged into the elders hut and decided that i wanted to impress him. So i flew around for a couple of turns in his hut, hoping this elder person would gift me something or another for being an obvious Angel from the Heavens.

My guy crashed to the ground in the elders hut, confusing the poo poo out of him apparently and he refused to talk to me now. Either the crash or this elder's demented gaze broke my mental mirror too, and things were looking bad. The old fella was standing outside on town square, probably yelling at everyone about how rude i've been. Some guards and the elder were making me feel unwanted so i fled into one of the houses.

I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to close a door. Unsuccessful, i figured i might as well see what happens when i look inside a chest. With guards closing in on the house, i took everything from the chest, maybe something could help me out here. The artifact in the chest turned out to be an acid grenade of sorts because i immediately exploded when some village defender looked at me angry.

In the next few attempts i decided to just ignore much of the village and fought salamanders and dogs in a flower field in the north. I even managed to find out that Redrock is like almost IN joppa and the place i was trying to get to was Golgotha but i had fun regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Thanks, i will try that :tipshat:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Tam was upset i took something from his hut tho (maybe i took from him specifically?) and he followed me to the forest where i had to put the poor sucker down by turning him into a poisoned block of ice. Rip Tam. Now i'm stealing copper wire from a mine. Things are going pretty well for some reason, tho i'm fully expecting i'll get ganked when i return to Joppa..

E: nvm dead :xd:
20th Jilted Lover got lucky and critted me to death.

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 30, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

amuayse posted:

Red Rock seems to have gotten shorter

Or did you get taller ? hm

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

COOL CORN posted:

Are there any video playthroughs of this floating around (e.g. Youtube) yet?

Yeah someone linked a pretty funny guy playing the ascii version, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ndiaem2Nw
I've been watching a bunch of his videos the last couple of days to get a bit of an idea of the game.

He does tend to drag things out quite a lot but his mellow commenting style is fairly relaxing imo.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

The skill that lets you drop a 3x3 square of friendly plants on a target is pretty hilarious. I like how you can then also move a seedspitter to the next screen or whatever by changing places with it a couple of times.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Is there an 'eat' key I'm missing, or do you have to do it through the 'get' menu every time you want to eat the corpses of your slain foes :black101:? It would be awfully convenient to have a 1-or-2-key combination for "eat whatever I'm standing on".

I'd like to know this as well...

I guess taking the Butcher skill kinda circumvents it and otherwise if a monster has no drops you can hammer space, space, A

But yeah

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Last run i finished the rust wells and red rock quest, was doing good for myself, bought some cool poo poo and then accidentally shot Mehmet in the face with my shotgun. The warden fellow was not happy at all and turned me into ice cubes. I need to work on my keybinds cus that was quite unfortunate.

What keys do people usually bind their attack skills and such to?

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I'm pretty stoked about getting the Tiles version soon :D

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Cybermg posted:

The cudgel skill Slam has a 100 turn cooldown. WTF!?

Press 1 to instantly wait 100 turns :classiclol:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Same i was in such a rear end in a top hat village with a very nice ape mayor and he gave me a quest. Went into the jungle near the river and rounded a big tree stump at the water. A Madpole fish instantly tore off both my arms and i bled to death :/ lol

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

That said I really like Psychometry and tinkering stuff. Force bubble is insanely good and cool, Disintegration is extremely good to combine with Bubble and i've taken a liking to Light Manipulation, it's not bad at all and you can pretty much use it every time you want.

The guy that got his arms torn off was lvl 13 with high ego and high agility, using strength as a dumpstat. Was Akimbo-ing Chain-pistols and blowing up everything with bubble+disint.

Went to the Red Archway thing, with the turret lair and stashes, right from the start. Worked out pretty well, so i think i'll keep doing something like that.

E: Oh yeah and had 2 pieces of Fullerite armor but drat that poo poo is heavy. Also was very lucky and ran into multiple merchant traders so ammo was NP at all. RIP in piece

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 8, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Friend gifted me and heself this game so now i can play in glorious tiles. Very happy with how it looks so far and the reputation screen is funny. DOGS WELCOME YOU ON THEIR HOLY SITES!!

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Nice!

:snoop:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

amuayse posted:

If anyone wants to take a stab at the l character build I play usually, it's ABOKOGGU
I must make up 90% of the playthroughs of Priest of All Suns :downs:

Whats a priest of all suns? Im interested in your goku code, but i still have a char going atm

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

amuayse posted:

Mutations are for squares

:crossarms:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Unormal i love this game, i'm getting better and faster and it's a ton of fun to try out different combinations. That said i was a bit miffed that i couldn't take both freezing and flaming hands with the four arms mutation. Still cool to make a Goro character tho hehe.

Is Golgotha the place with the crab singularity? Cus there sure were a ton of crabs there... (then i died to robots)

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Can someone post a good purish~ melee build? Do you take low ego / int and take for granted the tiny amount of skillpoints per level and terrible trade prices? Not having Ego boost a bunch of skills also seem like it makes everything a ton more difficult...

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Thanks for the info!

Tho i'm not really sure what you mean by Investing in Nuggets... Do they have a fixed price or something? I tend to keep colored bracelets around if i want to hoard cash (but not drams).

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Holy poo poo how did i not notice :xd: Thanks again ^^

e: :stare: i just found 'helping hands' and i already have 4 arms and dual wield... this'll be great

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 17, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Good stuff.

Earlier i had a char that i went full into dodging with, but by the time i got to goatman camps i just got shot to poo poo with desert rifles and sowers seeds. Current char was a bit more tricky to get thru the initial hurdles but it's kinda coming to its own now.

Can't wait to die by walking into a slumberling :newlol:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Unormal posted:

Brought life to some urtime protoqud Freehold-world wikis. Here's one of my favorite slivers.
Clan Danneskjold
:black101:

Unormal posted:

, fixed for tomorrow's build.
I put my game on Beta in steam, is that the most recent thing or do i want to put it on Public- 8~ etc?

Floodkiller posted:

Here's some of my dumb builds if people want characters that will probably die and be too stupid/ugly to do anything but kill things:
code:
Dodge Tank - BBDWNKKEBKBNBPB1B2CG
Generic Axe Crab #53 - BEQOOGKEBCBIBTEF
Musclemind - BGSKQEKIBEBOBTDCCB
Jack of All Bits - AEOOQJKI
Goku - BFQOMEOIBABEB5DXEC
I've added some of these to my builds list and had a look at them. Gave me some ideas for characters that are similar but slightly different. :tipshat:

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 18, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Floodkiller posted:

-Asphalt Mines (have spare containers for oil if you managed to get a flamethrower)

Where can i find this mythical place?

Nvm found it... anything i should know about it ?

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 19, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Haha thanks guys :)

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

lol
Torches also refuse to stack properly most of the time it seems.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Goddamn, the 12gauge shotgun absolutely murders goatmen. And that on a character with barely any agility (13).

Like it one shots 2 or 3 dudes from 5 spaces away lol. Love it :madmax:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

Last I knew it was bugged to do thousands of damage.

I beliebe it. If it hits it kills :D

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I unbound all the menu buttons since i just use tab and then cycle with the numpad. I rather have abilities on those keys.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

'Hated by Chute Crabs for drawing a rainbow on the side of one of their libraries.'

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

If i shoot down a couple of Caravan Guards, is that going to hurt my chances to trade with other caravans later? This camel has a vibro dagger i want...

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Ok, i was worried about the Rep mostly. Lvl 20 so would be stupid to mess it up now tho.
It's just that i have the recipe for Vibro daggers and other nice stuff, but i have a hard time finding Perfect Nanotronics or whatever the hell the higher level tinker bits hehe..

E: Decided to let them live after a stroke of goodwill and went to take out Mamon with one pellet from the 00 buckshot muahaha

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 24, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

curious lump posted:

this thread is surreal to read if you've never touched the game. it reads like a parody thread but its real???

Haha, well yeah it's a roguelike, and a really fun one at that.

Diggin the Friday Update, especially being able to craft metric tons of ammo and going all out shooting dudes, instead of saving bullets for the rainy days.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Heck yeah!

Unormal posted:

*Walls no longer forever dream of the last creature that damaged it if that creature has since died

Lol this has to do with the digging claws right? When the walls go all sparkly green? Or is it something more sinister...

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

How do you get the samus aran the skybear out of his cryochamber? Do you need to destroy the walls or is there some lever or w/e i didn't see?

E; Like i'm level 20 atm and i gotta go to !Bethesda really, but i;m trying to see what else i can do before i go there. Bethesda is pretty spooky and my last good char died there at one of the 'bosses' that was invisible.

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 30, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Hehehe, i looked at the wiki what the bearguy was about. It said he was a wu tang swordsmaster of some sort and i chickened out. Went to Bethesda Susa were i perished at the hands of Jotun iirc.

Turns out if you disarm that fellow, he will throw his throwing axes at you through a force-bubble. Lol RIP :')

E; Game is starting to take it's toll, as i just recall i briefly dreamed about catching Glotrot...

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 1, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Is there any differences between a Steel Vinereaper and a Steel Battle-axe, apart from the name? They look identical, but this IS a roguelike so... Not sure if there's any hidden properties to items or some such.

Also Hook & Drag is a ridiculous skill now i found out you can drag guys everywhere. I used that on some pink snapjaw hero and found out i couldn't get rid of him and he wouldn't break loose.. That was a really silly death :black101:

I kinda wanna be able to drag dudes into young ivory's and such now, but i don't think that works

E; "the bloody turret's dismembered feet"

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 2, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Cool, thanks everybody :lsd:
Another one:
Does the Repair skill actually do anything and if so.. how do i use it? Doesn't show any extra abilities or anything in my screens..

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

There should be a rare tinkerable type of vinereaper: the autoreaper, a powered, two-handed axe bound in whirling chain that chews through vine and flesh alike :black101:

:agreed: :madmax:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

It seems that when you Beguile a creature to join your side, at some point they stop following you. Possibly because they level up too much? Somehow i doubt that it's intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

S.T.C.A. posted:

Unless it's been changed, there's a bug where beguiling more than 1 creature breaks the beguiling on the first.

Nah I figured that out fast enough and that kinda makes sense imo. I had a friendly Salthopper just tearing poo poo up around redrock etc and after a while it just sat there, like it was fed up with killing poo poo. Same with a Snapjaw beserker(? the yellow muscledudes) further underground. Used him to clear a couple of levels and then after i was eliminating some vines, he just sat in a hallway and gave up on life or something.

I'll try beguiling some more guys tonite and see what happens.