Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Ice To Meet You posted:

He probably went home to sleep.

Ding ding ding.

Starting pitchers for the next day pretty much always go home early when games go to extra innings. If there's a day game the next day, they may even leave before it gets there. Although I'm guessing most of them stay up to watch the rest of the game, especially when it's versus the division rivals that you're only separated from by a few games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
EDIT: nm

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I own a Ryan Dempster jersey and a Chris Bosio game worn jersey that's basically big enough to wear as a mini dress.

In terms of bad players, I do own a Mike Fontenot shirsey because Mike Fontenot was the loving poo poo. Cajun Connection Fa Fa 4 Life.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It's a shame they can't make an exception and give out three NL Cy Youngs this year.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Should've went with What A Joker imho.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Storm posted:

Munenori Kawasaki continues to be my favorite player because he's adorable http://m.mlb.com/video/v458744583/kawasaki-on-learning-english-tells-joke/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

Holy poo poo, I love Mune. "Noodle Power!!!" :swoon:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

mbisonyes.gif

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
From the highlights I just saw, Votto didn't even lose his poo poo immediately. He calmly asked Bill Welke about the call, then asked for time and for some reason Welke wouldn't give it to him. THEN he made a comment, Welke ejected him and finally after all this nonsense, Votto flipped his poo poo. Completely justified, imho.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Harper just doesn't have the clutch gene imo

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I will not be happy until we overtake the Pirates for the first wildcard spot, Jake Arrieta throws a CGSO against them at Wrigley in the Wild Card game, then we move on to beat the Cardinals after they have numerous fielding mishaps and their ridiculous strand rate regresses all at once. The Cubs could then lose in the NLCS and I'd still be happy, but if those other things do not happen I will be very angry.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
For anyone that's ever gone on the Wrigley Field tour, there's a hilarious little nook halfway down the tunnel to the home clubhouse that has a urinal and a sink for the players to run to during the game since the clubhouse is so far away. No door or anything. It was my second favorite part of the tour behind going in the announcer's booth. I just realized that with the renovations, this beautiful urinal will soon be gone, a forgotten relic of a time gone by. :911:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Be sure to try and start the wave!

If you start the wave, I will fly to Philadelphia and fistfight you.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Bud posted:

There's no level of drunk in which the wave is an option. We will be within earshot of the cubs dugout however, but my insults are nl east focused. Any ideas?
Edit: I mean I feel the curse stuff/ cubs being cubs will be lost on all those youngsters. I guess just remind them the cards will beat them soon? Not gonna help that Arrieta will be no hitting us when we get to our seats in the 5th.

Yell "You are a really cool guy and great baseball player!!" at Anthony Rizzo. Or "You are quite handsome!!!" at Kris Bryant. Either one of these taunts is bound to work.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Senf posted:

I once saw a fan yell a bunch of really polite stuff at Trout for an entire game.

"YOU ARE SO GOOD AT BASEBALL, MICHAEL AND I DISLIKE YOU FOR THAT."

"YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF A TRUE, LIVING ANGEL, MICHAEL."

"WHAT'S IT FEEL LIKE TO BE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE AT EVERYTHING?"

"I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY INSULT SOMEONE SO TALENTED."

Trout gave the dude a ball in the 7th or 8th inning.

That guy knows what's up.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Schwarby of the Year.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Rand alPaul posted:

N: After giving up a grand slam and a home run in the same inning, the Kansas City Royals throw at Chris Davis.

V: gently caress the Royals and gently caress MLB for not coming down hard on this team. Buck Showalter owns.

Hitting Chris Davis with a pitch because your team is making GBS threads the bed is really stupid and bad. Chris Davis immediately breaking that bat against the ground with that righteous one-armed swing is rad as hell, though.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Harlock posted:

It was a joke, guy

Ironic that the guy defending the wave and "having fun" is the real tight rear end who does not understand a joke here.

Fret not, I won't actually fly across the country and fistfight anyone, except for davecrazy if he won't shut up about Yoenis Cespedes for MVP.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Popete posted:

This makes me so happy, Darwin Barney is a cool dude. He is outstanding defensively but yeah he can't hit worth a crap. Glad he's back in the majors.

Hell yeah. I love DarBar and I'm glad he's going to a team that I like. This will cement the Blue Jays even further as the team I will root for if the Cubs cannot win the World Series this year.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Monicro posted:

In news literally no one except me will care about, Carlos Pena is going to retire as a Ray :3:

I really liked Carlos Pena when he was on the Cubs and I feel very happy for you, Monicro. :)

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I haven't had time to read this thread in a few days, but after catching up, I must say that while the sarcastic bickering over Coghlan's slide was really annoying, the page worth of amazing slide .gifs made it all worthwhile.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Nisei and Darkhorse are cool. Mullen's is decent. Pretty much everything else can kick rocks.

EDIT: Oh, and Sports Corner shows UFC fights without a cover. So that's cool.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

MassaShowtime posted:

Who chose Alf.

Seriously, though. Whoever it is jumps into my top ten of favorite active baseball players.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That dude's either been playing a lot of MLB: The Show or he plays in fantasy football leagues with complete dumbasses. (I say football because nobody that dumb would have the patience to be in a fantasy baseball league).

Either that or he's been drinking too much grain alcohol for the past thirty years.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Jake Arrieta is The Truth.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Senf posted:

Just confirmed: Hudson and Zito are going to be starting the game on Saturday and Hudson, Zito, and Mulder will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch.

:allears:

:3:
I love this so much.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Poonerman posted:

Yogi Berra passed away :(

no no no no no no no

gently caress

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

bawfuls posted:

He got scratched from his start tonight with a calf issue, so he won't make it to 20 ~WiNz~

Vote will be quite close in the end I suspect

His calf is just not clutch.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Greinke is one of my favorite players and deserves the Cy Young.

BUT if he comes back next week and his calf is bothering him and he gets shelled the day after Arrieta throws a gem against the Pirates on national primetime television and Jake ekes out the Cy Young victory...well, I wouldn't exactly be upset.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

:laffo:
This is beautiful.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
gently caress the Cardinals, imho

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

will_colorado posted:

If the Dodgers clinch the division in SF, they can all go jump to the bottom of the pool beyond right field.

:lol::lol::lol:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Yaya posted:

Question since I missed the celebration: Did Osuna have to just sadly sip on Coca-Cola while everybody else celebrated since he's only 20

Isn't the drinking age in Canada lower? Were they at home last night?

EDIT:

Groucho Marxist posted:

starlin castro is unlucky when he's bad and it's his true talent level when he's good it has nothing to do with the fact that his skill set is a high variance one. check out my fangraphs scouting report.

As long as that variance is the good kind of variance rather than the bad kind, let my man Barlin Bastro play in the wild card game. Aren't the Pirates like second in the league in errors? Seems like a good defense to just slap baseballs at and see what happens.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 1, 2015

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Yaya posted:

Drinking age is 19 in Canada, but they're in Baltimore.

If they're in Baltimore, then there are no rules. He probably just put his bottle of champagne in a paper bag so nobody could tell what it was.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Xenophon posted:

there's just the same old story of a guy who strings together a lucky streak. People have seen it before from Castro a million times.

Hot drat, a million lucky streaks in a six year career? I'll take it!!!

Look, the fact of the matter is Starlin Castro is a decent, not outstanding player. Four of his six seasons, he's basically put up numbers that would qualify him as a starter. I don't know how he seems to be the topic of so much consternation and handwringing. In 2013, he was awful, but so much has been spoken about the Dale Sveum experience that it isn't worth rehashing. This year, he's put up bench player numbers. I suspect in the offseason the Cubs will continue talks to trade him, while simultaneously looking at trying him out at new positions. A 25 year old with a .282 career batting average and double digit home run potential isn't exactly a throwaway player, even if he doesn't take walks. But you certainly aren't going to move Rizzo, Bryant or Russell off their positions and Baez is such a solid defender and has looked like a decent bat even with the strikeouts. Does Starlin have the tools to play a corner outfield spot? I can't imagine him being a worse option than Chris Denorfia.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Bob Shabazz posted:

The word on Bryant has always been that he's unlikely to stick at third.

I know that was all the talk earlier this year, but watching him play there, he's looked really good defensively. I don't know what the defensive metrics say, but I can't imagine them moving him off third unless they have a really good reason to i.e. fitting in a guy with limited range, but a great arm and a huge bat into the lineup. Castro doesn't really read as a 3B to me. Maybe Baez would? I'm not sure.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Groucho Marxist posted:

Bryant moving off 3B has always been about what a massive man he is and if he'll be able to handle it a few years from now more than how he currently plays there.

And Baez has always seemed like a perfect fit for 3B to me but the Cubs seem intent on making him a 2B for whatever reason.

That makes sense. I just can't imagine him needing to move off there in the next few years. I suppose they could just move him early and get it over with, but I don't know why they'd do that unless they had the right fit at 3B. Baez definitely seems like a potential 3B to me. A hell of a lot more than Castro. I suppose I could see Baez-Russell-Castro-Rizzo across the infield with Schwarber-Fowler-Bryant across the outfield (please re-sign Fowler). If Soler was a fourth outfielder, though, they'd undoubtedly need a really skilled defensive sub guy on the roster. I don't know if Coghlan or Jackson are quite there.

Either way, it's interesting to have a roster with potentially movable pieces. Will be cool to see which way they go with it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Pancakes posted:

My dad is a lifelong Cubs fan...He cheered for the Cards on my behalf every year we were in the playoffs.

Doesn't sound like much of a Cubs fan. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

straight up brolic posted:

everyone uses their phone too much, but it's fair game to make fun of someone for it because, despite the hypocrisy, it's funny. that bit with all three groups taking selfies with loving churros is hilarious.

Oh poo poo, I agree with noted rear end in a top hat Cardinals Fan straight up brolic. Bring on the Apocalypse.

And by the Apocalypse, I mean the Cubs winning the World Series.

• Locked thread