Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

"Cock'n'Balls" is a pinnacle of modern medicine.
I recently bought a pair of bluetooth headphones and I figured I'd actually look at the safety information and warnings first. That link should include the PDF download for the manual but I'll but it here just because.

code:
Important Safety Instructions
•	 Read these Instructions.
•	 Keep these Instructions.
•	 Heed all Warnings.
•	 Follow all instructions
Alright, clear enough, I'm down with safety.

code:
•	 Do not use this apparatus near water.
•	 Clean only with a dry cloth.
•	 Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Uhh, ok? Probably not a good idea to get my new headphones wet, but I don't recall seeing any ventilation openings on the headphones...

code:
•	 Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus
(including amplifiers) that produce heat.
•	 Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding - type plug. A polarized plug has two
blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding
prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. When the provided plug does
not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
I'm not sure you even know what I purchased. You gave me a USB cord to charge the headphones with. No wall charger, so no prongs. And what the hell am I installing?

code:
•	 Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
•	 Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer,
or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/
apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
You do realize these are wireless and lightning storms don't pose a loving risk, right? Unless you mean while it's charging?

And what's this poo poo about a loving cart? Who the gently caress puts their wireless headphones on a cart/apparatus combination just to move the goddamn headphones?

code:
Additional Warnings and Precautions
•	 CAUTION: TO PREVENT ELECTRIC SHOCK, MATCH WIDE BLADE OF PLUG TO WIDE
SLOT, FULLY INSERT.
WHAT loving PLUG?!

code:
•	 CAUTION: Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified
may result in hazardous radiation exposure
Wait, did I really purchase Bluetooth headphones or is this some sort of military-grade handheld deathlaser? I mean, I know bluetooth operates at the same frequency as a microwave, except Bluetooth transmits at 1 milliwatt, and my microwave in my kitchen is 1,500,000 times more powerful, and only transmits in a coherent beam. I don't care how much you crank it up, these headphones will never operate at a 1.5kW transmission power.

code:
•	 WARNING: Do not place this unit directly onto furniture surfaces with any type of soft, porous, or
sensitive finish. As with any rubber compound made with oils, the feet could cause marks or staining
where the feet reside.  We recommend using a protective barrier such as a cloth or a piece of glass
between the unit and the surface to reduce the risk of damage and/or staining.
Now you're just loving with me to see if I'm even reading this.

code:
•	 CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same
or equivalent type.
•	 WARNING: There is a danger of explosion if you attempt to charge standard Alkaline batteries in
the unit. Only use rechargeable NiMH batteries.
•	 WARNING: The remote control’s button cell battery contains mercury. Do not put in the trash,
instead recycle or dispose of as hazardous waste
•	 WARNING: Lithium batteries, like all rechargeable batteries, are recyclable and should be recycled
or disposed of in normal household waste. Contact your local government for disposal or recycling
practices in your area. They should never be incinerated since they might explode.
What remote control? And why warn me about only using NiMH batteries when you next say lithium? Oh, poo poo, I started paying attention to you again.

code:
•	 Objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall not be placed on the apparatus.
•	 Mains plug is used as disconnect device and it should remain readily operable during intended
use. In order to disconnect the apparatus from the mains completely, the mains plug should be
disconnected form the mains socket outlet completely
•	 Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
•	 Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does
not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children.
Admit it, all you did was copy and paste random instructions from different products into this and think nobody would notice.

There's gotta be better ones than this out there. I mean, it's written in perfectly understandable english, but has nothing to do with the product I bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Stay safe Rashaverak

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm left handed. Everything is out to kill or maim me.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Corner of my new furniture hurts and the edges are exactly at balls height

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mad Monk posted:

Stay safe Rashaverak

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Sometimes my phone gets uncomfortably hot, and I just think, "Good :unsmigghh:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

recently bought a pair of boxer briefs and they caught on fire when i had a really hot fart.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
do not rectally partake of cactus

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014
Make no mistake, they don't give a poo poo about your well being with those warnings, it's just they're quite cognizant that they market their products to a society of litigious nutcases and are preparing accordingly.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

deadly_pudding posted:

Sometimes my phone gets uncomfortably hot, and I just think, "Good :unsmigghh:

until it explodes in your pocket and takes out your balls or vulva

i used to sell cellphones and one brand kept exploding and injuring people and we kept selling them anyway :twisted:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

i used to sell cellphones and one brand kept exploding and injuring people and we kept selling them anyway :twisted:

lmao

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A misanthrope posted:

until it explodes in your pocket and takes out your balls or vulva

but i need my balls or vulva! :ohdear:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm left handed. Everything is out to kill or maim me.

Just learn to be right handed

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinaman7000 posted:

Corner of my new furniture hurts and the edges are exactly at balls height

buy a bunch of tennis balls and cut a slit on them then put them over any corners or other pointy spots

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Monk posted:

Stay safe Rashaverak

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

anytime i drink anything artificially colored blue or purple i get green poops.

ArcticKnife
Mar 2, 2015

quakster posted:

do not rectally partake of cactus

QFT

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Matey posted:

one time it was like a week after St Pattys and the bar I go to was trying to kill off the last of their kegs of green beer so it was like $2 pints and a drank a bunch and hte next morning my poop was like bright green and I got all freaked out but then I remembered I drank a bunch of green beer so that is probably why

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
unfortunately it was not why - you had an unrelated intestinal algae infestation and fell into a coma just a few days later

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
they all say that. literally everything. ive read them too for lols, since you can plug your usb cable into virtually any usb power brick thats where the power warnings come.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Nooner posted:

one time it was like a week after St Pattys and the bar I go to was trying to kill off the last of their kegs of green beer so it was like $2 pints and a drank a bunch and hte next morning my poop was like bright green and I got all freaked out but then I remembered I drank a bunch of green beer so that is probably why

poop of the irish

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mozi posted:

unfortunately it was not why - you had an unrelated intestinal algae infestation and fell into a coma just a few days later

does that mean .... are the forums heaven?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Unexpected poo poo in your post, OP. Wait, I mean expected.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
dont funnel listerine into ur butthole!!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

jarvis cocker posted:

dont funnel listerine into ur butthole!!

you're not the boss of me

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
did you transcribe all of that manually

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Matey posted:

back when mt dew had that awesome midnight black version, i drank the gently caress out of it just so my poops would be neon green.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Every time I eat beets I forget and then think I'm making GBS threads blood.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
do not place boric acid into anus or other mucous membranes

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

quote:

Objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall not be placed on the apparatus.

this is good advice for headphones

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Don't effortpost shame me man, I can have my kinks.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
when you have a tiny dick and ur pumpin away and panting and sweating and putting in all the effort you possibly can and you're still nowhere near satisfying your partner

that's this thread

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

Nefarious posted:

when you have a tiny dick and ur pumpin away and panting and sweating and putting in all the effort you possibly can and you're still nowhere near satisfying your partner

that's this thread

Can I get an instruction manual for my tiny d, because that's totally an expected hazard for me.

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

Oh poo poo I found the instruction manual for my tiny d.

http://www.spypoint.com/manuals/Manual_TINY-D.pdf

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

code:
Thank you for choosing one of our excellent
SPYPOINT products. You can now enjoy many benefits of
a full feature
Thank god, I'm tired of not knowing how to work my tiny d.

code:
Time Lapse Predefined intervals from
30sec to 1h
Well gently caress at least 30 seconds is an improvement over my current two pumps.

code:
Instant trigger time
WAIT THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Rashaverak posted:

Oh poo poo I found the instruction manual for my tiny d.

http://www.spypoint.com/manuals/Manual_TINY-D.pdf

Its not called a tiny d any more it's a micro p

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Its not called a tiny d any more it's a micro p

Oh poo poo I see what you mean.

code:
External trigger 1/8" jack for normally open
contact
Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Is this a new scp thread?

• Locked thread