Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's that time of year again with a month to go to the NHL season, and so brings about Season 4 of:

The draft is currently set for Friday, October 2nd at 7:30pm ET. Please let me know in advance if there are objections to this draft time. The draft time and date will be locked in by September 28th to ensure maximum participation.

League Settings:

Site: Yahoo!
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live (Snake)
Teams: 16
Scoring H2H
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR
Forward/Defenseman State Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
Seriousness Level: 2 Bieksas
Comments: Top notch trophy.

Alright, the list is finalized, I've gone ahead and pulled the trigger a little early for the waitlist guys as there are exactly 4 spots and I don't want to end up with an odd number of GM's before the draft, so I've PM'ed for emails. El Gallinero Bros, you don't have PM so I need you to send me your email.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Waitlist please sir

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Joined back in. I should probably make the big fantasy thread soon too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Waitlist, please.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 10, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What kind of man would I be if I didn't return to defend my title?
The Subban/Karlsson gambit had no logical reason to pay off and here we are.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Please add me to the waitlist, sir. Fair warning, I've never done an official league before, so I'm a newbie.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I'll take a waitlist spot please

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

El Gallinero Gros, please spoiler me your email and I'll send an invite.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I should get back from a hunting trip on the first or second so the draft time should be fine for me. Is this a free league?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yessir

Invites have been sent to those I PM'ed. Just waiting on Gallinero Gros

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 24, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

El Gallinero Gros, please spoiler me your email and I'll send an invite.

multipleman83@gmail.com

Sorry for the wait

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sent. Just waiting on you last 3 to accept invites then we're good to go.

League is finalized - Draft is set for the time listed in the OP. See you there.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Watch your coveted defensemen, folks are known to do some crazy things in this league.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I proudly select Tanner Glass with my 1st round pick.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Vargatron posted:

I proudly select Tanner Glass with my 1st round pick.

uh excuse me, "NHL MVP Tanner Glass" would like a word with you.

edit: i will gladly change it to AHL if av ever cuts him.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 26, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Bathroom Staals are ready!

DonnyCamaro
Nov 23, 2003

Hey guys, Zucc Suit Riot here. I noticed there is one open spot left in the league and I've got a friend who's interested in joining. Let me know if that spot is still available and i'll put you in contact with him.

EDIT: Here is the email if the spot is still open. bkelly755@gmail.com

DonnyCamaro fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 28, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Draft is tomorrow (Friday Night) Buttlords - Be there or atleast set pre-draft rankings if you don't want an utterly shithouse team.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

I hate that new yahoo draft app so much.

So loving much.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

larkko posted:

I hate that new yahoo draft app so much.

So loving much.

Are you the lucky owner of Zac Rinaldo?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yeah it was a pretty poo poo draft utility this year. Organizing it to show the info you wanted was a pain in the rear end too.

Draft Results:

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 3, 2015

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh my god I think I did the mock draft instead of the actual draft because my picks are totally different from what I selected...

Oh well, I guess I'll run with this poo poo box team and have fun while doing it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I didn't think he'd be available so late in the draft but thank god I was able to pick up my boy Tanner Glass at the 11th hour.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm utterly confused as to why the app drafted Zidlicky for me when a) my queue did not have him in it and b) I was present and hitting "draft" on another player.

In sum, Yahoo sucks butt.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I haven't done too many hockey drafts, could I get an assessment from you guys on how I drafted? I feel good about some picks but feel like I reached on some, but I didn't have a great pick spot, either. I'm the Bathroom Staals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I haven't done too many hockey drafts, could I get an assessment from you guys on how I drafted? I feel good about some picks but feel like I reached on some, but I didn't have a great pick spot, either. I'm the Bathroom Staals.

Most of your picks look pretty reasonable. You don't really need three goalies in this league (min starts are 2) but I get why you did it -- Andersen/Mrazek are high risk/high reward kind of guys because of their competition.

• Locked thread