Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Constant Hamprince posted:

lol yeah corbyn and bernie sure gonna do something about those old white dudes

they are race traitors imo, both of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SirEvelynTremble posted:

So Camcunt is turning more and more into a totalitarian dictator backed by the US and the opposition party are treacherous commie bastards. Politics in the UK is fun again :cheers:

if thats the case shouldnt cameron order drone strikes on labour hq

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lorn Wayne posted:

click on the tweet and yeah, that's been pretty well covered so far

im clicking and nothing is happening!!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

happyhippy posted:

Calling it now, Cameron is caught asking MI5 to bug Labour.

i dont believe this hasnt already happened

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

leaving NATO and dumping Trident would be really goddamned dumb

everything else he stands for is probably good tho

liberals :allears:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

hell i dont think corbyn really even won the leadership election, that was impossible. we will all wake up from this terrible nightmare shortly and find that tony blair is still prime minister of the united kingdom

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Lol at these morons still hating on Blair as if it was still 2007.

Yeah Iraq was a total gently caress up, but let's remember New Labour:

- Introduced the minimum wage
- Introduced the Human Rights Act
- Introduced the Freedom of Information Act
- Reduced unemployment to record low figures
- Massively increased funding to public services which resulted in more doctors, nurses, and teachers etc per person
- Banned fox hunting
- Scrapped the majority of hereditary peers in the House of Lords
- Introduced devolution so that Wales and Scotland had more say over how they were run
- Massively reduced child poverty
- Signed the Good Friday peace agreement with the IRA leading to 18 years of relative peace (though it may be coming undone now no fault of those at the time)
- And let's not forget locked the Tories out of government for 13 years

But you know, ignore all those things and call him a Tory because of Iraq and tuition fees. What a right wing bastard he was!

hitler introduced a lot of great reforms for the german people but that doesnt make him any less of a monster and a war criminal. its not "he did all of this good stuff and yeah yeah iraq war pfft whatever" its "dude is a loving mass murderer who gives a gently caress that he banned fox hunting what the loving hell is wrong with you"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

by the standards of nuremberg tony blair would be hanging from the gallows

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

srsly tho if your idea of ensuring a future for the labour party is following Literally Britler as an example you should do some serious soul searching

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

lol you actually compared Tony Blair to Hitler.

Also, it's not a case of going "Awww poo poo man, let's just ignore the colossal gently caress up that was Iraq and say Tony Blair was great" it's about saying "Hey, why don't we do all these things again, but this time without slaughtering tons of people in a desert for oil money?".

No he wouldn't stop being dumb. Even if he knew there were no weapons of mass destruction and he lied to the British people (which would be awful) that's still not a war crime.

If you have actual proof that Tony Blair actually committed a real war crime then I suggest you forward it on to the ICC pronto. Otherwise stop throwing around dumb rhetoric which undermines the issue that the Iraq war was a colossal failure. Not because it was an illegal war (like Kosovo was, but no one ever moans about preventing genocide via an illegal war) but because there was no real plan, it took resources away from Afghanistan which still wasn't transitioned to a peaceful democracy and then we pulled out and wiped our cock on their curtains on our way out. Oh and the US outsourced a poo poo ton of their operations to PMCs which brought a ton of problems.

Even if the UN Security Council had backed the war making it legal, these things would have happened anyway, and they are the reasons Iraq is a total gently caress up, not because Blair lied to Parliament who then voted on it. Even if it turns out Blair did lie to Parliament there's not much you can do as he's protected by Parliamentary privilege which is necessary for a working democracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_aggression#The_Nuremberg_Principles

its called an aggressive war b!tch

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

"To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole." - Robert H. Jackson, chief prosecutor during the nuremberg trials

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Good luck proving Iraq was a war of aggression when they already had a UN Security Council resolution that said "all means necessary" could be used to ensure compliance with weapon inspections that wasn't happening.

you are a complete garbage piece of poo poo fucker if you dont understand that the iraq war was clearly a war of aggression. gently caress you loving scumbag, hundreds of thousands of people died and millions were displaced and now you will outright misrepresent the grave crime that was the invasion of iraq. i hope your parents and relatives are murdered by cluster bombs, i hope your nieces and nephews are orphaned, i hope someday you feel an ounce of the suffering that tony blair has inflicted on the middle east you idiot bitch. reconsider how smug you feel about it then

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Quote-Unquote posted:

see: the anonymous confessions thread where he responds to every single loving confession with a bunch of advice for the people in the obviously fake funny stories

you are right, i forgot that was him. he really is just an obtuse retard but there sure are a lot of them out there with lots of wordy bad opinions

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Don't start throwing around terms like "war of aggression" then going over the top when someone points out legally it may not be.

Either learn what it loving means or stop regurgitating poo poo you read on the internet. The Iraq war was loving awful for so many reasons, like I clearly stated a few posts ago, but it's not loving awful because it is or is not a war of aggression, it's awful because of what was done. Blair wouldn't swing in an international trial at all, which is why none of them have issued warrants for his arrest. Between the UN Security Council resolutions and the fact that the US didn't invade Iraq to claim it as territory (one of the key parts of claiming a war is a war of aggression) means it is legally not necessarily a war of aggression.

If you're too loving dumb to understand someone can have a nuanced opinion such as "The Iraq war may not have been illegal, but it was still loving poo poo" then I really don't know what to say.

there hasnt been an arrest warrant issued for blair because we live in an anglo dominated world political system where thats a non-starter. we literally tortured people to death and no one was held accountable, that isnt even controversial as a thing that actually happened. the un is hosted in new york city. of course there isnt gonna be a loving arrest warrant you cretin. ethics is greater than whatever fine point you can make about "well technically the ICC didnt label it a war crime, so it isnt, because law is ethics and ethics is morality and gently caress my mouth"

the iraq war was a war crime because it visited unjustified horrific death and destruction upon the iraqi people, if you are going to make a pedantic argument that because the un made a resolution regarding weapons of mass destruction (weapons of mass destruction which didnt exist) but then DIDNT support the invasion (when the only time, legally, when an invasion is 'justified' internationally is when its approved by the united nations security council) then you clearly dont give a poo poo about the ethics of aggressive war, but rather whatever rationalization you can come up with for why tony blair isnt a monstrous evil gently caress deserving of the kind of show trial we gave saddam

theres no way the UK or the US were endangered by saddams decaying regime. it wasnt a war of defense, it was a war of aggression. just because the united states didnt loving annex iraq doesnt mean it wasnt loving aggressive and unjustified as all get out

why am i even arguing with your gbs 1.0 sperg rear end pedantry i dont know, its a slow day. i sincerely hope that someday you are caught in a terrorist attack and mortally wounded or paralyzed because you will have deserved it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

jerusalem is a way better song anyway

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9TbiIEpZJ8

found ur new national anthem

and yes it has to be the elp adaptation

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

I should die in a terrorist attack.

:agreed:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Man I'm really sorry guys, I just can't match your high bar of pleasantness and reasonableness such as "gently caress you" and "i hope you die in a terrorist attack".

I'll try harder in the future though!

no the problem is that you are humorless and, again, i dont know if you have to google obtuse but you are really obtuse. i also forgot that in addition to serious replying to the fakeposts in the confessions thread that you also make long boring tangents in the star trek thread. i dont know what kind of brain problem you have but its not one of the fun ones

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Yeah I know what obtuse means.

It's means a guy who reads 5 of my posts saying "The Iraq war was awful but I don't think you can say Blair would be convicted by an international court" but insists on saying I supported the Iraq war and should die in a terrorist attack.

this started with you making an argument that boils down to "but what about all the good things hitler did" and then people subsequently calling you out on dismissing the whole monstrous warcrimes thing as not as important as your bulleted list of blairs accomplishments

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

my favorite kitchner argument in this thread so far is that no one is prosecuted for torturing people to death because leftists are too mean and vocal about the issue, implying that if they would tone the rhetoric down we would totally get around to prosecuting atrocities if we just made a reasoned debate about it

the xanax political school of thought

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

So what's your reason why the general public doesn't support investigating and arresting torture? You think British people condone beating a man's fingers with a claw hammer until he spills the beans?

because the british public has little to no input on this kind of thing because you dont actually live in a democracy and most people check out of politics because its so loving stupid

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

You're basically saying that not only is the UK not a democracy, but that the British public don't give a poo poo about this and are happy living under whatever non-democratic government you think runs the UK because "it's stupid".

That's a pretty lame argument tbh.

lmao neoliberals

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

imagine liking tony blair lmao

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

is it cultural appropriation if i, as an american, call kitchner a twat

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

isnt european google based in ireland so they can attempt to swindle the rest of the eu

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im gay

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

have there been any terrorist attacks in the uk in the last couple days im still praying for kitchner death

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i follow kitchner and the science of autism-centrism

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

when a british politician appears on fox news does that imply they support fascist warmongering?? makes u think

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fojar38 posted:

because rt and press tv are literal state run propaganda outlets and if there was any earnest criticism of russia or iran in either it would be censored

so like the bbc

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

fox news doesnt operate on anything near good faith. you arent gonna see legit criticism of qatar on al jazeera. "good faith" doesnt exist on news channels, everyone has an agenda to push or some axe to grind

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fojar38 posted:

if the bbc publishes "corbyn literally sucked ghaddafi's dick back in 83" there are other media outlets that can point out that that's a bunch of bullshit

the range of acceptable opinions on western television is not as wide as you are implying. google overton window b!tch

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fojar38 posted:

I don't like Fox News either and think that any politician that appears on it is harboring some worrying sentiments

this inadvertent white knighting of press tv and russia today is, uh, kinda what that article was talking about by the way

i didn't think that the notion of "freedom of the press" was so controversial

i dont think that appearing on press tv or russia today is endorsement or white-knighting or whatever either

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

The utilities don't need to be renationalised, they need more competition.

why have competition in a natural monopoly. its not like you can have parallel power grids. its as stupid as having private roads

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fojar38 posted:

what is the difference between this argument and claiming persecution because you can't publish the word "negro" anymore

leftism and progressive ideas are objectively correct and racism is wrong

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fojar38 posted:

"leftism and progressive ideas" contain far more diverse sentiments than "nationalize everything and putin did nothing wrong"

putin does many things wrong and the word negro is something most black ppl dont want to be called so its not used since it would be racist to use the word

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kitchner posted:

Uhh so what?

I said that people may have been Labour party members for most of their lives with Labour never having policies like renationalise everything, so if those become policy they may feel the party doesn't represent them. What has public opinion got to do with that?

Jose posted:

he's in fact a massive retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

why would the cia assassinate corbyn when theres an illuminati reptilian shapeshifter currently training to consume and replace him anyway

• Locked thread