Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Divot posted:

im gay an alcoholic

That's nice Divot, now pour us a drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

symbolic posted:

lmao it's true though. i hate beer, wings, and ribs.

those are all the best things :smith:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nooner posted:

those are all the best things :smith:

Nooner, what is best in life?

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
A couple cold brewskis between bros after a hot day in the sun is the most fun you can have without loving each other

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
At one point I could seemingly drink indefinitely for up to 24 hours straight, with 1-2 drinks per hour.

Then I turned 24.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Fasdar posted:

Then I turned 24.

I'm staring at a living history lesson here. Hey look at this 24 year old talking about the sauce!

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

down n out posted:

A couple cold brewskis between bros after a hot day in the sun is the most fun you can have without loving each other

why not both?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

down n out posted:

I'm staring at a living history lesson here. Hey look at this 24 year old talking about the sauce!

by 24 i learned everything i need to know about life!!!!

*listens to macklemoore unironically*

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

For me it depends on what I'm doing while drinking. I usually only drink beer, but my tolerance before getting really drunk is way higher when there's an interesting conversation going on. If it's just me and a colleague whining about work I get drunk fast. (2-3 beers maybe)

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

down n out posted:

I am much older now, and can no longer run with the wolves, as it were.

If you like I could tell you about how I got kidney stones in the years to follow!

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Fasdar posted:

At one point I could seemingly drink indefinitely for up to 24 hours straight, with 1-2 drinks per hour.

Then I turned 24.

wait till you hit 30!

:negative:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

just switch to weed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah pretty much. i gave myself bad habits with drinking (just marinate with a handle of gin over a couple days... alone). now i cant keep it around because if i have 6 beers i will attempt to drink 6 beers even if it's a tuesday or something. it affects your sleep which makes you cranky even if you're not that hung over.

but if i smoke too much weed, i'm just lazy and slow the next day, so pretty standard really

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Alcohol makes me feel more 'normal' at least in a social context since weed makes me too introspective and sensitive in general to hang with the sharp criticisms of my drinking buddies.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

VendaGoat posted:

Nooner, what is best in life?

good times with friends and loved ones (:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i had 3 martinis one night (each with about 5 shots' worth of booze in) and was pretty tipsy after that, funny thing was it was only about 8pm and my housemates were all sober

but thats nothing compared to the time a few years ago when i was at an all inclusive hotel and i effectively had a 24 hour cocktail drinking session (pina coladas out in the pool, whiskey and cokes in the evening, and endless loving shots when it got late) and i genuinely lost all control over my actions and went pretty weird, im fairly sure at some point i tearfully blamed global capitalism for why a girl rejected me and started freaking out and ranting incoherently in my sleep, and felt like i was actually in hell the next day

i should get drunk again actually, i haven't been in that much of a fascinatingly altered state of mind since

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
weed makes me mad and booze makes me sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder if you can drink more if you breathe pure oxygen.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I wonder if you can drink more if you breathe pure oxygen.

yet you can't order booze at an oxygen "bar"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

weed makes me mad and booze makes me sad

How does this work?

Zealee
Sep 17, 2015
Well, OP, you say "What's the most you can drink in liquor and booze". The answer to the question is quite complicated. If I am already "IN" liquor and booze, it is a great assumption that I have already been consuming copious amounts of liquor and booze. Therefore, I have no idea... How do I know? I've been in liquor and booze, though, so I guess a lot. :barf:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

down n out posted:

Beer is like 95% water dude, I think you're lying

maybe the pisswater you're knocking back

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I drank some beers and some whiskeys at the bar last night it was fun, we went for :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren:'s birthday she got pretty drank and sang karaoke and had a good time.

I had this one crazy rear end beer called "Calm Before the Storm" which is from a brewery I really like (Ballast Point in San Diego) and it was nuuuuuts like WHOA it tastes just like youre drinking coffee!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
like seriously though it was extremely good beer and I super recommend it if you can find it cause I guess its only a limited run

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

VendaGoat posted:

How does this work?

I just don't know. Sure as poo poo doesn't calm me or make me tired or whatever. Makes me belligerent so I only really smoke by myself. Works out cause I have no friends anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
drink beers, smoke weed imo

• Locked thread