Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

i hear the nintendo wii is a great way to lose weight because you have to actually move the controller instead of just pushing buttons. check out the game "wii bowling" sometime op and watch the pounds fly off!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

toggle posted:

just do some fukn shake weights

Great training for handjobs also. It's practically your civic duty.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Matey posted:

i hear the nintendo wii is a great way to lose weight because you have to actually move the controller instead of just pushing buttons. check out the game "wii bowling" sometime op and watch the pounds fly off!!

Quality av/post combo.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
When I need to lose weight I eat less calories and that seems to work.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Matey posted:

I remember years ago this extremely fat guy I knew lost 100 lbs playing Dance Dance Revolution. He still sucked at it though.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
have you ever thought about getting a sharp knife and killing all the whores, op?

john wayne gacy aside i hear serial killing burns a lot of calories

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
sorry to hear about your DUI OP

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

you need epo and blood doping op. possibly some test also.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I bike commute about 14 miles a day (7 up, 7 back) & the weight loss i experienced was marginal at best. Biking is good for cardio if your joints are hosed but won't burn as many calories as running.

The only thing that worked for me to lose weight was monitoring caloric intake & making sure I burned off more than I took in. I should note I also mix in weight lifting in addition to my biking, as well as the occasional hike on some weekends.

TL:DR: Stop eating so much 🍟🍕🍔🍰.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
are uy still fat as ffuck you human being op ?

huH>?>>>???

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Top City Homo posted:

are uy still fat as ffuck you human being op ?

huH>?>>>???

last i checked YES

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ethanol posted:

last i checked YES

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
have u tried GORP GORP GORP!?!?!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lol if you don't take steroids

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Punch Card posted:

have u tried GORP GORP GORP!?!?!

sorry im not in on this new and fascinating meme

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
good old raisins peanuts you fool it's protein make musclessssa

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ethanol posted:

i go faster than everybody else passing everybody doing 20 miles 4 miles up hill and i am still skinny fat plz help

a) maybe ur diet is poo poo mate. Its way easier to take in calories than it is to burn em

b) biking is at best gonna make you skinny, if you want to be buff you probably want to do something more than just riding a bike

c)

d)

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
Stop drinking beer. I was anorexic level skinny my entire life until I started drinking a poo poo load of beer everyday and now I'm a gross skinny fat

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you need to do intervals and 20 miles lmao ur making me chuckle but i guess you gotta start somewhere. people saying cycling wont make you skinny and buff arent pedaling hard enough. to be sure you arnt gonna get huge biceps and upper body that easily but frankly if you sprint harsh enough you are still get some upper body work done but its def. an afterthought!!! so maybe hit the gym too OP.

do you own a HR monitor? you should get one if you are considering using cycling for fitness or dont but HR is a good way to gauge your efforts

then do a series of intervals. cycling isnt supposed to be fun. warm up then ride at slightly above your functional power for 10 minutes or until you blow up. then rest 5 minutes. then do that 3-5 more times. best if you can find a long steady hill to ride up.

when you feel like you arnt having any fun at all soft pedal for 15 minutes then you start to do a series of up to 10 repetitions of 10-20 second MAX POWER efforts. take 2 minutes rest between efforts. you should feel like you are going to puke at this point.

i know these are a lot of words but if you want to get fast on a bike and not be fat you must do intervals. there are like a million variations of intervals just do what you think will help

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 20, 2015

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

you need to do intervals and 20 miles lmao ur making me chuckle but i guess you gotta start somewhere. people saying cycling wont make you skinny and buff arent pedaling hard enough. to be sure you arnt gonna get huge biceps and upper body that easily but frankly if you sprint harsh enough you are still get some upper body work done but its def. an afterthought!!! so maybe hit the gym too OP.

do you own a HR monitor? you should get one if you are considering using cycling for fitness or dont but HR is a good way to gauge your efforts

then do a series of intervals. cycling isnt supposed to be fun. warm up then ride at slightly above your functional power for 10 minutes or until you blow up. then rest 5 minutes. then do that 3-5 more times. best if you can find a long steady hill to ride up.

when you feel like you arnt having any fun at all soft pedal for 15 minutes then you start to do a series of up to 10 repetitions of 10-20 second MAX POWER efforts. take 2 minutes rest between efforts. you should feel like you are going to puke at this point.

i know these are a lot of words but if you want to get fast on a bike and not be fat you must do intervals. there are like a million variations of intervals just do what you think will help

This guy knows whats up. You don't coast and you don't go slow. Gotta go fast the whole time until you can't go any more.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im going to go find a long lovely staircase and run up it whilst carrying my bicycle on my shoulder because the sport that i do is Aggressively Stupid

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 20, 2015

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
i didn't know cruising in your rascal is considered biking

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

you must look god drat retarded on your bike when you do 10-20 seconds of MAX POWER lmfao

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

nerd

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

you must look god drat retarded on your bike when you do 10-20 seconds of MAX POWER lmfao
all u do is put your bike in the heaviest gear and push as hard as you can. dont even necessarily even need to get out of the saddle. big power delivery is where strong core is helpful because your dont need to actually move around a ton on the bike to put down big numbers.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im going to stop posting because the OP is fat and will always be fat

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lmao says the guy who bikes around looking like he's about to puke all the time

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ethanol posted:

I dont know how to lift weights

ethanol posted:

I've drank three beers today so far :smith:

mystery solved

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

ethanol posted:

Good job on asking for advice, ignoring all the good advice given, and acting like a smug idiot.

Please turn this into a goon digging a hole thread. Those are always fun.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Internetjack posted:

Good job on asking for advice, ignoring all the good advice given, and acting like a smug idiot.

Please turn this into a goon digging a hole thread. Those are always fun.

yeah becasue when i post in gbs asking how to not be fat while simultaneously mentioning i drank three beers and don't lift weights im looking for serious advice :smug:

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
You could always just keep getting fatter as your metabolism slows down to an elderly creep and play off your disgusting body as a kind of joke and be a cool funny fat guy like chris farely and die horribly in a pile of cocaine vomit and depression

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
OP probably has PCOS.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

DeadBlack posted:

You could always just keep getting fatter as your metabolism slows down to an elderly creep and play off your disgusting body as a kind of joke and be a cool funny fat guy like chris farely and die horribly in a pile of cocaine vomit and depression

finally some good advice

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

yeah becasue when i post in gbs asking how to not be fat while simultaneously mentioning i drank three beers and don't lift weights im looking for serious advice :smug:
i drank 10 beers and a mickey of whiskey last night dont be such a loving pussy

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i drank 10 beers and a mickey of whiskey last night dont be such a loving pussy

i think we know now why you can only keep up max power for 30 seconds before u puke

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cocaine is expensive tho

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Zzulu posted:

cocaine is expensive tho

If OP can afford to stuff his retarded face with enough food to distend his gut and he has the bank to post on luxury forums like these, I think a cocaine habit is within his budget

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Just be fat it owns

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dad Fat, Best Fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

DeadBlack posted: