Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

He's flaaaming! I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

Dang Fitz is lookin good

Mmmmmmhhhmmmmmmmmm

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

mikeraskol posted:

May is off with the ex-husband

Yep, weren't they on an extended vacation after the events of the finale?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

OH poo poo

Is she on some Kree planet?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Gavok posted:

Last season invented an Inhuman version of Magneto.

This season they bring in Lash, who is sort of the Inhuman version of Apocalypse.

We also had bargain basement wolverine

Aphrodite posted:

The monolith thing was in SHIELD possession, not the Inhumans so it could be unrelated.

But wasn't it intended as a Kree failsafe against the Inhuman experiment? Hence, "death?"

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Exposition on the TV on the creation of the ATCU (the agency that the scary lady is in charge of)

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Canned Panda posted:

They just need to bring in Herc.

Casting spoilers: if Alexander/Phobos's origin stays the same, it'd be awesome to have other pantheons start to show up in the MCU.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hydra's fun, Hydra's sexy!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Ughh Peter MacNicol's inhumans tease is really bugging me. Gimme some exposition vomit already! Really fun episode overall, and liking the team's dynamics when everyone is more or less splintered and in a different role than usual.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, what happened to her forehead cut? It's missing.

Guhh can someone do comparison screencaps? This is gonna bug me now, especially since they made it a point to focus on her covering up the cut with dirt.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The dirt healed it. Obviously.

I needs some of dat sweet space dirt

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

So either the Kree send people/inhumans through it to die, or the Kree want what's on the other side of the portal Dead.

This seems more likely. Maybe Jemma was running from the equivalent of an inhuman nuke running loose on that planet.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

A pilot was ordered in late August but no news since then, though I imagine they'd slot it for the summer break so we'd have year-round new episodes of Marvel on ABC.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hunter's little goatee-fondle was the cutest thing.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I gotta say I like the cast pairings this seasons, Mack/Daisy, Bobbi/Fitz, May/Hunter, since they didn't really interact that much together last season. Still having a hard time caring about Lincoln, though I can see them (Secret Warriors speculation) transferring JT's storyline to his character, the events of this episode would be good backstory for a heel-turn.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Barry Convex posted:

And the official synopsis, released weeks ago.

Fairly major spoiler about tonight's episode, which I won't quote and will only address in very vague terms below:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/mega-buzz-agents-of-shield-simmons/

Does the character described here sound like any 616 character to you? Not ringing any bells, though it could just be original.

Comedy option: Wraith

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 27, 2015

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

WAIT WHAT?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

oh poo poo Astronaut Mike Dexter is Sean from Nikita, I knew he looked familiar

I saw "Dillon Casey" when the actor credits rolled in the beginning and I was like, yesss give me more eye candy

I should finish Nikita one of these days...

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Plus I doubt one bullet would do a whole lot against an entity capable of summoning living dust storms.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Just give every DS9 and BSG actor a guest spot on SHIELD already

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

I dunno, to me Squirrel Girl is more of a Kate Micucci.

oh my god she would be perfect for it

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Brett Dalton is a pretty mans

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Okay I gave Lincoln a fair chance now he should just die thanks

What a gigantic idiot. I'll just do the exact same thing that didn't work last time, but I'm fuelled by righteous fury so it'll be different!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Spergatory posted:

gently caress you guys, Lincoln is finally becoming an actual character. Acting on his own, actually pursuing individual goals instead of just reacting to everything like a wet blanket. gently caress yeah, dude! Electro-Hadouken the douche who murdered your friends! I'm sure he'll be taken to task for it since he's actually sticking around this time, but I much prefer Lincoln the dangerous, potentially unstable Inhuman-avenger to Lincoln the doe-eyed plot device and obvious love interest.

They're both still boring. I'm not sure if it's the actor or the material he's given or what but he just sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Stunt Rock posted:

So Rosalind Price as MCU Madam Hydra then?

Yesssss

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Yep, for such a large ensemble cast they've done a bang-up job giving everyone distinct storylines and character progression, a lot of times in unexpected ways.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

ahhhhhhh

I've been on my season 2 rewatch and I'm dreading getting to Mack's heel turn and Fitz's pained expression seeing his new best buddy turn traitor :(

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Ward what the fuuuck

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

X-O posted:

If she's not playing him that is.

God i love all this spy stuff, really scratching that Alias and Nikita itch

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Rarity posted:

That was massively powerful, as was the kiss that came out of nowhere. As amazing as this episode was in the action and spy stakes, that was far and away the strongest moment.

But for reals guys how amazing is Brett Dalton? It's incredible to look back on how bland we all thought he was in S1 and compare that with this episode and he keeps on getting better. The amount of charisma he showed here was off the charts and that first fight scene was top notch. At this point I'm expecting Ward to be the one that puts an end to Hydra's centuries old master plan cause nothing's more important than Ward, dammit.

Another week, another round of: Hunter :allears:

Yeah, after everything he's been through with Garrett there's no way he's playing second fiddle anymore in an organization.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

ashpanash posted:

Let's face it, Agents of Shield just plain isn't excellent TV. It's fun TV. It's a lot of fun. That's more than enough. But this poo poo ain't Fargo.

So yeah, a lot of season 1 wasn't nearly as fun as it is now. But it wasn't terrible TV, of which there is an awful lot of.

No it's not Fargo, but at this point it understands what it wants to be, a spy action thriller with superhero elements and an incredibly paced plot, and delivers exactly on it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Her instagram thingy seems accurate also https://www.instagram.com/p/-Vi0lcIM8X/, Juan Pablo Raba is the inhuman melty guy, though it's entirely possible she might be cast as something else, like how the von strucker kid was initially reported as playing Phobos.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Aw, I miss Talbot.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Season 2 had some fun villains eh? Not that I'm not loving Pierce, but he's no Cal.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I think the more important thing is regarding Ward's time on the show, I feel like this means he won't make it out of this season alive at all.

Yeah, this kind of makes me sad, how will they keep Brett Dalton around after they take down his final form :(

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Barry Convex posted:

I'm starting to think that they originally had much more ambitious plans for the Secret Warriors, but that the budget for S3 was cut significantly shortly before or shortly after production started. It would explain a lot.

I mean, when your one big fight scene takes place entirely off-camera, and when your superpowered characters use their powers for about ten seconds, and when Jeff Bell is implying in interviews that they'll continue teasing SW over the course of the back 12,, you've got problems.

Not really? I mean the only issue is that the Secret Warriors subplot was backburnered for the moment to make room for the build-up for Ward/Hydra/Inhuman/Cthulhu plots that merged into a glorious climax, and to have the new, not yet fully formed team take the spotlight for the episode wouldn't have been fair as an emotional catharsis for the first half of the season. There's plenty of time to use the SW team.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Daniel Whitehall is so different from comics Whitehall that he might as well not be the Kraken, he never even wore the eponymous suit.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

OB_Juan posted:

It turns out, Simmons IS Squirrel Girl in the MCU. She just hasn't terrigenisized yet.

Fitz... is Chipmunk Hunk.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Radio! posted:

Who is Koi Boy in this scenario? I would say Hunter, but we've already established he's Kinda Hawkeye.

Well Donnie boy is currently swimming with the fishes...

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Counterpoint: Hunter is basically sad sack Hawkeye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Squirrel Girl is pretty much my favorite thing Marvel is putting out right now (and they're pretty much knocking it out of the park lately) so a comedy series would just about make me absolutely giddy

• Locked thread