Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm a little disappointed they decided to do the SOMEONE WILL DIE without a 100% clear and thought out direction as to who it is and why. Like they'll just figure it out as they go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nelson posted:

I think of it as a little something the producers came up with to help in contract negotiations.

Hahaha that's pretty genius actually

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*camera pulls back, revealing the top of a grave stone, continues to pull back revealing the carved words:*

*SEASON 3*

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

flosofl posted:

Or maybe Felicity Queen. Who died at the alter. Right after the vows. Because they just can't not touch the emo grimdark.

Hahaha oh my gooddddd she just dies in Ollie's arms her last words "I...do....."

Fuckin Quarles though... drat I love that actor. Excited to see what his big plan is for Starling.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Caper posted:

Exactly what I was thinking. She looked like Jack Skellington. It was gross.

Liked the ep, and it was good to hear Felicity mention that John still needs a code name. I'm already bored with Thea's arc, though, and I've given up hope that they're ever going to explain just how Katana brought Ollie back.

She threatened the makeup dept. and forced them to stop applying that wound. From there it was as simple as herbal tea.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

greatn posted:

Want this basically what everyone was expecting? I was at least.

I think its mostly that the article is calling him an "old friend" which may explain how Ollie came back from the dead after R'as killed him, but probably not.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ville Valo posted:

What? Katana brought him back from not-quite-dead-just-really-stabbed. How did people miss this?

Because it was handwaved over between episodes and nobody's actually sure exactly what happened there, seeing as the production team just decided to make a gaping chest wound disappear. I wouldnt be surprised if they retconned it to be less stupid.

The chest wound and Ollie waking up an episode later from herbal tea is pretty much when I decided maybe this wasn't the great comic book show i thought it was. The So-You-Think-You-Can-Dance fight choreography afterwards cemented it when contrasted with the amazing poo poo Daredevil was pulling off. So far the stunt work has gotten a lot better this season but you still have a bunch of military mooks pirouetting around Thea to kill time as she makes her way to the next mark so the bad guy can do a sweet backflip:sigh:

zoux posted:

Pay attention better.
If the FX team paid attention better they may have applied the chest wound to the same place Ollie was stabbed a single episode prior. Or if the writing team paid better attention maybe they could have come up with a better explanation than magic tea, when a few episodes later that same magic tea simply just could not save Thea, who had a much less critical wound than a sword through the heart. Maybe stop holding grudges when you get called out for having bad TV opinions in other threads lmao? The back half of the season was stupid all round, there is no reason to defend it.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 16, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ville Valo posted:

Not liking how something was explained doesn't mean there's any likeliness to going back to a plot point from a season ago. There's absolutely zero evidence that anything happened besides exactly what we were shown - Katana used herbal medicine to heal Ollie.

It was speculation. I do not work on the show and have no idea what the plot will be moving forward. Welcome to the discussion of a TV show. Did you miss the end of the sentence where I said "but probably not."? How did you miss this? I do not think anybody involved with the show has any interest in revisiting anything from season 3.

EDIT: I need a snickers I get spicy when I think about season 3.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 16, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

howe_sam posted:

Oooooh, it's Ray hacking Felicity's phone.

I love that ray is in there kicking around bits on an atomic level. probably swimming in liquid crystal

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chokes McGee posted:

My favorite part of this episode is her "aaaaaaaaaa how does this even work he;lp" look going full auto on an assault rifle.

Oh forgot this in my last post, Daark owns owns owns. His little "Huh! Neat. :haw:" after Double Down killed one of his guys was hilarious.

She stands up and looks in the exact opposite direction she had to fire, it was hilarious

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

I can't wait for Tiny Ray!

FELICYwicydoopdoop! Tiny Ray muthafucka!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ApeHawk posted:

Nah, it's definitely Thea in that grave. Sarah needs to kill the one who killed her to keep her sanity and her bloodlust in check. Since Thea is kinda hosed in that department (seeing as Ra's was killed by Ollie) and she refuses to keep killing people to not go crazy every few weeks, she'll probably offer for Sarah to kill her or something.

I mean, either that or it's all of Flash's villains from this season all in the same grave and Ollie is just going "christ, he just can't stop killing them, huh?"

Well if we're getting Tiny Ray we might as well get Krombopolous Flash

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bad Moon posted:

Cisco would totally make a Rick and Morty joke.

Oh hey look it's a Cronenberg Flash. I-I'm Regular Flash an-an-and this is - like a crazy monster version of me. I mean look at it's arm all the way up there, it's barely functional.

"Uhh wrong again, Barry, that was a regular Flash. I didn't shoot the shark monster with my lightning gun in this reality."

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 29, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Why is that weird? I've never lived alone either.

That's what we're trying to say. You're weird and we notice.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flash wearing catchers mitts

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kibayasu posted:

I can't help but wonder what that thing below Amell is supposed to be.

Burning_Monk posted:

Looks like his compound bow.

Yeah but who's holding it?

TINY RAY MUTHAFUUUUCK

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did Felicity just stick a USB cable into that beta tape or what? Also I can understand there being Flash toys in this world, but Captain Cold? I wonder how royalty cheques work in the DC universe.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McSpanky posted:

I don't think a sonic cry power has ever not looked stupid in live action, but at least they could add some VFX so it doesn't just look like she's trying to hit the peak of "Dream On".

yeah even just a little warp distortion effect like an exaggerated heat distortion would add a lot to it, but then you ramp up shot complexity. Like it looks great when she's singled out in a scene but using it in a crowd now means you have to roto some guys so the wave goes "in between" the crowd and not over top of everything and you just increased VFX time quite a bit for...not much flair. I don't think there's much you can do for that effect practically.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xtanstic posted:

Hell I'd settle from some AoS shampoo commercial slow-mo

:eyepop: welp that scene is ruined now haha

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rurea posted:

Can we stop with this ?

I certainly hope not

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ohhhh poo poo confirmed Rosenbaum will appear as a speedster season 3!!

VV Watched and enjoyed it. Weird with hair though.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 18, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
>:[ The Huuuuuuuugest letdown so far about LoT for me is this scene, you get it for like 1/2 a second in the trailer:

Fuckin COLD looking at a GREEN STONE?? HOLY poo poo! WHAT COULD THIS MEEEEAN

Oh its a friggin Emrald:doh:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

incredible bear posted:

A sci-fi film called 400 Days is out shortly. And uhhhh, judging by the cast I'm gonna guess that it was shot in Vancouver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL0388Pp2DA

Haven't seen it mentioned in either of the DCTV threads. Warning: Also contains Dane Cook.

Did I see Tom Kavanaugh in there?? Lately Syfy has absolutely earned the benefit of the doubt, I'll see this for sure. With the cast it's like they were shooting LoT, ran into Dane Cook at the lunch truck, and shot this the next week.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiggum posted:

Black Mirror is terrible. It tries so hard to be serious and meaningful but the premise always has some massive flaw that makes the whole thing fall apart.

like how super heroes arent real or magic healing jaccuzzis dont really exist?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

enraged_camel posted:

On the contrary, I don't like Batman. At all. He's pretty boring. Which is why I find it disappointing that Arrow is so similar.

Thats the entire point though. It's basically Batman but you can change things like have his dad commit suicide on a raft and Deathstroke kills his mom in front of his sister, or have the main hero kill the gently caress out of people. You don't get to change the Batman origin like that, it's more or less set in stone. Same with Superman. Everyone knows it and it is boring, so Arrow is a similar character with license to explore new territory.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah please lets all be cool mature adults in the comic book tee vee show thread not like that other uncool guy who is not at all like me

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Psychepath posted:

Diggle, your mask is covered in fingerprints.

And real, real bad.

lmao like why wouldnt it extend to his chin?? It's circular, not human head shaped. why wouldnt the chin strap be a part of the actual face? I hate diggle's mask so much.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Axel Serenity posted:

Felicity's superhero patch revealed :v:

Really good episode. I'll never not love Death Felicity. It felt a little odd with it not being a Dahrk episode, but it turned out to be less of a filler ep than I expected.

Real mad it's gone until the 2nd. I need my Liv Moore, dammit. :catstare:

wait isnt that like the same logo for the new Blizzard game, also called Overwatch?

Yep, that is the logo for the new blizzard game and I am dumb.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yessssssssss

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What the gently caress is with this foot chase? This is like something out of a parody movie. Why did he even jump this generator thing? At least put a waist high fence there so he has to jump.

And then he jumps over the pallets, could have avoided those but maybe he landed on them from above so whatever, but then turns to run directly towards this knee height thing for no reason. He actually changes direction to run at it. Also his chaser isn't even on the same path as him, making all the evasion poo poo even more worthless.

Bottom right, kinda hard to see in a still. :wtc: Who the gently caress would behave this way?

Oh.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rocksicles posted:

It did seem like two humans running a fly ball course.

I forgive everything based on that scene where Diggle threw a guy head first into a wall, but they were on scaffolding so he then fell 20+ feet to the floor.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I thought Nyssa was going to kill Katana for sure, after what happened to Deadshot and Amanda Waller, with the Suicide Squad movie coming.

Yeah her surviving surprised the hell out of me, I already started laughing as soon as Nyssa drew her sword.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bad Moon posted:

Or dope pottery chopping skills

Gotta get in on that Psylocke action :eyepop:

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 8, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TyrantWD posted:

Someone on of the 4chan threads posted some clips of the Season 1 fights, and it's amazing just how poor the action scenes have become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK8vO9yYfjE

Why can't we go back to that Arrow? This Felicity & friends show we have now with fight scenes that consist of people pairing up and twirling around without making contact is really dull. Oliver is never going to get to go on adventures to other Earths, or save the timeline from being wiped from existence, so let's get back to the sociopathic vigilante who was dropping bodies all over town - at least that was fun. With Flash and LoT being light-hearted and goofy, it's fine for Arrow to be dark and brutal.

Haha did anybody catch this familiar location 30 seconds in? It's some bankers office or something here:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whoever is in charge of equipment rentals for Arrow needs to throw their loving camera crane in the ocean. Or at least ban production from renting one anymore. Those wide angle top-down shots where everybody is just twirling ineffectually in a circle is what's killing all the fight scenes. Those shots have absolutely zero weight, reveals everybody is actually moving at a snail's pace, and gives away exactly how far away everybody's pulled punches are.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

Arrow producer Marc Guggenheim recently took to his tumblr to answer fan questions. When asked about a possible return for Slade Wilson, he said that the character of Deathstroke was now off limits, due to involvement with another live-action DC project. Whether that’s a film or a TV show, Guggenheim didn’t mention.

Still more of this poo poo going on, no surprise.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soothing Vapors posted:

true but her regaining her ability to walk and then instantly peacing out was the only funny thing she did all ep

Yeah that was amazing.

Also :3: as all hell that Ollie got to totally clown Dhark in front of his son. As soon as that started happening all I could think was "Well, that Flash figure is getting lost at the bottom of the toy bin." then they went and did it.

The :aaaaa: that kid is going to have when he sees that video and connects the dots.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 25, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bbf2 posted:

I thought the last scene was Felicity coming to him to apologize and say that she understood. When she put the ring on the table I audibly said "Oh, gently caress YOU"

I don't understand this decision. Are we supposed to sympathize with her? If so, why did we have the scene earlier where Samantha was talking to her and very explicitly laid out that she was the one who forced him to do it and it seemed like Felicity was starting to understand? Why did we have literally every other character (Dig, Thea, even the crappy new animal girl) tell Oliver that they sympathized and understood? How could they possibly write that last scene without realizing that its going to make people hate Felicity and not be on her side at all?

I mean I guess its not surprising considering the earlier episode in the alternate timeline where she broke it off because he didn't tell her about his son within an hour of him first finding out about it.

I was actually expecting Felicity and Baby Mama to have bonded and start actually liking each other by the end of the episode.

"He kidnapped my son!"
"He put me in this wheelchair."

Sundays at 8, on FOX

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Proposition Joe posted:

I don't know what your talking about, I love how every fight scene begins with a non-descript van entering from the background to help Oliver and then segways into three people jumping out of the back to fight the three extra Call of Duty avatars, with all eight people standing exactly still and landing no punches.

awwwww yeah, please shoot all the action from 30+ feet away birds eye view so it's blindingly obvious everybody is hitting an exact specific mark before doing their prat flip. Your trailer already has your name on it, they're behind the studio.

Krad posted:

I'll give them props for the last chase scene where Thea was riding on top of a car and got smashed into a wall cartoon-style, that was hilarious.
drat I actually forgot about that. That was so out of left field it got a genuine burst out laugh from me.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Remf posted:

This show is pretty great sometimes.

Can someone post Lance bunny-hopping over Curtis?? It was a bee-view shot, made me laugh.

• Locked thread