Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Helical Nightmares posted:

:stonk: Is...is it good?

Link please I have to see this Frankenstein

Yes, tacos are similar to pizza in that the shear possibilities and flavors can work for some pretty crazy stuff.

http://www.mogobbq.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mange Mite posted:

free roboshit

too expensive at half that price

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

etalian posted:

Yes, tacos are similar to pizza in that the shear possibilities and flavors can work for some pretty crazy stuff.

http://www.mogobbq.com/

I have to track this down thanks!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sry i didnt respond to this thread earlier. i was at the beach watching the sunset and then grilled some meat on the bbq at my apartment that is 0.5 blocks from the coast

also i passed out on the beach for like 2 hours last night. it was nice with the moon to give some backlighting.

crashing waves take me to sleep so quickly. its a great place to live

coastal so cal for life........bitch

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

It's raining in Seattle right now, and we're godless heathens like Cali.

Take that Texas.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

california thinks they're good when they're bad. this is why everyone hates them. they think everyone is just jealous. this is another reason everyone hates california. they're the Cartman of states.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

hemophilia posted:

california thinks they're good when they're bad.

Ladies and gents, step right up and see the poster with the best argumentative skills in the universe. Only a nickel!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hemophilia posted:

california thinks they're good when they're bad. this is why everyone hates them. they think everyone is just jealous. this is another reason everyone hates california. they're the Cartman of states.
idk man, california had bay area thrash and west coast punk

good music makes a good state

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I really hate CA. I hate how I haven't needed to use a sweater since mid january .I hate that when it rains you have to think for a while to remember when it happened the last time. I hate that within 2 square blocks of my apartment there are over 20 restaurants from every inhabited continent on the planet. I hate how skinny and gorgeous all the woman are and that exercise and good health is pretty much SOP. I hate the fact that I can get tomatoes for 3lbs for 1$ and avocados cost 25-35 cents each and the supermarket will grill all your meat for you for free on the weekend. I hate that I can go to a chinese market and get poo poo from china and a korean market and get poo poo from korea and a japanese market and get poo poo from japan. I hate all the awesome breweries that are internationally recognized and the fantastic beer they provide. I hate the beaches and the mountains and the rivers and the redwoods. There are so many things to hate about CA.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Most of the arguments by people disparaging California show a god-awful amount of cognitive dissonance.

"IT's all stupid liberals"
Uh, we elected Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger to the highest post in the entire state.

"LOL it's a drought."

Yes, it doesn't rain in a state that is 1/2 a desert. Sorry we somehow lack the ability to make it rain Also, there was a huge clusterfuck by people in charge in not preparing better collection facilities. But that's hardly something to judge 25 million people on. When called upon, this year, we 25 million cut our water usage down to the target goal advised PLUS an additional 20%

"A lot of Californians are stupid."

Yes, we have an enormous Hollywood infrastructure that attracts airheaded actors and such. If you enjoy TV or movies at all, you are benefiting from this exact infrastructure.

"it's retarded expensive"

Yes, a lot of people want to live here, which directly drives up cost of living and property value.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 26, 2015

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Texas has better BBQ, better mexican food and lower cost living.

You know what makes a place have a lower cost of living? People don't want to go there.

I'll give you the barbecue and the Mexican food, though.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

"Land of fruits and nuts" -- old man dad

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

No. 6 posted:

"Land of fruits and nuts" -- old man dad

This is accurate though.

Hobohemian posted:

I really hate CA. I hate how I haven't needed to use a sweater since mid january .I hate that when it rains you have to think for a while to remember when it happened the last time.

California drivers do lose their loving minds when it rains though. I think this is more in So Cal than Nor Cal but jesus christ get it together you dumb fucks.

I did not know about supermarkets grilling meat for you. :neckbeard:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

California drivers do lose their loving minds when it rains though. I think this is more in So Cal than Nor Cal but jesus christ get it together you dumb fucks.

I did not know about supermarkets grilling meat for you. :neckbeard:

They all drive the highway at 40 miles like a blizzard just occurred.

Maoist Pussy posted:

You know what makes a place have a lower cost of living? People don't want to go there.

Building adequate housing stock for increases in population?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Everything in California causes cancer.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

This is accurate though.

This is the only good argument as to why California is lovely. God help us when it rains for any length of time this El Nino season.

naem
May 29, 2011

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Hobohemian posted:

the supermarket will grill all your meat for you for free on the weekend.

haha how lame

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Are you okay there? Seems like your photo got all hosed up, bad.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

California drivers do lose their loving minds when it rains though

People don't lose their minds. They just drive as they always do but don't realize doing 80 on wet roads with lovely tires will cause you to hydroplane and boom its over.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxP442T-aZ0

*flushes toilet*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGTx9YUKCIY

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Nobody seemed to make fun of California when it flooded the year prior but OK whatever.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like cali style pizza

especially the bbq chicken & cilantro one

its good

come at me

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GoA_zY6tqQw

PS: gently caress the Cowboys :dukedog:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

In the runoff for the most blind pride in your lovely state are Texas and New Jersey.

Hear that Texas, you're as bad as New Jersey. Well maybe not as bad. But loving close.

You're not the biggest in size or population or anything people care about. I know that really gets to you,like in real life because you are stupid. And the one cool place (Austin) isn't real Texas (cause it's liberal and has good/fun things) by any shitheal standard.

And Texmex is really bad.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Everything good in Texas came from Mexico, just like your little rainstorm.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

In the runoff for the most blind pride in your lovely state are Texas and New Jersey.

Hear that Texas, you're as bad as New Jersey. Well maybe not as bad. But loving close.

You're not the biggest in size or population or anything people care about. I know that really gets to you,like in real life because you are stupid. And the one cool place (Austin) isn't real Texas (cause it's liberal and has good/fun things) by any shitheal standard.

New Jersey is such a good respected state it got a shout out in Winter Soldier

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

etalian posted:

New Jersey is such a good respected state it got a shout out in Winter Soldier

I retract my statements. Except about texas. gently caress texas.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Bip Roberts posted:

Are you okay there? Seems like your photo got all hosed up, bad.

Either naem has fallen over and is trapped under a log or he is location scouting for the Battlefield Earth sequel.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Bombadilillo posted:

The wrongest of opinions.

naem
May 29, 2011

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

90% of the reasons people seem to justify living places is the food. Like, I'm paying 2000 dollars a month for an apartment, but I can get a kick rear end burrito!

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

90% of the reasons people seem to justify living places is the food. Like, I'm paying 2000 dollars a month for an apartment, but I can get a kick rear end burrito!

and its not even ingredients just stupid easy to make bullshit

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

90% of the reasons people seem to justify living places is the food. Like, I'm paying minimum 3500 dollars a month for an studio apartment, but I can get a kick rear end burrito!
yo fixed the price+size for you, to reflect SF.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

StarkRavingMad posted:

yes, this picture of a sodden, boring, filthy mudhole sure makes me wish I was in Texas!

The complete lack of any notable geographical features is also tantalizing.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Drunk Nerds posted:

Most of the arguments by people disparaging California show a god-awful amount of cognitive dissonance.

"IT's all stupid liberals"
Uh, we elected Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwarzenegger to the highest post in the entire state.

"LOL it's a drought."

Yes, it doesn't rain in a state that is 1/2 a desert. Sorry we somehow lack the ability to make it rain Also, there was a huge clusterfuck by people in charge in not preparing better collection facilities. But that's hardly something to judge 25 million people on. When called upon, this year, we 25 million cut our water usage down to the target goal advised PLUS an additional 20%

"A lot of Californians are stupid."

Yes, we have an enormous Hollywood infrastructure that attracts airheaded actors and such. If you enjoy TV or movies at all, you are benefiting from this exact infrastructure.

"it's retarded expensive"

Yes, a lot of people want to live here, which directly drives up cost of living and property value.

I don't think the last 3 (of the 4 total) examples show cognitive dissonance???

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

but yeah, cali is probably slightly better cause of the pretty much legal weed.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol they have high property taxes and lovely schools, how the hell did they allow that to happen

their state government is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mdm posted:

lol they have high property taxes and lovely schools, how the hell did they allow that to happen

their state government is bad
texas's is cause they can blame it on "illegal mexicans sending all their anchor baby kids to school making it suck!!! look schools are failure!" then not-so-secretly cut funding to schools and divert it to their own pockets. cause who wants to pay to "educate all those anchorbabys!"? appeal to retardation is potent.

california's excuse for bad public schools is that property taxes are p much lowest in the nation (prop 13) so it's a bunch of local+regional bullshit dividding up peanuts and in-fighting, exclusionary, and shady bullshit.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 26, 2015

• Locked thread