Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
Divers is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Joanna Newsom (:swoon:), released on October 23, 2015 via Drag City.

The album was revealed on August 10, 2015, along with the release of its first song, "Sapokanikan", which was released digitally as the first single. The cover art, album packaging, and music video for the album's title track feature the work of artist Kim Keever. The music video was directed by Paul Thomas Anderson (:worship:) with whom Newsom worked for the film Inherent Vice.

Speaking about the album's creative process in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, she said "I ... spent a year or two (:wow:) on the instrumental arrangements and overdubs. I wanted the character and colors of the instrumentation to shift definitively, from song to song, which entailed a wide pool of collaborators and a lengthy collaborative process with each person." She further described the process of making the album as "probably the most fun I’ve had making a record". Entertainment Weekly also reported Newsom "as using an arsenal of nearly a dozen keyboards and synths including clavichords, mellotrons and Marxophones" for the album while members of the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra feature as players on the album.

:siren::siren::siren:Track List::siren::siren::siren:

1. "Anecdotes" 6:27
2. "Sapokanikan" 5:11
3. "Leaving the City" 3:48
4. "Goose Eggs" 5:01
5. "Waltz of the 101st Lightborne" 5:22
6. "The Things I Say" 2:35
7. "Divers" 7:07
8. "Same Old Man" 2:26
9. "You Will Not Take My Heart Alive" 4:01
10. "A Pin-Light Bent" 4:26
11. "Time, As a Symptom" 5:28

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i haven't listened to it yet but those are like the most "Joanna Newsom" song titles ever so this will be fun

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
explain why i should give a crap op

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i like ccr

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax

oblique posted:

:yikes:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

oblique posted:

Dat rear end

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

oblique posted:

You shouldn't. I checked out her songs and they are terrible. Imagine an iphone commercial on quaaludes.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have you considered eating my rear end in a top hat instead?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

BigBoss posted:

You shouldn't. I checked out her songs and they are terrible. Imagine an iphone commercial on quaaludes.

She's Bob Dylan/Joni Mitchell tier actually.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Daedra posted:

i like ccr

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
she cousins with Gavin "twosome" Newsom right?

prob just a bunch of rich kids from san fransicko that can simply buy theit talent, and become famous because their families certainly know ppl im the business no shir

"liberalism is a mental disorder" {Dr. Michael Savage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCCl3nzL5PI

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWOGPC_gk4

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIIgUIfMFU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I really want to listen to "how was your day" conversations between her and Andy Samberg.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

i listened to the first track and i thought i was listening to kate bush's wuthering heights

so now i'm listening to kate bush's wuthering heights

thanks op

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I like leaving the city a lot, should I check out the rest of the album?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

BigBoss posted:

This sounds like a great time, sorry you're still living in moms basement and have to adhere to DARE.

• Locked thread