Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I've always wondered if positions like equity officer at universities actually have any job responsibilities, or if it's more like a way to give someone a scholarship without making it look like a handout, and because not having that position available would open the university to accusations of discrimination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Being in young radical progressive social circles would suck so bad. Imagine all the drama, bitchiness and petty spite of regular college kids, then add on an even greater concentration of overbearing personalities, byzantine and ever changing social norms, legitimised tantrums, a tendency to connect every interaction and minor annoyance to larger social political issues, and have rape sub in for witchcraft/reds as the focus of moral panic. Even if your racial/gender/sexual identity grants you moral authority status you can still be taken out by the most insubstantial of accusations, and your own beliefs and the social pressures you have endorsed prevent you from not agreeing and taking responsibility even if you aren't so indoctrinated as to actually think you did wrong.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

ghlbtsk posted:

She seems to be under the impression that you can do whatever you want and as long as you always follow with the robotic magic phrase, everything is OK.
By her own definition, shouldn't she be in jail? I guess it's only a problem when a man is the aggressor.

I'm pretty sure she did end up being criticised for 'apologism'. I don't think apologism is meant to refer to the literally apologising for your actions, but thats how they used it.

• Locked thread