Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hello, and welcome to Goons in Platoons. This forum is populated primarily by men and women who are either currently in, are interested in joining or were previously in the military, law enforcement or emergency response. Don't let that discourage you if you're just an everyday civilian, but do pay attention these helpful rules and guidelines!

Goons in Platoons Rules
  • GIP is not a "FYAD Lite" -- This means that inline NSW images or racism will be punished accordingly, normal SA rules apply
  • The chat thread is safe for work content, the drunk thread is not -- browse in public at your own risk
  • Do not violate OPSEC! -- If you see a post that you believes violates OPSEC please report it
  • Do not import drama -- no one cares what happened on IRC
  • Do not scare away new people -- GIP isn't a tree fort and new blood is always appreciated that being said...
  • Don't post like an idiot -- Shitposters and disruptive people will be dealt with
  • Moderator feedback is always appreciated -- If you have a problem with the way I'm handling the forum or a probation please let me know.
  • :siren: Do not gently caress with the police threads:siren: -- While this is covered by the above "don't post like an idiot" rule, punishments for shitposting in the cop threads will be more severe
  • It is okay for people to have opinions you don't agree with/like things that you don't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:siren:Need someone to talk to immediately?

Call Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 and press 1
or text 838255
:siren:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Rule update:
Drunk thread posts belong in the drunk thread -- in this context drunk thread posts can be interpreted as low-effort white noise poo poo posts, empty posts, or just bad posting in general. That is okay in the drunk thread, not so much elsewhere. This isn't to say everything needs to be super serious 100% of the time, but please try to fit the tone of the thread!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

To elaborate on drunk thread posts outside the drunk thread.

If two or more people are having a conversation about something, bursting through the proverbial wall and saying "this is stupid you all are stupid for talking about it" is a dick move. You don't have to like every topic that is discussed in a chat thread but you shouldn't be disrupting it by being an rear end in a top hat either.

These posts will be considered drunk thread posting for the purposes of rule enforcement.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

REDACTED

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 6, 2016

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Certain Current Events topics tend to derail discussion and catalyze bitchy arguments, so check the Current Events OP if you're unclear on the rules, or better, don't shitpost in CE. I'll PM a warning for honest mistakes and probate for stupid mistakes.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I have noticed that spinoff threads (punching nazis, etc.) tend to die quickly on their own, so I have consolidated them into the Dungeon of Shame!

• Locked thread