Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

scaterry posted:

Has the author of "the Dragon's seven adorable children" done any other works? I can swear I know there is another manga out there with a similar body style and face style as that author except this one is about a dungeon and cooking.
You should also read her anthology of short stories Terrarium in Drawer. This lady is rapidly becoming my favorite manga author with her gentle stories and great characters.

She does more with 3 pages than some authors do in chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'm trying to find a surreal manga that I'm pretty sure was recommended in this thread.

It was a collection of short school stories with magical realism, like a nervous girl who retreated into a cocoon, or a girl who shattered into hundreds of tiny versions of herself. There was a girl whose hair and clothes changed pattern depending on how she felt about someone. Googling has not helped me one bit.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

No, although I'll check that out!

This is totally it. Much appreciated!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'm trying to remember the name of a manga posted here. It was a slice of life about a blond servant girl who magically doubled for a wizard girl whose skin was stained charcoal-black. There was a gothic castle and a whole society of red-clad shadow-people, each with a human-looking double. I thought it had a neat esthetic, but I can't find any combination of search terms to find it again.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

drat that was fast. Much appreciated!

EDIT: I love the esthetic. It reminds me of the Girl From The Other Side.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 6, 2019

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Crasical posted:

Bakarina isn't really the same thing, but it kinda is? 'Villainess slow prison life' reminded me of it anyway.

Girl gets reincarnated as the villain of an otome game and realizes that all the endings she played end up with this character getting killed or exiled, so starts furiously trying to avoid the destruction flags from the game, at the same time basically inverting the plot and gathering a reverse-harem in the process. She's denser than a neutron star and never really twigs to exactly how far off the rails things are going (When she meets the otome protagonist she's always curiously wondering what route she's on and can't figure out that all the routes in game are into HER instead)
Bakarina has a similar tone to Nozaki, full of genre geniuses smugly congratulating themselves for all the wrong insights.

I'm looking forward to the anime next year.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Yak of Wrath posted:

Kuroki Yodomi no Hedoro-san
Kraunessa is a homunculus created from black sludge to be a "white knight" join her on her quest to assist and befriend her peers!

This is real good. Thanks for posting it.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I don't think he's actually dead, as Imitation Crystal tends not to kill any of their cast. I do think he's going to spend some time in hospital. Poor messed up guy.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Shinozaki-kun's Maintenance Circumstances

Very promising start to a magical workplace comedy!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Crasical posted:

Wait, are people bailing on the thread/forums or are we expecting a forums shutdown?

Stuntman posted:

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Shadows House 102.

Some interesting answers here.
I suspect Emilyko/Real Kate was sent from another community as a saboteur. Shadow Kate seemed to be born with a deep distrust of the House no one else shared; I think she inherited her suspicions from Real Kate.

...what other skills has Emilyko forgotten she has?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Shadows House 103

Emilico's origin certainly fits.
Nice living doll, Kate. For a clown to wear. To the circus. Baka

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I don't think the pregnancy took fifty years, I think it's Kate who is fifty years old. Unless the current Kate is a descendant of this one.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Has Imitation Crystal been up to anything since Game Club ended? I've always enjoyed her weird work.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Girl from the other side:
I feel like I was still vague on what actually happened and how it resolved. I was hoping for a solution that involved people and not mysteobabble. Still gorgeously and movingly illustrated though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

At least someone has started translating it again!! The first chapter got posted almost three years ago, and I've been waiting ever since.