Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

He's like a Reno 911 character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he looks like someone squashed his head in a vice

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Baba Ganoush posted:

He's like a Reno 911 character

Eh I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I don't really see any comedic value in that dude.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

proof of concept posted:

I bet modern news media coverage of the Boston Massacre would be a hilarious shitshow laugh riot

Well yeah, it was started by a black guy

al-azad fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 25, 2015

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
so do you guys think police are going to finally learn a lesson from all these controversies or is it gonna be like the school shootings and gun laws where nothing is done to really address the problem

like, will police start being trained to consider that they are probably going to start riots if they shoot a guy in the back 126 times while he is running away?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

If you can't shoot a black man skipping down the street with a knife who can you shoot?

C'mon people - think!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

fuccboi posted:

Man i thought this was going to be a ghost story post where the cops get all scared because of the local legend of the black middle of the road walker and then he tells you, "it's a good thing you didn't stop, he would have stolen your soul" or something. You know what, pretend that this post WAS that instead cause I think it's better.
Someone get on a Tales from the Hood remake with Liam Hemsworth as the rookie cop who shoots the ghost of the black kid in the middle of the road that vanishes only for the rest of the department to tell him that they've all seen him and they've all shot him but he's just a ghost. The twist is that those were all different black kids and none of them were ghosts

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

*Looks like a thumb with hair

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

CalvinCoolidge posted:

I think another problem is how we train urban youths.

They take pcp and brandish knives in the streets and then expect no repercussions for their actions. If they had simply not done that, none of this would have happened.

eh ive seen better trolling even just today but you tried and that's what counts :hfive:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Crash_N_Burn posted:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A misanthrope posted:

so do you guys think police are going to finally learn a lesson from all these controversies or is it gonna be like the school shootings and gun laws where nothing is done to really address the problem

like, will police start being trained to consider that they are probably going to start riots if they shoot a guy in the back 126 times while he is running away?

Nah they'll probably like have to shoot a guy sideways in the nipple 126 times to even get ratings now.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

CalvinCoolidge posted:

I think another problem is how we train urban youths.

They take pcp and brandish knives in the streets and then expect no repercussions for their actions. If they had simply not done that, none of this would have happened.

I actually can't think of a reason to ever take pcp. I get other drugs, but pcp is bad news. Why does it even exist? How much of a demand for taking your clothes off and fighting 12 cops before getting shot an there be?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

BigBoss posted:

I actually can't think of a reason to ever take pcp. I get other drugs, but pcp is bad news. Why does it even exist? How much of a demand for taking your clothes off and fighting 12 cops before getting shot an there be?

For every hyped-up news story you hear, there are thousands more that let the smooth ride of angel dust take them away with nary a problem.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

For every hyped-up news story you hear, there are thousands more that let the smooth ride of angel dust take them away with nary a problem.

Yeah, but aside from pot, PCP has to be the #1 bad decision drug in America. I've never smoked (shot up? Snorted?) Pcp so what's the allure? Is it supposed to make you happy? Angry? Mellow you out?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

erm alcohol is the #1 bad decision drug in america and always will be

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
I really really doubt that the first degree murder charge will stick. That's a hard one to prove anyway, and Chicago is going to go crazy when any jury acquits him

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss posted:

Yeah, but aside from pot, PCP has to be the #1 bad decision drug in America. I've never smoked (shot up? Snorted?) Pcp so what's the allure? Is it supposed to make you happy? Angry? Mellow you out?

Nah.

You don't even know what it is and you're calling it 'the #1 bad decision drug' lol. It's a disassociative.

quote:

Dissociatives are a class of hallucinogen, which distort perceptions of sight and sound and produce feelings of detachment - dissociation - from the environment and self.

So yeah some people take way too much and trip out but odds are they were whackos anyway because thousands of people do PCP all the time with no issues. Cough syrup is a disassociative meaning Robitussin can have the same general effects as PCP at a high enough dose.

A much worse decision is taking some random research chemical you know nothing about.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

He was skipping down the middle of the street with a knife looking like he was in GTA. Was he on drugs?

e: lol someone gave this freak a gun and badge....

Sloth love darkie murder

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crash_N_Burn posted:

https://youtu.be/-6b53mXQYT4

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
PCP basically turns you into a naked superhero

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

PCP basically turns you into a naked superhero

but unable to stop bullets

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I taze my prey before killing it when I go deer hunting.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I taze my prey before killing it when I go deer hunting.

hmm there's something about the one on the left that looks suspicious...

ON THE GROUND DEER STOP RESISTING

Oh god i think the one on the left here has a gun!

I SAID STOP RESISTING

a misanthrope fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 25, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

but unable to stop bullets

weaknesses make superheroes more interesting

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

fuccboi posted:

Man i thought this was going to be a ghost story post where the cops get all scared because of the local legend of the black middle of the road walker and then he tells you, "it's a good thing you didn't stop, he would have stolen your soul" or something. You know what, pretend that this post WAS that instead cause I think it's better.

The cop would have said "Its a good thing you didn't stop he would have stolen your car"

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Just realized that in the cop's defense, there's no way the dash cam would have picked up the movements of a highly trained saiyan. We have no idea what kind of threat that young black warrior really posed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope everyone dies

happy thanksgiving!!! :)

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Anyone remember Amadou Diallo? I remember I was playing a lot of Diablo back then and I always thought his name was Amadou Diablo. Things sure have changed since 1999.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bamford Brownstone posted:

Anyone remember Amadou Diallo? I remember I was playing a lot of Diablo back then and I always thought his name was Amadou Diablo. Things sure have changed since 1999.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

quote:

Diallo then reached into his jacket and withdrew his wallet. Seeing the man holding a small square object, Carroll yelled "Gun!" to alert his colleagues. Mistakenly believing Diallo had aimed a gun at them at close range, the officers opened fire on Diallo. During the shooting, lead officer McMellon tripped backward off the front stairs, causing the other officers to believe he had been shot. The four officers fired 41 shots, more than half of which went astray as Diallo was hit 19 times.

jfc the sheer incompetence

dude's name is even McMellon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol if you willingly talk to and/or trust police officers

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

its simple -- the real racists are the ones who get upset when cops brutally murder unarmed children

support are cops

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Moridin920 posted:

jfc the sheer incompetence

dude's name is even McMellon.

rule #1 is don't shout gun! around cops unless you want someone to get shot. very irresponsible

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

pretend this is a political cartoon and the cat is labeled "COP" and the rocking chairs are labeled "BLACK PEOPLE"

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I've been around the world and seen a lot of small perfectly square shaped guns let me tell you

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

At least one of these things will fetch him a probation here in GBS

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

A misanthrope posted:

pretend this is a political cartoon and the subtitle is HOW WHITE PEOPLE SEE THE WORLD

fixd

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

amityville anus posted:

At least one of these things will fetch him a probation here in GBS

His haircut?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Laughing at the hearing disabled will NOT be tolerated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
so the dude's being charged with murder but they're protesting that it wasn't fast enough??

• Locked thread