Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Flesh Forge posted:

I could show those old boys a thing or two about advanced masturbation techniques
the rustiest trombone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I play this scenario in my head but with characters from lord of the rings.

poorpockets
Jul 25, 2011

So that lizard just used my emerald to chaos control half a space colony up its ass?

hemophilia posted:

Uh, we arent talking about cro-magnon people here. Most societies that were advanced enough to have permanent settlements could probably be counted on to cook clean food.

I would stick to wine or beer for hydration in a city, but food is something humans have had to cook for a real long loving time and by 1AD most societies had figured out generally how to cook a piece of meat. Look at Hebrew kosher laws and it's basically procedures for eating food that won't kill you in an era long before Germ theory, with a rubber stamp from God.

Yeah, i guess that's true enough. The hardest part would probably be actually getting food for myself. I'm sure people wouldn't exactly jump at the idea of sharing a meal with the spooky potential wizard/heathen that appeared from nowhere.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I travel to 1AD japan and become apprentice to a master calligrapher who is trying to invent sexy drawings to jack off to. Together, Animesu Mangaru and I change the course of history.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

numberoneposter posted:

the rustiest trombone

I was gonna start with something basic like the French Grip because France isn't invented yet but ok maybe they could handle that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

I could show those old boys a thing or two about advanced masturbation techniques

im afraid the greeks of 1AD were far more advanced than us in this area

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh no I was gonna go to England :smuggo:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh no I was gonna go to England :smuggo:

ok enjoy getting eaten by druids

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Stick to the places with a written history at the time. The concept of barbarians is mostly Romans being xenophobic ignorant putos but for real the celts and many german tribes did some heinous poo poo. North Africa and hispania were pretty bad too.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Rutibex posted:

ok enjoy getting eaten by druids

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Methanar posted:

I think I could do fairly well. I can calculate 2D motion physics, do grade 12 level trigonometry, understand quite a few chemistry principles, can do basic calculus and know a few random scientific constants.

look at loving harvard over here trying to show off

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

chaosbreather posted:

I think about this all the time, I would love to see a show where people go back in time and explain technology to people back in time or bring them forward in time and just freak them out with all the insane magic we can do on a day to day basis.

I like, go over in my head while I'm showering how to explain germ theory or electricity. It's a really fun way to get through periods of time where you don't have immediate access to sweet consciousness-crushing media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAurGIs0lo4

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
people from most ages before 100 years ago would find us physically weak, spiritually empty, and absolutely useless as gently caress irl

they would steal our shoes tho

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

I think about this all the time, I would love to see a show where people go back in time and explain technology to people back in time or bring them forward in time and just freak them out with all the insane magic we can do on a day to day basis.

I like, go over in my head while I'm showering how to explain germ theory or electricity. It's a really fun way to get through periods of time where you don't have immediate access to sweet consciousness-crushing media.

poo poo, I thought I was the only one who did this.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
I would be taller then everybody else so maybe become a warrior or maybe an outlaw. then I would invent the printing press and write an essay about gender equality.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zombiepop posted:

I would be taller then everybody else so maybe become a warrior or maybe an outlaw. then I would invent the printing press and write an essay about gender equality.

i'm going to assume you're a fat, pale, hairy goon so best case scenario someone mistakes you for a bear or some kind of magical forest giant and keeps you as a pet instead of slaughtering you

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
wrong, im a scandigoon so im tall, lean, fair and good looking. I would probably be an inspiration to hitler further down the timeline. I am hairy tho.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I would try to reinvent antibiotics, basically by stuffing everyone's spear and sword wounds with rotting bread

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

"No dude wait wait this will help"

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
You could tell them what to do with sulpur, saltpetre and charcoal. You could tell them that the stars are distant suns. You could tell them about a distant land beyond the Straits of Gibraltar. Or maybe you could just show them how to make a sandwich.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Fairly passive posted:

You could tell them what to do with sulpur, saltpetre and charcoal.

"Sulphur is really good for making people think u farted lol"
"Saltpeter makes your Mister Stiffy relax"
"Charcoal is v good for making hamburgers"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fairly passive posted:

You could tell them what to do with sulpur, saltpetre and charcoal. You could tell them that the stars are distant suns. You could tell them about a distant land beyond the Straits of Gibraltar. Or maybe you could just show them how to make a sandwich.

A really drat good sandwich.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Isaac posted:

I travel to 1AD japan and become apprentice to a master calligrapher who is trying to invent sexy drawings to jack off to. Together, Animesu Mangaru and I change the course of history.

You already did:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

id invent the first beyblade

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

You already did:

:vince: :psypop:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nanomashoes posted:

You already did:

welcome to my time line

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
where am i going in TYOOL? if it is anywhere in the Roman Empire i'd have a decent shot since i know enough Latin to half-rear end my way through a convo

edit: I suppose i would make my way to Nazareth and watch Jesus from the shadows for 30 years, then try to prevent his execution. i would be very curious to see how this hosed with history

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zippy the Bummer posted:

where am i going in TYOOL? if it is anywhere in the Roman Empire i'd have a decent shot since i know enough Latin to half-rear end my way through a convo

edit: I suppose i would make my way to Nazareth and watch Jesus from the shadows for 30 years, then try to prevent his execution. i would be very curious to see how this hosed with history

You know enough official latin, but you dont' know vulgar latin and you would be seen as a weird pasty loving barbarian dork who talks weird

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i found ur scrolls, OP

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i'll pose as a gaul

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Much easier would be to jump in right before the Romans take him, stab him in the heart and scream HAIL SATAN

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

What if i saw this on the 3rd page?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hope you like poverty, loser

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Hope you like poverty, loser

I'm already there I guess. So no I don't like it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

So am I, but I for one welcome our capitalist ghost overlords

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zippy the Bummer posted:

im pretty sure that would drat the souls of all humanity for eternity (except maybe jews?)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

But what would Plan B do?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I'd go back to just before Adam and Eve were offered the forbidden fruit and pick all the apples off the trees and hide them.

NOW WHAT, MOTHERFUCKERS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Why don't you just eat all the apples, sure you'd have the shits for a few days but you'd be super smart and really healthy

• Locked thread