Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I go to Waffle House?
Yes
No
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've never been to waffle house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Baxter posted:

!!!!

more like numbertwoposter

I'm saying your opinion on this matter is like poop
GIVE ME BENNIES OR GIVE ME DEATH

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

This is what I love about Waffle House; it's got a cultural movement down here that just makes it a "thing".

OP, go get the Texas Patty Melt. You won't regret it...right away.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I went to Waffle House for the first time when I went to Florida recently. I liked the waffle, and everything was cheap, but everyone in there was super weird. Waitress please stop growling "sure thing, sweetheart" at me through your smoker's voice it's scary :(

IHOP is a very classy establishment by comparison.

So what are you waiting for?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I go to breakfast joints to eat their big rear end bacon cheeseburgers. Does waffle got that stuff like the other two?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

proof of concept posted:

I don't think it's legal for a waffle house and an ihop to exist within 50 miles of one another

Houston area, there's a waffle house and an ihop within 50 meters of each other.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Wicker Man posted:

I go to breakfast joints to eat their big rear end bacon cheeseburgers. Does waffle got that stuff like the other two?

Oh yea, I bet it's pretty terrible too. Like I'll support Waffle House to my death but there are some things there I wouldn't ever order.

Here's the main menu, for whatever reason I can't find a good picture of the back of one.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ThaGrandCow posted:

Houston area, there's a waffle house and an ihop within 50 meters of each other.

Houston does have pretty lax zoning laws

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
If you have to ask the question, get it smothered, covered, and semen'd.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Waffle House and IHOP are so unalike, Denny's and IHOP is a good comparison, ain't nothin like a Waffle House.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Just got back from Waffle house. Played it safe and had a waffle and some hash browns.

posting in a dgsw-free thread

thanks for the trip report, op. voted 5

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Dr. Lariat posted:

Oh yea, I bet it's pretty terrible too. Like I'll support Waffle House to my death but there are some things there I wouldn't ever order.

Here's the main menu, for whatever reason I can't find a good picture of the back of one.

Do they really have t-bone's in the store? Like, has there ever been a trucker or truck-stop prostitute who is methed out enough to say "I want a Waffle House T-bone"?

I think the staff just runs to the store if you order during the day and if you order during Waffle House hours of the night give you a "Fresh out, sugar".

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
Hey, hey thread, hey

Is there any large franchise that serves liver and onions, preferably with a side of fried potatoes of some form (either hash browns or mashed potatoes or whatever that is not straight up fries).

As far as I know, only Norms does it, and they don't exist outside of California. I haven't had it there, so I dunno what it's like (I like liver and onions but I dunno if Norms-style is good), but I want to see if there's a bigger chain that is guaranteed to have it.

EDIT: Clarification - I mean a slice of cow liver, not chicken liver or pâté or fois gras or whatever.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
At least at waffle house if they semen all over the hash browns you also get to see it happen with the cook facing away from you like a college roommate j/oing right next to you, prty hot. At a Denny's you don't even know what kind of nasty fuckshit, dude could be pouring aids blood in the eggs and you'd never know. Waffle house is life

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
gently caress yes!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

go to waffle house. but dont get waffles.

fight the system

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ive never been to one mainly because i live somewhere nice

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
i spent a few months in the south and the food was bad

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Could you imagine being in the future when "food" is susceptible to lag and signal interference?

"Hang on, I've gotta finish this mashed potato torrent. Goddamn leeches are downloading but not seeding. And the fuckin gravy stream keeps cutting out. I've got some instamash in the archives hold on a parsec."

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
am currently eating pizza for breakfast. ama.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Waffle house is the Toyota hilux of diners.

Use that information as you see fit

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Man the waffle houses in wisconsin are nothing like these trashy places. They have giant smiley faces on the side of them and often are made of barns.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Waffle House rules

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Depends op. Do you plan on dying of heat exhaustion with your dog? http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/11/texas-man-dog-die-trapped-corvette/71053474/

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

waffle house is good for leaving the honky tonk after last call and you need to sober up a little before driving home.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
If you didn't you're a fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Wait a couple more hours and go to Black Bear Diner instead.

• Locked thread