Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

I have donated a legit $400 worth of clothing my children have outgrown to the Good Will this month.

edit: it's just a paper receipt where we write down what we donated

johnny sack fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I look out for #1

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jesus Christ posted:

I look out for #1

As God intended.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I normally donate to WFP at years end but I guess I can post about it also.

EDIT: Removed stuff from top because I don't want people creeping on me.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 16, 2015

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Demonachizer posted:

I normally donate to WFP at years end but I guess I can post about it also.

EDIT: Removed stuff from top because I don't want people creeping on me.

for that kind of donation, I hope they let you ride in the back of the plane and throw food out

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
For that kind of donation you get a year's supply of millet and barley (actual retail price: $5.75)

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Juanito posted:

for that kind of donation, I hope they let you ride in the back of the plane and throw food out

If you peg a little kid with a 100lb sack of rice it is worth 200 points.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
My annual $30 to Matenwa:

25 euros for Medecins du Monde's operations in Greece, where they are one of the central organizations helping refugees:

e: forgot about $30 to the American Liver Foundation

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 16, 2015

youngbeard
Jul 28, 2006

you mean this foot?
Local food bank: 100 $

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Toriori posted:

I gave $200 to Blessings in a Backpack, which sends a low income child/food insecure child home every week from school with a backpack filled with healthy foods for the school year.
I think I'll give another $200 but haven't decided where, something that helps kids locally for sure. Maybe Toys for Tots but I'm not sure.

youse a good dude

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

youse a good dude

Hey thanks.
Just put my money where my mouth is and donated $200 to Mikinakoos (http://mikinakoos.com/ which provides food and basic amenities to children in remote communities in Northwestern Ontario. Just configuring a way to send the proof off to the OP now.

For those who don't know, many first nations communities in NWO are operating in third world conditions. Substance abuse is rampant. Suicide rates are astronomical. Some communities have not had access to clean water for over a decade. Food prices in these areas are insane and a cursory Google search will reflect that. Kids don't make the choice to live in those kind of conditions so being able to help them can make a real impact on their ability to develop.

edit:

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 17, 2015

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
I already donated 50 bucks to Syrian refugees so I'll give another 50 to the shriners hospital for children a great charity that helps a lot of kids

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
I kinda hate people right now so I thought maybe I could try make the world at least a little less bleak.

I can't prove this with a receipt, but with a bit of smack talk and company-wide emails I goaded my co-workers into raising over $500 bucks through Penny Wars for Animal Ark. Personally, I dumped over 50 bucks into it with a leftover box of pennies from a prank and some quarter rolls for when I was going to be bussing into downtown. (My team lost horribly.)

I also donated $40 bucks to Sharing and caring Hands via a raffle at work. Again, no receipt unless I can get one from work.

I hope this counts cause it was late November and I donated items rather than money, but I donated to the International Institute of MN which provides aid for refugees. Boring proof link is here ($101.98 total).

My next goal is to create packets to give to the homeless with some hand warmers, snacks, mittens, and shelter information and bus passes. Yesterday, I had a hit and run on my way to work. I was in such a foul mood. I saw some dude with a sign asking for anything to help so I gave him the pack of string cheese I'd just bought. He was so grateful and kept saying God Bless; I felt worse because I was crabby about someone hitting my car and then taking off and this guy was sitting outside in the snow.

I made a Facebook page to try and give myself goals and get other friends/family to participate, but no one else joined. Whatever, I'll use it for myself :colbert:

Ramaroot fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 18, 2015

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I donated $25 to Heifer International through a giving drive at work and $25 to Elks National Foundation, but I don't have receipts.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
Donated $30 earlier to Matenwa. They're doing good things.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Update the first post, OP

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

I donated $25 to Heifer International through a giving drive at work and $25 to Elks National Foundation, but I don't have receipts.

I donate to heifers too.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

johnny sack posted:

Update the first post, OP

Thanks everyone for the donations. I will update the op tomorrow evening!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Thanks everyone for the donations. I will update the op tomorrow evening!

ya, you wouldn't want to update it more than once a week

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Juanito posted:

ya, you wouldn't want to update it more than once a week

I wish there was a charity dedicated to stopping you from posting!!!!

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE
I'll donate to it!

:10bux: To a charity of choice if he's banned.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Hey guys I have updated the dang OP and you guys have raised a lot of money for charity! Good work! We can't quite open a hot dog stand just yet, but together goons have donated over $7000 to worthy causes.

There are a few people who either didn't post proof or posted proof of a donation from before this thread was posted. I haven't included them here to keep it fair for everyone. That said, if you think I missed you please PM me!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
just gave $50 to doctors without borders :3:

for good measure, proof!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'm pretty broke this christmas but I managed to get my the presents sorted with $20 bux spare, mostly by making stuff instead of buying.

Gave the :20bux: to Matenwa.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Hey friends I will be updating this sometime on Christmas Day with the final totals. For the purposes of my super great incentive, the contest will end at 12:01 eastern time on 12/25.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
please donate, friends

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
Been a couple years since I bought breakfast for some haitian kiddos. $250.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Donated 40£ to Fe y Alegria to bring education to unprivileged children in Venezuela :)

edit: reduced image size.

Furia fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 24, 2015

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Donated €100 towards Caritas Austria and their refugee help program

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I might be too late for this but I donated a measly $10 to Matenwa:

And £5 to the Red Cross:

Not that it makes a huge difference if my donations are included in the total :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Hey folks, still not at home with my spreadsheet full of donation amounts so i will not be updating this until tomorrow. In the mean time I wanted to say thanks to everyone who donated - ya'll are generous people and it's been proven again and again.

• Locked thread