Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I think it's funny that goons (and other internet people too) consider cats to be the end all be all like 'if you hurt a cat you are clearly the same as ISIS.' Some people are just hosed up a bit that doesn't make them serial killers automatically. Where is 'innocent until proven guilty?'

Not cats, but dogs and cats and family pets being needlessly tortured is a sign of having a wacked out fuckin brain that has no empathy when seeing a living, breathing beloved family pet suffering until it dies.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Avery's entire life has been one big cosmic bundle of karma, gently caress Avery I hope he continues to rot in jail.

The cops were douchebags but I understand the hate-on for the creepy nutter. I'd gently caress him over too.
:dealwithit:

When he talked about it in the documentary he was like "I was in my twenty's doing dopey stuff like torturing the family pet you know???" like it was the same as shoplifting.

It was an entire documentary of unlikable people. Except that Brendan kid :smith:

I forgot about that! Good catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I guess it comes down to this: Every week I see some innocent dude that's not doing poo poo or is something ridiculously small like stealing a pack of cigarettes get gunned down in a video by cops. Every day I hear about people given 50 years for the dumbest crimes ever. I just saw a video from LA County where one dumb cop shot another dumb cop, then they both put 10 bullets in the guy that was handcuffed, blaming him for it.

Seeing them gently caress over the life of a sadistic nutter is the only silver lining in a storm of poo poo, so gently caress it, I can't get mad anymore.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I guess it comes down to this: Every week I see some innocent dude that's not doing poo poo or is something ridiculously small like stealing a pack of cigarettes get gunned down in a video by cops. Every day I hear about people given 50 years for the dumbest crimes ever. I just saw a video from LA County where one dumb cop shot another dumb cop, then they both put 10 bullets in the guy that was handcuffed, blaming him for it.

Seeing them gently caress over the life of a sadistic nutter is the only silver lining in a storm of poo poo, so gently caress it, I can't get mad anymore.

yeah but :razz: what is it with those wacky GOONS thinking torturing domesticated animals is such a big deal, what neckbeards :razz:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

yeah but :razz: what is it with those wacky GOONS thinking torturing domesticated animals is such a big deal, what neckbeards :razz:

Yeah that's not what I said at all but alright.

All I said was hurting an animal doesn't automatically make you a murderer; you shouldn't presume guilt in a murder trial just because he killed a cat one time.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Basically this. i know cops and the justice system can be corrupt and there are way better people it happens to so im not gonna feel that bad when it happens to a piece of poo poo and im def not gonna watch some docu that makes me try to sympathize with this poo poo person

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

Hey your post is in before the inevitable "I WANT TO EAT CAT, I LOVE EATING ANIMALS" goons show up, which I give until Page 4, including some fans of that nutter that went around his farm murdering pigs in TFR in increasingly sadistic ways.

Goons come in all extremes.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

punch drunk posted:

Basically this. i know cops and the justice system can be corrupt and there are way better people it happens to so im not gonna feel that bad when it happens to a piece of poo poo and im def not gonna watch some docu that makes me try to sympathize with this poo poo person

Yeah it'd be very shocking to your system to watch a media program that isn't 100% vetted to be in accordance with your beliefs and world views right?

It's pretty interesting from a legal point of view regardless of your opinion of the outcome.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

All I said was hurting an animal doesn't automatically make you a murderer; you shouldn't presume guilt in a murder trial just because he killed a cat one time.

See, it's not just that he killed an animal, it's that he soaked it in gasoline and threw it into a fire on purpose.

People who are not loving psychotic don't do that. That, well, is how serial killers start.

ED: Now if you want really horrifying one time I was stuck listening to a mentally disabled janitor explain how he was paid $200 to kill 97 feral cats with a baseball bat with the inescapable feeling that for $200 more he'd gladly upgraded to people.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

All I said was hurting an animal doesn't automatically make you a murderer.

Please don't make me sound like I said people who hunt or whatever are murderers or some stupid poo poo like that.

Also please don't make me go to like literally ever serial killer's Wikipedia page and copy/paste the parts where like 90% of them say they started with stray cats.

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: Now if you want really horrifying one time I was stuck listening to a mentally disabled janitor explain how he was paid $200 to kill 97 feral cats with a baseball bat with the inescapable feeling that for $200 more he'd gladly upgraded to people.

That's illegal as gently caress in every state in the US. You can trap them and bring them to a shelter but you cannot kill them (2 years in prison is typical for each offense). You say he's mentally disabled though; the people who paid him should be arrested.

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 29, 2015

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like how goons are so vindictive of someone who has an IQ of 70.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah it'd be very shocking to your system to watch a media program that isn't 100% vetted to be in accordance with your beliefs and world views right?

It's pretty interesting from a legal point of view regardless of your opinion of the outcome.

what lol. what does this have to do with my beliefs and world views. it was obviously biased in this dudes favor and was trying to make me feel bad for him (or so i felt) so i didnt watch it.

but yeah i am super close minded and man this docu really triggered me so i shut that poo poo off and waited for my moment to strike and post angrily about it on the internet glad this thread came along i am so fuckin shocked and appalled

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
That "confession" of that dumbass high school nephew was probably the most hosed up thing I've ever seen.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

I like how goons are so vindictive of someone who has an IQ of 70.

also ya why would i feel bad about a borderline retard

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if dude did hosed up catkiller stuff but didn't murder, doesn't that mean the actual human murdering person is still out there? P hosed up imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

Please don't make me sound like I said people who hunt or whatever are murderers or some stupid poo poo like that.

Also please don't make me go to like literally ever serial killer's Wikipedia page and copy/paste the parts where like 90% of them say they started with stray cats.

Who loving cares. 90% of serial killers started with stray cats, that doesn't mean 90% of people who murder a cat are serial killers in training. That's like when the DEA says some idiot poo poo like '90% of hard drug users started with weed, weed is a gateway drug!'

And honestly most people who hunt are probably pieces of poo poo who don't care about abusing animals, yeah.

punch drunk posted:

what lol. what does this have to do with my beliefs and world views. it was obviously biased in this dudes favor and was trying to make me feel bad for him (or so i felt) so i didnt watch it.

I watch things that are obviously biased in the favor of a position I don't like just because sometimes they are interesting.

quote:

but yeah i am super close minded and man this docu really triggered me so i shut that poo poo off and waited for my moment to strike and post angrily about it on the internet glad this thread came along i am so fuckin shocked and appalled

idk you kinda sound like it lol. Like alright you didn't watch it, you've said that 3-4 times now. What are you doing in the thread still if that's all you've got to offer?

Bastard Tetris posted:

That "confession" of that dumbass high school nephew was probably the most hosed up thing I've ever seen.

For real though.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Bastard Tetris posted:

Yeah it was bizarre because even when he was talking to his mom privately he was saying it was true, only to say it wasn't ten minutes later.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

if dude did hosed up catkiller stuff but didn't murder, doesn't that mean the actual human murdering person is still out there? P hosed up imo.

That's what happened with the first rape, which was really hosed up.

However, this does not mean the actual murderer is out there as some people are speculating Avery did in fact do it, but the cops planted evidence because they knew it was going to be real hard to convict him.

Obviously not many people know the whole truth, though.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SniperWoreConverse posted:

In the first part of the series they let a serial rapist loose for 18 years while they had a mentally retarded man in prison. That's the bigger picture here, which is why I'm confused why most of the dumb-gently caress goons here are focusing on a retard killing a cat when he was a kid, rather than a judicial system that let a murderer and a rapist walk the streets for decades over a personal vendetta over said retarded man.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

In the first part of the series they let a serial rapist loose for 18 years while they had a mentally retarded man in prison. That's the bigger picture here, which is why I'm confused why most of the dumb-gently caress goons here are focusing on a retard killing a cat when he was a kid, rather than a judicial system that let a murderer and a rapist walk the streets for decades over a personal vendetta over said retarded man.

Pretty much.

That rapist they let loose because they straight ignored evidence in order to convict Avery ended up raping and killing someone else.

Also I get the 'haha corrupt cops do good for once' mentality but if they really did frame Avery then they've let an actual murderer go free because someone did kill that woman.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

I watch things that are obviously biased in the favor of a position I don't like just because sometimes they are interesting.

idk you kinda sound like it lol. Like alright you didn't watch it, you've said that 3-4 times now. What are you doing in the thread still if that's all you've got to offer?

yeah sometimes i do that too if i think it could offer insight in to some opposition opinion but what exactly would this offer me?? hmm maybe this psychopath retard didnt do as many bad things as the bad policemen said he did lmao.

ok ill leave now because i cant contribute any further thanks for letting me voice my opinion Moridin920 i know ive gone on too long

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Who loving cares. 90% of serial killers started with stray cats, that doesn't mean 90% of people who murder a cat are serial killers in training. That's like when the DEA says some idiot poo poo like '90% of hard drug users started with weed, weed is a gateway drug!'

No, you have it backwards. 80% of weed smokers never went on to do heroin is more in line with what I was saying. You are taking something that a lot of the population has done (smoked weed) and are trying to compare it to something a miniscule fragment of the population does (tortures house pets). It's a really bad analogy.

Moridin920 posted:

And honestly most people who hunt are probably pieces of poo poo who don't care about abusing animals, yeah.

I know plenty of hunters who have dogs and cats and love them deeply, so I respectfully disagree.

a bone to pick posted:

Yeah that's the worst part obviously. That they framed him the first time around and the rapist went on to do more raping. Of course the cops just claimed they thought they had the right guy in jail and admit no wrongdoing. :(

I honestly don't know how those cops sleep at night. Do none of them have daughters/wives/mothers? What the gently caress.

e: Then again that was the early 80s and DNA testing didn't exist so the odds were that they weren't going to catch the real rapist, so they just pinned it on Avery. So it was a double-win for them: got a nice quick arrest for their department, and also got a guy in prison who was a nuisance to them.

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 29, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

No, you have it backwards. 80% of weed smokers never went on to do heroin is more in line with what I was saying. You are taking something that a lot of the population has done (smoked weed) and are trying to compare it to something a miniscule fragment of the population does (tortures house pets). It's a really bad analogy.

No, I'm illustrating how your point that 90% of serial killers started by hurting cats is meaningless because it doesn't mean that most people who hurt cats go on to murder people so that in of itself isn't really an indicator for anything other than being a kid with an IQ of 70 and a hosed up trailer home life.

quote:

I know plenty of hunters who have dogs and cats and love them deeply, so I respectfully disagree.

I'm not saying all hunters. Don't pretend there aren't people out there using poisoned arrows and poo poo though. Most hunters are fine obv.

quote:

Yeah that's the worst part obviously. That they framed him the first time around and the rapist went on to do more raping. Of course the cops just claimed they thought they had the right guy in jail and admit no wrongdoing. :(

I honestly don't know how those cops sleep at night. Do none of them have daughters/wives/mothers? What the gently caress.

e: Then again that was the early 80s and DNA testing didn't exist so the odds were that they weren't going to catch the real rapist, so they just pinned it on Avery. So it was a double-win for them: got a nice quick arrest for their department, and also got a guy in prison who was a nuisance to them.

I was more angry that afterwards they still would say 'welll you know lol he probably still did it though' when they were presented with the DNA evidence.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

No, I'm illustrating how your point that 90% of serial killers started by hurting cats is meaningless because it doesn't mean that most people who hurt cats go on to murder people so that in of itself isn't really an indicator for anything other than being a kid with an IQ of 70 and a hosed up trailer home life.

I don't really recall him having a messed up childhood.

Moridin920 posted:

I was more angry that afterwards they still would say 'welll you know lol he probably still did it though' when they were presented with the DNA evidence.

Yeah that's of course true and the reason people here are bringing up his hosed up past crimes. It's a unique documentary in that you end up being angry at everyone involved.

The Jinx was at least incredibly satisfying to watch.

Peeps should definitely still watch this, though.

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 29, 2015

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

starry skies above posted:

It looks good and everyone is talking about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgbdYaR_KQ

LOL... That's YouTube you fuckwit.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mariana Horchata posted:

Netflix = Soma

go outside sheeple

I thought it was soma too but i clicked on it and it's actually "somm" in a really weird font

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I watched the first one but I don't see myself spending another 9 hours with these people. Almost everyone involved is totally insufferable.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I have wild theory that Mordrin is the guilty one here, methinks he doth protest to much... Just follow the money

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

HungryMedusa posted:

I watched the first one but I don't see myself spending another 9 hours with these people. Almost everyone involved is totally insufferable.

Here's another one who can be added to that list: http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_19722997

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
H. Jon Benjamin looking rough these days

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

He murdered a cat so... He's a murderer? Seems like even if he didn't kill her, at some point he was going to kill someone. Feels like there's a lot bigger issues to deal with first, other than a mediocre doc cashing in off the jinx.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Melmac posted:

Here's another one who can be added to that list: http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_19722997

Lol gross

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I like how real murder is the next hot thing in entertainment

I predicted this years ago

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Melmac posted:

drat, his wife turned him in.

Salt of the Earth, these people.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

80 IQ trailer trash fought the law and the law thoroughly destroyed him

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

80 IQ trailer trash fought the law and the law thoroughly destroyed him

lol

really all this documentary has taught is stay the gently caress out of the middle states because holy poo poo it's just squidbillies out there

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

goons

you could invent a cure for cancer but if you tested it on a cat then youre a loving monster and youre headed for the slammer for 20 years

welcome back old gbs

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

really all this documentary has taught is stay the gently caress out of the middle states because holy poo poo it's just squidbillies out there

it taught me that i could edge for 10 hours and the payoff isnt the civil-rights-era firehose i was expecting

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

goons

you could invent a cure for cancer but if you tested it on a cat then youre a loving monster and youre headed for the slammer for 20 years

welcome back old gbs

Old GBS would call you a hypocrite if you ever owned a leather wallet

Eric the Half a Bea
Jul 13, 2008

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so
Toilet Rascal
I started watching it but then stopped after he described how he killed his cat. I can cope with human killings ok, but not animals. That was in the first 15 minutes. Haven't seen a second more. Should I give it another go? Are there more cat/dog/ferret/guinea pig/rat/mouse/hamster/rabbit/whatever-other-animal's deaths?

Eric the Half a Bea
Jul 13, 2008

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so
Toilet Rascal
Also, being persnickety here, IQ is a very very old method that isn't applicable past the age of 16 as it's literally designed to test a person's "intellectual age" which is impossible to know past 16. Psychologists now (generally) look at fluid and crystallized intelligence instead. Fluid peaks in mid-20s, crystallized just keeps on increasing if the more you learn. So I'm not buying the "but he's only got a 70 IQ score" thing. He knew he was killing and he knew the ramifications *she said not having watched past the 15 minute mark*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how bout you buy some of my alpha dick, jiggles?

that's called negging. be at my place in an hour

• Locked thread