Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
Someone said that this dude had 2000 ad stuff on his website right? Maybe this started out as a more satirical thing like that, but this dude gazed too long into the abyss and forgot that he was joking.

Does this dude hate all divers? Or just the recreational diving scum that challenge the authority of the sea patrol? I think in one of the ones posted earlier they're taking out a dude cleaning the bottom of a boat, so I don't know whatt this dude wants. (Besides diver death)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
How have wiki editors not obliterated his dumb, hosed up ray gun article? They're always using a million and one obscure rules to take down other stuff, how has one dude jerking it to third rate 3D-modeled images of his autism fantasy land not gotten his poo poo wrecked with a page like that?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Like, the concept of ray guns could be actually interesting in some kind of history of literature context, but instead it has V-Gun from the Macross scenario: industrial look and ten thousand worthless lists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SumYungGui posted:

How have wiki editors not obliterated his dumb, hosed up ray gun article? They're always using a million and one obscure rules to take down other stuff, how has one dude jerking it to third rate 3D-modeled images of his autism fantasy land not gotten his poo poo wrecked with a page like that?

I imagine they've tried to take it down many, many times. But the SEA PATROL does not give up so easily

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

CharlestonJew posted:

I imagine they've tried to take it down many, many times. But the SEA PATROL does not give up so easily

Routine edit. Some sport divers did not think that we would venture out to the world wide web. but we can get everywhere..

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
This fucker is goddamn Henry Darger reborn

but instead of little girls with dicks he's obsessed with scuba gear and martial law so really it's an improvement

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
What are the odds that he has a SEA PATROL costume in his closet?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
the guy has alternate history fiction spergy ~facts~ lists on his website

the alternote history having changed because some nimbys stopped heathrow airport from being built over their farms :psyboom:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SumYungGui posted:

Because he's one of them

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

blugu64 posted:

What are the odds that he has a SEA PATROL costume in his closet?

he wouldn't dare be in possession of unauthorized diving gear unless he was briefly impounding it before it could be incinerated (while masturbating)

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
how long until one of you doofuses touches the poop and makes contact with him

how long until him and cwc are sharing a cell

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Luton BSAC won't be stopped!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Wurzag posted:

Luton BSAC won't be stopped!

sorry, luton has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, turning it into a glowing crater would be a net improvement to the state of the uk

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Baumann posted:

Someone said that this dude had 2000 ad stuff on his website right? Maybe this started out as a more satirical thing like that, but this dude gazed too long into the abyss and forgot that he was joking.

Does this dude hate all divers? Or just the recreational diving scum that challenge the authority of the sea patrol? I think in one of the ones posted earlier they're taking out a dude cleaning the bottom of a boat, so I don't know whatt this dude wants. (Besides diver death)

That's what I was getting at earlier. There's a disclaimer at the top of the Sea Patrol page warning against authoritarian organizations, too. I'm pretty sure this started out as a scuba Judge Dredd fanfic that went wayyyyy too far.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

even by fanfiction standards it's bad

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

blowfish posted:

sorry, luton has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, turning it into a glowing crater would be a net improvement to the state of the uk

Oh I don't disagree, their scuba club seem to be the arch enemies of the sea patrol for some reason though.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

SEA PATROL is really well funded :stare:

I assume this is for recreational jet-packers. Better yet, just scoop divers right out of the water like an eagle and dump them back to base for a good beatdown.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Wurzag posted:

Oh I don't disagree, their scuba club seem to be the arch enemies of the sea patrol for some reason though.

it looks like we have stumbled into a perfect solution

deploy sea patrol to ltn and broadcast the carnage on bbc

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

In fairness a good way to deal with lawyers/solicitors etc.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

The Ghoul posted:

That's what I was getting at earlier. There's a disclaimer at the top of the Sea Patrol page warning against authoritarian organizations, too. I'm pretty sure this started out as a scuba Judge Dredd fanfic that went wayyyyy too far.

I think he wishes that recreational diving wasn't a thing and that the Sea Patrol wouldn't be necessary. There are some references to how if only they had banned recreational diving back when the gear was first coming on the market in the 50s, this wouldn't be a problem. It's even more clear if you read the anti-frogman techniques wikipedia article that he wrote, which lays out the whole history for how recreational divers came to be a problem. I think the Sea Patrol story is supposed to be a warning to the scoobydoos - like, we don't want to have to murder you all, but if you don't cut it out, here's what's unfortunately coming your way. He definitely hates recreational divers though, wow.

Edit:

He definitely also has a thing with the relative merits of boots and running shoes:

quote:

I remember too well the training and the marching and such like, as any army-type recruit can tell, as we were turned from miscellaneous civilians into a hard efficient patrol and control squad. We learned to keep up all day the standard Sea Patrol hard-marching hobnail-booted jogtrot in step. Many civilians think they are fit because they do a little jogging, usually in those soft light shoes called trainers, but they have not tried 40 miles of it in heavy boots and a thick tough boilersuit and a heavy packful of kit. There was no concession for those of us who had lived in trainers and took badly to heavy strong stiff boots which made a hobnailed marching noise every step.

Past the fort gate twenty Sea Patrol men charged out of a lifting-sided personnel carrier. Heavy hobnailed issue boots with steel toecaps ran across the quay's tarmac instead of unfit or half-fit trippers' flimsy city shoes and trainers.

As we batoncharged, our issue boots supported our ankles and stopped foot slipping as we ran over rough ground and strewn sport diving gear. My flying bodyweight behind my left boot's hobnails came down on a sport diving regulator second-stage and crushed it against rock and trod firm and did not turn my ankle or slip and bring me down.

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 26, 2015

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
sea patrol or frogmen tags?

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
If God had wanted us underwater he would have given recreational divers gills.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Recreational divers seem such a specific subset of people to have a grievance against. Did Jacques Cousteau run over his dog or something when he was a kid?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This does seem like a particular kind of guy who is really upset about the drat divers/graffiti artists/kids in the square etc. They exist all over the world but especially in the UK.

naem
May 29, 2011

This would be somehow less weird if it was fetishy and sexualized

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I think he actually SCUBA dives in real life, too. But not professionally, making him a recreational diver. As everyone knows, recreational divers are a blight on humanity, which is why it's a good thing SEA PATROL is there to dispense of them.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

naem posted:

lol if you think it isn't

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I.C. posted:

I think he actually SCUBA dives in real life, too. But not professionally, making him a recreational diver. As everyone knows, recreational divers are a blight on humanity, which is why it's a good thing SEA PATROL is there to dispense of them.

classic case of self hating diver

"yeah you breath that compressed air you filthy animal"

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

From the Heathrow alternate history:

quote:

Time passed. The airport management gradually forgot dreams of great expansion and settled down to a local role, somewhat like Barton Airfield west of Manchester. A few seaplanes landed on the lake. A scuba diving club from Barnet on the north edge of London helped to make a pier in the lake for seaplanes to tie up to: cheaper than commercial divers. A big sudden security takeover and cordoning-off raised old fears got from their fathers, but it was only investigating iron objects that scuba divers and magnetic scans had found in the lake; three large German wartime bombs and a shot-down Messerschmidt were found and removed.

Nothing is safe when faced with recreational diving.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

somuch_gravy posted:

sea patrol or frogmen tags?

I'm definitly on team Recreational Diver

naem posted:

loving lol if you don't see sexualization in this poo poo- why do you think this thing is GOLD?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

I'm definitly on team Recreational Diver

You think you know someone and then they say this...

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Look at this dumb thing I'm doing for fun on vacation:

Should I continue? Y/N

naem
May 29, 2011

I guess I could see this guy with a wood chipper buying scuba gear to shred dressed in a pressure suit

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Obsurveyor posted:

Look at this dumb thing I'm doing for fun on vacation:

Should I continue? Y/N

Make sure to alter every texture so that weird poo poo is written all over them

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

Make sure to alter every texture so that weird poo poo is written all over them

Weird thing is that all his included "texture maps" are just UV map templates to paint the textures. He must have added color in some Poser specific file for his screenshots. I don't know how to import that into Blender(if I even can). The simplicity is what makes it so funny though, so I'll probably just re-texture them myself to look like the screenshots.

I have to decide if the player is going to be the recreational diver or the suction dredger sub sucking up recreational divers. If I wanted to get really ambitious, I could try to do an asymmetric multiplayer where one player is the dredger and all the rest of the players are divers. :D

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 26, 2015

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

I can understand the flamethrower and a shovel, but what'd you need a pitchfork for?

The Claptain fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 26, 2015

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i just dive in the Caribbean for a week or two in the winter, i dont want to die, i just want to look at cool coral and marine life

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i just dive in the Caribbean for a week or two in the winter, i dont want to die, i just want to look at cool coral and marine life

This is what the pitchfork is for.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pitchforks pick up loose wobbily gear like rebreather hoses and tubes very nicely, and they also puncture wetsuits very easily, making your amateur diver opponent both bleed and get wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hot Karl Marx posted:

You don't even have a license for this.
You make a mockery of things that happen underwater.
Sick filth, bound for a ray gun 'accident', that's what you are.

• Locked thread