Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I can't enjoy it, sadly. It's very much like Daft Punk, it's just not the Daft Punk I like. Human After All is their best album, in my opinion. Much as with cars, I like the worst music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Dannywilson posted:

Felt that the first time I watched it, but the video actually has some story to it, take it in the Interstella 5555 mentality and it works.

I want to follow you on this one. I really do, and I'm not averse to animated things (I'm slowly slogging through One Punch Man right now because it is hilarious). But this is that youtube channel's "videos" page. :nws: :nws: :nws:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Wow, something must really be wrong with the Pink Colorful Small Horse that she's eating her pee instead of drinking it. :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

poo poo, I'll take 10 pages of small colorful horses over CommieGIR writing two more words about guns.

Going to go look at a '93 Sonoma tomorrow, supposedly only 70k original miles. Might be what I'm looking for to haul poo poo with.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

poo poo, I'll take 10 pages of small colorful horses over CommieGIR writing two more words about guns.

Going to go look at a '93 Sonoma tomorrow, supposedly only 70k original miles. Might be what I'm looking for to haul poo poo with.

Two more words about guns.

Now what?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Dannywilson posted:

A friend and I were having a conversation the other day about "Artists that have replaced other Artists" in our musical tastes. I mentioned that while Daft Punk was still Daft Punk; Justice really filled the void back in 2011. He then mentioned that for him, the Mystery Skulls had supplanted both. After a good listen or two, I have to agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco

Kinda feels like a fusion of Chromeo and Daft Punk.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
"This isn't even my final form!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTvfwd3JZTE

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Now what?

Now you get to drive this.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Now you get to drive this.

A blurry car, cool.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"car"

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

How many drugs?

All of them. All the drugs.

Edit: If we're going down that rabbit hole, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 3, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Amateur hour with Doordash tonight. 3 orders in a row were communicated to the restaurant incorrectly, and the 4th one I went to got me bitched out by the manager for... Doordash loving up orders so much lately.

.... then while I'm walking back to my car from picking up that order, I get a text from the customer saying her apartment building is on fire and I'll need to meet her by the office, as the police have blocked off that part of the property. :stare: I pulled into a gas station at the end of my shift and bumped into one of the fire crews that had been out there, they said only one apartment was heavily damaged and that it was a chimney fire, with two other apartments having smoke damage. So it could have been a lot worse. Place was new enough that it has sprinklers in every apartment, so I'm sure that helped somewhat.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Homework was the best Daft Punk album, you stupid millennials (and olds with millennial music tastes).

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Discovery was pretty good too though (and you can't convince me otherwise).

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

my favorite daft punk is the tron album

am i cool now

also st. anger was good

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

blk posted:

Homework was the best Daft Punk album, you stupid millennials (and olds with millennial music tastes).

:agreed:

French dudes own real hard at finding the catchiest disco samples and then looping them for a solid 4 minutes with really punchy drum kicks to hi-hats.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Enourmo posted:

my favorite daft punk is the tron album

Good moto music.

CommieGIR posted:

Now what?

you oval office

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5356206582.html
If this piece of shits up for grabs in 2 weeks I think Im gonna grab it. I'll also be bringing a sawzall to remove the stack right. loving. there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

Good moto music.

you oval office

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5356206582.html
If this piece of shits up for grabs in 2 weeks I think Im gonna grab it. I'll also be bringing a sawzall to remove the stack right. loving. there.

Some pulling competitions require you to have a stack that sticks straight up with 2 bolts criss crossing at the base so you don't shoot any red hot turbo bits at bystanders. That's totally gotta be what that's for.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

My favourite 'odd' dance music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JJsq0GbpPg

and my favourite music video because rollerball super80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DgAfs4FutI

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7z57qrZU8

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

That and Sabotage are always the correct answers.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Man I've seen it 109 times by now but the opening to Saving Private Ryan always gives me chills.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Ugh. Woke up to an inch or so of snow on the ground; wife asks me to take her to work. I decide it's not a big enough deal to put snow tires on and I'm short on time anyways. On the way back from dropping her off someone's labradoodle runs in front of me; I try to evade, slide, and curb the car (but not the labradoodle). I hope the wheel isn't bent; it is rashed to hell.I hate snow days.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

blk posted:

Ugh. Woke up to an inch or so of snow on the ground; wife asks me to take her to work. I decide it's not a big enough deal to put snow tires on and I'm short on time anyways. On the way back from dropping her off someone's labradoodle runs in front of me; I try to evade, slide, and curb the car (but not the labradoodle). I hope the wheel isn't bent; it is rashed to hell.I hate snow days.

And now you know why you never swerve for animals.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Catching up from a few days away...

Tusen Takk posted:

My mum was hospitalized on Christmas Eve with pneumonia and they found pulmonary embolisms as well as clots in her legs
Turns out it's from non operable lung cancer
gently caress I'm sorry man, gently caress cancer so much.

kimbo305 posted:

mildly lifted RWD sedan to beat around in
Immediately thought of that Mustang.

kimbo305 posted:

That's less than $11/hp, which really speaks to me.
I've been buying cars all wrong

:golfclap:

2015 was pretty decent for me, lets hope 2016 is as good or better. NYE was Glitch Mob and Bassnectar in Birmingham. Never really listened to Bassnectar before and the stuff I had heard I wasn't a huge fan but I'll admit he put on one hell of a show and played for almost three hours. Always been a fan of Glitch Mob and they lived up to it, just awesome. Then we toured Barber Motorsport Museum Saturday on the way back home which is always great.

Spent most of the day Wednesday working on the stupid 928...whoever decided on how to mount the alternator is an rear end in a top hat. No one in town was able to test it so I'm assuming it's good (it's brand new). This means the issue is somewhere along the exciter wire, most likely between the 14-pin connector under the hood and the dash board. Looks like I may have to solder a resister onto the board so newer alternators will work with the car :fuckoff:

Even if you're not a fan of anime I suggest everyone watch One Punch Man - http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/ONEPUNCHMAN

And just in case...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just put a rack of ribs on the smoker, getting beans and ham/peas/pasta together as well.

Also put two big rear end turkey legs in brine to cook tomorrow, because why not smoke all of the things while I'm on leave

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Turns out I hate car shopping about as much as every other form of shopping. I think I want an E46 estate, but I have an irrational desire to buy an Alfa or something else ridiculous. Dad's oh-so-helpful suggestion was a Jag X-Type. :negative:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The Mazda pickup has eased up on the smoking but holy gently caress does it leak a lot of oil, when it NEVER leaked before. I'm pretty sure it's the valve cover gasket; I didn't put in any RTV but I think the weird shape of the gasket means it'll leak at some corners without sealant. Any tricks to get it sealed up without putting in a new gasket?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

jammyozzy posted:

Turns out I hate car shopping about as much as every other form of shopping. I think I want an E46 estate, but I have an irrational desire to buy an Alfa or something else ridiculous. Dad's oh-so-helpful suggestion was a Jag X-Type. :negative:

X-type vs an alfa is like flipping a coin where both heads and tails lead to you being covered in poo and broke.

Pham Nuwen posted:

The Mazda pickup has eased up on the smoking but holy gently caress does it leak a lot of oil, when it NEVER leaked before. I'm pretty sure it's the valve cover gasket; I didn't put in any RTV but I think the weird shape of the gasket means it'll leak at some corners without sealant. Any tricks to get it sealed up without putting in a new gasket?

You have to put small blobs of RTV on the corner bits around the cam/distributor hump/hole or it'll leak. There's no magic solution other than just doing it properly.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Slavvy posted:

You have to put small blobs of RTV on the corner bits around the cam/distributor hump/hole or it'll leak. There's no magic solution other than just doing it properly.

Everything said "don't use rtv for a quality rubber seal" so I didn't, now I've learned.

It was only like $15 for the seal including the little bolt seals, I guess I'll pick up another and some RTV.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The key is to not be a loving retard and smear RTV all over the rubber gasket, thus preventing it from doing it's job. For some reason it's always the red stuff when they do that, too.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Slavvy posted:

X-type vs an alfa is like flipping a coin where both heads and tails lead to you being covered in poo and broke.

But at least when the Alfa is stranded by the side of the road I'll have something nice to look at.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

jammyozzy posted:

But at least when the Alfa is stranded by the side of the road I'll have something nice to look at.
I'd rather buy something that won't be leaving me on the side of the road.

I can admire it in my driveway.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

How many drugs?

All of them. All the drugs.

Edit: If we're going down that rabbit hole, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w

No mention of DyE - Fantasy yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg mildly :nws:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

freelop posted:

No mention of DyE - Fantasy yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg mildly :nws:

:wtc:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ilkhan posted:

I'd rather buy something that won't be leaving me on the side of the road.

I can admire it in my driveway.

So, 70's jag?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

X type is just a rebodied Ford so it's not the legendary jag reliability.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
God drat it, I live in Seattle and some rear end in a top hat tried to break into my car and broke my drivers side window. Luckily they weren't able to get inside, so I just have a huge crack on my window. Is the best move to just take it to the dealership and get it fixed?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Biodome posted:

God drat it, I live in Seattle and some rear end in a top hat tried to break into my car and broke my drivers side window. Luckily they weren't able to get inside, so I just have a huge crack on my window. Is the best move to just take it to the dealership and get it fixed?

Take it to a good glass shop first. The dealership will probably just outsource to one anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Bajaha posted:

X type is just a rebodied Ford so it's not the legendary jag reliability.

I think its a Ford Mondeo - which here in the states is a Contour in one form or another.

Just buy a Contour SVT.

Edit:

loving brilliant.

• Locked thread