Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Cake Attack posted:

3 was the only bad one, they didn't really get worse with time. So 4 is good, yeha

Never played the games beyond 1. What made 3 exceptionally bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Anora posted:

Ugh, got an 8 bit mem card headed to my local Game stop for roughly $20. Why the gently caress are these things so expensive?

Because Sony want to not sell Vitas.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

You too can sleep with Miku next to you.

This is by far the most depressing thing I've seen in 2016.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Days like these are the days I'm happy to be a goon: no matter what my expectations are, they'll always be exceeded on Something Awful.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah it's kinda freaky how they managed to find a gif of you.

I don't know why the Asian guy is so insistent on grabbing my breasts either.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

matt mercer was very cool as alvin in tales of xillia

When does that game begin picking up? Its slow pacing and unlikable cast aren't doing it for me.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

The Colonel posted:

tales of the abyss has a good cast

I'm not listening to your opinions anymore.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

dark titsanime is right

I heard it's a Bandai Namco game with a Bandai Namco translation with a Bandai Namco sensibility of game design.

Thus, it can never be good.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

just steam/GOG probably

Xseed confirmed a while ago that they aren't doing PSP games anymore. So it is going to be a PC exclusive release.

I feel so bad for Sara if she has this on her backlog along with Corpse Party and Xanadu Next to program alone.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

well the vita port isnt getting localized so who cares

And all my interest in this game is now gone.

Edit: oh, it's coming to PC too. Alright, interest restored.

Slur fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 15, 2016

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Kirios posted:

I'm finally getting a full blown Vita and not a Playstation TV and I'm really excited! Are there any top games that are Vita only and not on TV that I should look for? Any specific games that I should throw to the top of the list to play (anything within Vita's library).

I've got a hour and a half train ride round trip to work every day so I get all of the gaming time with the Vita now...super looking forward to it! :getin:. The 3DS is alright but it's looking incredibly outdated at this point.

Gravity Rush and Tearaway are your two big ones.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Where on the scale do things like Criminal Girls and SK fall?

Things you play if you want to get on a watchlist.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

$100 proprietary memory card

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Davincie posted:

what's sci fi hitler in your av from? kinda reminds me of superjail

It's Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V. Dexie bought me the avatar.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

im ordering 30 copies

Send me one.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

So between the time Cold Steel I came out, has there been any notable Vita releases?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Digimon Cyber Sleuth. And I guess Escha&Logy Plus came out. Also XCOM Plus if you want to play xcom on the go

Escha&Logy is $80 or something. I don't know why they had to price it that high.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

davidHalestorm posted:

To answer your spoilered question, it honestly never made clear , even at the end, what his deal is, IMHO. They seem to be saving it for the sequel. But yes, he's not a normal kid.

They don't even reveal in Cold Steel 2 what his deal is. But, from what I've read, he's made some pretty bad decisions in the sequel which sends Lloyd and company after him

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

Since I wasn't paying attention and the codes ended up at the bottom of a page mid-discussion, here they are again just to make sure they aren't easy to miss

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time: 7T3D-E2NQ-GT2R
Lego Movie Game: CPNR-J6NM-NCT4

vvv: Glad it got used at least

Your Sly Cooper code was also used.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

All I had to hear was generic J-Pop and I was out.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

HGH posted:

Cold Steel isn't there cause they think it's bad.

Their opinions are instantly invalidated.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

After Cold Steel 2 comes out, isn't that it for big Vita releases?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Gusano posted:

Recently bough a Vita, but I don't like anime games like many of you. Already bought Hotline Miami 1 & 2, Super Meat Boy and Bastion. What other games should I buy? Risk of Rain from a page back looks great.

Any other good non-anime Vita games? Don't matter if they're crossbuy (got a PS4 already).

Buying a Vita and not wanting to delve into a slew of anime games? You've made a weird purchasing decision.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Gusano posted:

Haha I think I should've said, j-rpg. Sorry for the confusion.

Are you okay with action RPGs? 'cause Ys Memories of Celceta is one of the best games (if not the best game) on the system.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

Nope! She does get the best line of any localization ever though.

That's a direct translation apparently.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Tom lied to me.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

What is the definitive version of FFT anyways?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I acquired $20 to the PSN store recently. I have most of the Vita staples, including Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Celceta, and Cold Steel. I need a recommendation for any Vita game which you guys have found extremely addicting and fun recently.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Takoluka posted:

Real answer: EDF2

What is EDF2 like?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I'm playing through Persona 4 for the first time and I fail to understand why people enjoy this game.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

If you have literally just started playing it then I am not surprised since it starts with 4 hours of boring set up.

I assume it picks up after that?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Erg posted:

You're on pretty heavy rails until you've finished the first real dungeon, then your options for how to spend time really open up

e: I'd say the 6-8 hour mark is when you know for sure if you're going to enjoy the game

There's something really oppressive about the time-limit environment, where you have to choose how to use your time so carefully. I feel as if the game is going to screw me over at any moment if I choose the wrong way to spend my day.

Should I worry about this too much?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I gave up on Persona 4 Golden. I'm just not having fun.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

In Training posted:

It happens, there's probably other games out there you will like

Yeah. Not sure what I'm going to try out next, but if you guys want to shoot any recommendations to me, then it'd be highly appreciated.

Heck, I have quite a bit on this backlog of mine and I just wonder what I should tackle next.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

what are you into and what have you played on vita already, generally.

A lot of RPGs, as the Vita is kind of well done with. I also just generally like anything with a neat aesthetic. Huge Falcom fan, so I tackled all their games.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

muramasa and steins;gate both have cool aesthetics, otherwise i got nothing. sorry.

It's cool. I played both and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

13/f/cali posted:

Megatagmension Blanc vs. Zombies was supposed to come out today in NA originally but a few weeks ago IFI delayed it to May 10.

Or did they? Seems the game is out right now.

Seems like an error on Sony's part since I can't imagine IFI decided to just kidding the delay without mentioning anything at all. I decided to buy it and see what happens.

I didn't think the HDN franchise could pander any harder. Lo and behold.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

RanKizama posted:

bad Senran Kagura game

You should check your grammar for redundancy in your posts.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Anything on the PS3 or Vita list worth it for the golden week sale? I don't own any of those games except Catherine and Ar Nosurge

Slur fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Pijeus posted:

Just bought Tales of Hearts R in the sale and jesus christ it's ridiculously anime. Do the characters ever get less.....like that? Bought Shovel Knight too, and ran screaming back to it within 30 minutes of opening ToHR.

All Tales games are like that. All Tales games are horrible jRPGs as well.