Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Slow Cooker Queso

This is my favorite queso recipe. For this and the next recipe I use canned fire-roasted tomatoes because they're hardly ever in season (certainly not this time of year) and it saves a little time. Feel free to substitute fresh ones if you grow your own or whatever.

Ingredientes:

-1 lb ground beef
-1 can ( 14 oz) diced tomatoes (fire roasted are best)
-1 or 2 jalapenos, diced
-6 oz greek yogurt
-10 oz sharp cheddar (get a block and shred it yourself for best results)
-8 oz cream cheese, divided into ~1oz blocks
-Diced green onions if you so desire

Season that burger with salt and pepper, and brown it. Drain and add to crockpot. Add everything else but cream cheese and optional green onions, mix well. Drop cream cheese hunks on top and cook on low 1.5 - 2 hours until heated all the way through. Add green onion if you swing that way and stir until smooth.

Restaurant-style Salsa

I usually pre-dice all of the vegetables because I prefer a smoother salsa, but if you like it chunky you might want to just cut into larger pieces as it's going into the blender anyway. Also, whether or not the canned ingredients are drained come down to personal preference, I used to drain them but I've found that I actually like the salsa better with a little more liquid.

Ingredientes:

-28 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
-4 oz diced green chiles
-2 or 3 jalapenos, seeded for mild or you can leave some in for medium to hot. One peppers worth of seeds is usually plenty spicy for most people
-1 white onion
-1 bunch cilantro, remove as much of the stems as you can without spending too much time
-3 cloves garlic
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp sugar
-1 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp black pepper

Combine all ingredients into blender and pulse until you reach desired consistency. I usually pulse about 5 times and manually stir because the blender only wants to really blend the stuff at the bottom, and repeat until it's where I want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Man and his dog posted:

The Gold Bar of Cheese.

We gonna die.

Jesus Christ. I posted a queso recipe specifically so people wouldn't have to eat this poo poo

• Locked thread