Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Does Goon Golden Spoon 4 have a maximum of 8 players? I'm trying to join it but it won't let me.
Or am I just an idiot and I can't find the "Join" button?
You really want me in the league, trust me. I came dead last by a long shot in my other fantasy league last year, I'll be a great percentage booster for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Yeah, I'm in now. Not sure if it was you tweaking the settings or me loading the page in Safari instead of Chome, but it's working.

Country Pumpkins are going to come out swinging!
...and fall over after a big airy.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

hiddenmovement posted:

Though I can see exactly why it was done this way, I'm still dissapointed about the 'had to have been an AFL listed player in the last 2 years' rule. I really wanted to see some guy from the VFL break out and be the good news story of the year.

The other reason I'm pissed off about that rule is that I would have liked Essendon to go the other direction. They should have recruited 10 former superstars to their ranks. Who wouldn't pay money to see Wayne Carey, Matthew Lloyd, Tony Lockett, Shane Crawford, Mark Ricciuto, Gavin Wanganeen, Koutoufides, etc? Imagine them all running round the park for the same superstar team, getting their arses kicked week in week out. It would get lots of punters through the gates, Essaden could make a killin!

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

That's quite amusing, but I feel sorry for the kid that got flattened. Lucky he got up so quickly unhurt, or someone would have copped a hiding.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
That's just bizarre. Tell Barry Hall that's what a real brainfade looks like.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

TG-Chrono posted:

loving PttN :argh:

Very good:golfclap:

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
On the topic of podcasts, my favourite comedy footy cast is junk time with Adam rosenbachs and Michael chamberlin. Pretty funny and a good way of getting footy news. I like Wil Anderson though, so I'll definitely give his new one a try

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
UF: I've set up my auto-picks (Country Pumpkins) but the system for doing it is really poo poo compared to being there live. I really hope to be there live, but it depends on how my 4 year old is at going to sleep by herself. I might be a bit late if she needs cuddles, or I might be there not at all if the wife needs cuddles after that.

But autopicking really sucks.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Periphery posted:

Get your 4 year old to help you make the picks! :3:

Autopicking would be better. :( She doesn't understand football yet.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
This interface sucks balls.*

*and that's the only reason I picked Roughhead.

Forum Joe fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 20, 2016

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Fuuuck. First night of the footy and I wish I could watch it, but Strung Out are playing at my local, so I can't miss that. Have fun at the football, gramps.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Seltzer posted:

I'm struggling to see what's "American" about names on jerseys... all types of awful stuff like Russian hockey and Chinese basketball have names on their jerseys. It's not an American thing...

But... erm... Those are two American sports there, champ.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Volkerball posted:

godddammit the loving waterboy got in the middle of the play

I didn't think that was an automatic 50 though, just a free kick. Did the runner remonstrate or something? If so, he's the dumbest oval office on the ground tonight.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Volkerball posted:

i think they were already around 50 when the runner got in the way. nah, he just walked off real quick.

Nah, it was definitely a fifty. The incident occurred near the centre, and the resulting free kick was taken from 40m out.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Chairchucker posted:

North you Whopper stealing jackasses.

I don't think footytips.com are doing the free whopper for 9/9 anymore.

Also, yes, it's windy as gently caress here at the moment. Probably 6 goals a quarter. :)

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
And now a shocking decision favoring the Hawks. This could be a good game if it wasn't for the umpires

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Forum Joe posted:

This could be a good game sport, if it wasn't for the umpires
I fixed it myself

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Oh hey, I'm now winning the tipping comp outright. how about that.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
It wasn't on big footy, but someone on a Facebook thread was "discustard" at the umpiring in the Hawks Saints game. :bang:

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I was in one of those predicaments where I really didn't want to see the hawks win, because I like Adelaide more. But on the other hand, I picked Hawks and in my work tipping comp I'm second and the person who's first picked Adelaide, so I knew there'd be a brightside whichever result happened. I think Hawks winning is better because my personal tipping results are way more important than the national league.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

monolithburger posted:

Adam Spencer MCing the ceremony for some reason. :shrug:

He is the Swans #1 ticket holder, is that enough of a reason?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Anyone have a link to a stream of the game?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

bigis posted:

Lol Barry Hall is a retard.

Welcome to 2008

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Hadn't heard of The Arc before, but that's a really cool website. I've been reading back through their older articles, they raise some excellent points and provide good stats.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

TG-Chrono posted:

A football match is threatening to break out at the MCG.

I didn't watch the match but I want to say, the commentary in this thread about it, like the post above and the few before it, had me chuckling. Well done footy goons.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

That's very funny. Well done @Bolta10

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Diet Crack posted:

It didn't touch his back (you can still see the shadow of the ball and it never alters it's spin), but may have come off of his boot - which should be a goal anyway. No issue with the process though. It's a weird one to judge irrespective of what actually happened.

Lecca's dribble goal was way cooler anyway.

I disagree, I don't think it's definite enough to overrule. From that footage it could possibly have touched his back. You do know that you can cast a shadow on a thing you're touching, right?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Shmoses posted:

Hutchy and Barrett...really good.

I think you typed that wrong

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

gabensraum posted:

Carlton will win the flag, is why

Gimmick poster reported

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Congrats to whoever thebmw is in the SA Footy Tipping comp. you're the only person to pick an Essendon upset. That takes courage!

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Ok Hawks, just hold it at a 100 pt margin please

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Periphery posted:

I can't wait to see what the Cats do to the Saints next week. :suicide:

Yeah, me neither.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I like the fact that I get more useful political commentary from this thread than the auspol one.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I've done a number of ankles playing Ultimate, usually from being landed on by someone else bigger and fatter than me, including one in the first game of Nationals against Chilly. But after playing Ultimate most of my life, I can't deal with the travel rules of netball, it seems to cause so much damage to knees and ankles. The human body is not designed to run at full tilt and then stop in one step.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I don't mind Thursday night football, but can't stand Monday night football. Stop it, AFL, just stop it.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

hiddenmovement posted:

Hello is this where complain about peppa pigs gay agenda?

Are you kidding? Peppa pig is conservative drivel that supports sexist mysogenistic society and reinforces negative gender stereotypes. All the women are nothing but lazy stay-at-home mums and all the men are hard working builders, architects, doctors and mechanics. Senile old men sail about in boats, as one does when men retire, while the old ladies simply become housekeepers and look after their husbands. Not my ABC. I thought you were better than this, Auntie. I want my 8c a day back. Get off my lawn ornaments.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I like seeing Hawthorn lose as much as the next person, but... My tips! I wouldn't care at all except for Doctor Cave picking Westcoast and getting in front of me.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
It probably has zero chance of changing the racist behaviour of the fan, but I'm impressed they've elected to go down the route of education over punishment. What it won't help is all the similar racists who now think they can do similar things without suffering meaningful consequences.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

The Deadly Hume posted:

There we go.... Second was "Joe" on 146

That's me. I came second!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

NTRabbit posted:

I think the fact that the only club we can think of that would pick up risky over 30 players like that is North Melbourne, really doesn't bode well for any hopes all four have of continuing their AFL careers.

IMHO Dal Santo is the only one of them that's got a chance at making something work at a new club.

• Locked thread