Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

UKMT February 2016
Say what you like about the fascists, at least they made the threads run on time got a beating in Dover.

February is Valentine's Day Month
Marxists are Red
Tories are Blue
The Condition of the Working Class in 2016 is Bad
And That Includes You
:yayclod:

What happened over January?
• A bunch of good people died, including forums poster Fluo and some famous people. :(
• Tata Steel decided that South Wales has way too many jobs at the moment and decided to cut a bunch in Port Talbot.
• The Draft Communications Data Bill (Snooper's Charter) and Psychoactive Substances Bill (Ban Everything Charter) continue to move forward with seeming inevitability. Look forward to April's thread where air is banned.
• Equal Civil Partnerships got blocked by the High Court, but an appeal is allowed and the companion bill continues to move through the commons.
• Hammer Horror caricature Iain Duncan Smith continues to spend more money than he's saving on fighting challenges against 'Fit to Work' policies and under-occupancy penalties.
• Some PUA guy who believes that rape should be legal on private property has announced a bunch of events across the UK where he encourages people to meet him on private property.
• Jeremy Corbyn continued to refuse to name his cat, cementing his unelectability.
• There was some snow. That's vaguely not poo poo, right? Unless you had to get anywhere.
• This got added to a school politics slideshow somewhere, in case you are not sure if you are Literally Hitler or not:

Previous Threads
UKMT January 2016 - Not The Best Month
UKMT December 2015 - Happy Xmas (War Is Over (lolno))
UKMT November 2015
UKMT October 2015
UKMT September 2015 - David Cameron (FADP)

Pedogeddon Thread

Fash Thread

#ukgoons on synIRC, in which crispix encourages us to mock Question Time.

Finally, please keep the following points in mind:

quote:

1. It's not a person's fault if they are poor;
2. It's not their fault if they are disabled;
3. Neo-liberalism doesn't work;
4. The Daily Mail lies (maybe even about Pig Dave and charity);
5. Neo-liberalism has never worked;
6. The British Empire was not a force for good;
7. Neo-liberalism will never work;
8. Trans people are not "men in dresses";
9. Gendered insults are not okay;
10. If something is "so gay" it had better be something that is really happy;
11. Trains are awesome;
12. The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles;
13. Patienceflaps has oceans of piss.

And as an endcrust to all this:

e: For all those who want to do something in memory of Fluo, please read the details below (thanks Serotonin):

quote:

David Bridges Funeral is the 18th Feb 1.30pm at South Bristol Crematorium. All are welcome Please come dressed as you feel comfortable. Black is not a requirement.
Afterwards at the Cross Hands Pub for refreshments. We will then move on to the Seven Stars, Bristol where we will have some of David's home made beer to taste.

Please feel free to come to any above to celebrate David's life.

We don't want any flowers, however donations to Bristol Mind are welcome.
https://www.justgiving.com/Brenda-B...paign=pfp-share

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i hope february sucks slightly less than january

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait Fluo died? Beer guy?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Yeah, January is the cruelest month.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What the gently caress January is so loving stupid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Wait Fluo died? Beer guy?
Yeah, there's stuff from people that know more about it than I on ~p173 of the last thread.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Now we're in the February thread it's time to bring out this classic

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Disappointed that "Fash Thread" didn't link to Europol, think you covered pretty much everything else though!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Now we're in the February thread it's time to bring out this classic

Needs an update to "You're the Kim Jong-Un for me"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

big scary monsters posted:

Disappointed that "Fash Thread" didn't link to Europol, think you covered pretty much everything else though!
Good idea. We never normally link to Europol but I encourage anyone in future OPs to have 'Fash Thread' and 'Other Fash Thread' and alternate the URLs randomly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well that's what I get for taking the weekend off I guess.

Bloody hell I hate this year.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Guavanaut posted:

And as an endcrust to all this:

what the gently caress is this bullshit

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
http://m.theargus.co.uk/news/14246445.Disabled_woman_s__invalid_car__is_vandalised_because_it_is__devaluing_our_flats_/

Burn down this horrible country.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
The EU reform deal was apparently enough to get Theresa May onside with the Remain campaign, so the duelling Leave campaigns have lost their last potential mainstream figurehead. The campaign to take us out of the EU will be led by two warring groups of frothing turbonutters with nobody who is remotely sane or has any meaningful pull with the general public to call them to heel. :unsmigghh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

what the gently caress is this bullshit
A bad idea from a few years back, and a symbol of ruination.

They should post the addresses of the homeowners who complained and see how much their flats are worth afterwards.

If, of course, some people were to take some legally ill-advised action which could not be condoned.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Cunts

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

LemonDrizzle posted:

The EU reform deal was apparently enough to get Theresa May onside with the Remain campaign, so the duelling Leave campaigns have lost their last potential mainstream figurehead. The campaign to take us out of the EU will be led by two warring groups of frothing turbonutters with nobody who is remotely sane or has any meaningful pull with the general public to call them to heel. :unsmigghh:

I'm sure Farage will be happy to step in as kingmaker for whatever campaign he fancies.

Yeah so since I'm guessing that's a lock for 'Remain' I guess we can start honestly evaluating whether that's for the best or not.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Why would you take a picture of the car being right infront of the pathway to the flats unless you want readers to think that the car owner was in the wrong :psyduck:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Guavanaut posted:

Good idea. We never normally link to Europol but I encourage anyone in future OPs to have 'Fash Thread' and 'Other Fash Thread' and alternate the URLs randomly.

I've been catching up on that thread and it seems to me that the idea is each individual country's politics thread sends their very worst poster to do battle there in the hopes they don't come back. Our representative seems to be The Saurus maybe?

Also like two lefties with high pain tolerances.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
europol is good posting times with a wide range of national, cultural, and political viewpoints represented. a shining example to the rest of d&d.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

LemonDrizzle posted:

europol is good posting times with a wide range of national, cultural, and political viewpoints represented. a shining example to the rest of d&d.

Go away Tony Blair.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

LemonDrizzle posted:

Given the rest of d&d I fear you are right.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
UKMT is a forum of self-haram, surely

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

LemonDrizzle posted:

Good troll.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

LemonDrizzle posted:

on the other hand some of those national, cultural and political viewpoints are finnish neofascists and german ethno-reactionaries so you know

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

LemonDrizzle posted:

Yep, the referendum's in the bag, barring some major escalation in the refugee crisis and/ or the Eurozone economy that prompts people to say: "The best thing we can do is just get out!! :byodood:". Still a stupid, pointless risk for Cameron to take imo but things have developed about as well as they could have done since he announced the referendum.

As for the frothing turbonutters, I've always suspected that leaving the EU was more of a hobby for them than something they actually wanted to see and preside over. I can't help but feel that the bitter infighting that's erupted in the 'Leave' camp is at least partly caused by an unconscious urge to sabotage their own chances.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

"I AM MILDLY INCONVENIENCED, TIME TO SMASH A DISABLED WOMAN'S CAR!"

And moaning about their property being devalued, the British middle class need locking up.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

LemonDrizzle posted:

It's certainly not an echo chamber. I can see why this thread might find it uncomfortable.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol just saw someone for the better together campaign assure the BBC that more will be done to get rid of EU rules on maternity leave and a max 48 hour work week if we stay in the EU.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

tekz posted:

It's certainly not an echo chamber. I can see why this thread might find it uncomfortable.

This thread needs more fascists and liberals. That will make it better

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pistol_Pete posted:

As for the frothing turbonutters, I've always suspected that leaving the EU was more of a hobby for them than something they actually wanted to see and preside over. I can't help but feel that the bitter infighting that's erupted in the 'Leave' camp is at least partly caused by an unconscious urge to sabotage their own chances.

The People's Front of Judea was not created for the movie.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

tekz posted:

This thread only echoes to people telling Flaps to gently caress off also Full Communism Now

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

if you live in Brighton you have a moral duty to grab a couple of mates and go knocking door to door on that street, ask if anybody's seen anything because you want to have a chat with the culprits.
Guarantee you'll knock on the guy's door (doubtless a middle aged coward) and scare him into backing off just with the thought of being confronted.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
On the one hand I do like the global fame that comes from being partially responsible for a thread title, however i fear such a title may help spread the worrying misconception that a thread is called a 'forum', held by users everywhere who have not even bothered to learn the language before trying to influence the noble traditions of forums culture. Imagine what would happen if words changed meanings, I can't stand for this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lol just saw someone for the better together campaign assure the BBC that more will be done to get rid of EU rules on maternity leave and a max 48 hour work week if we stay in the EU.

who? amazing that anyone would think the general public would hear that and go for it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Why is the 48 hour work week still such a big deal? Do people not understand that they can opt out of it if they want?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Because you cannot be asked to work more than 48 hours, nor punished if you refuse to opt out of it.

If they get rid of it, you could be asked to work a 60 hour week and punished if you don't turn up. It's there to stop employers forcing their employees to work ridiculously long hours.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

On the one hand I do like the global fame that comes from being partially responsible for a thread title, however i fear such a title may help spread the worrying misconception that a thread is called a 'forum', held by users everywhere who have not even bothered to learn the language before trying to influence the noble traditions of forums culture. Imagine what would happen if words changed meanings, I can't stand for this

Have you tried biting yourself?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Fans posted:

Because you cannot be asked to work more than 48 hours, nor punished if you refuse to opt out of it.

If they get rid of it, you could be asked to work a 60 hour week and punished if you don't turn up. It's there to stop employers forcing their employees to work ridiculously long hours.

You can refuse to hire someone if they don't opt out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yay, let's go for the worst of both worlds!
:negative:

• Locked thread