Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

All of the DLC are for all three campaigns right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Also, you can safely ignore the opinion of anyone who unironically says "white knight" to mean anything but the magic card.

Hey duder White Knight Chronicles is a game that some people have talked about before

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I have to wait till my gamestop opens tomorrow :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Got the last copy of Conquest within a 25 mile radius of where I live meanwhile every store has several copies of Birthright still on the shelves.

Not looking good for the casuals, folks.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I am literally incapable of expressing my joy at archers being a real class finally

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I let Rinkah die because she has a stupid face and is part of the bad faction which I'm not playing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Space Flower posted:

plot-sensitive chars won't 'die', because plot, but they're still gone on classic. Restart.

Chapter 6 is actually the exception to this. I got my entire team killed off to test it and they still showed up as real units in the next few chapters.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Not to mention her personal skill and Demoiselle makes her a really really good support for the Avatar in the first few chapters.

Felicia is just good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Felicia and Jakob are functionally identical but with their skill affecting the opposite gender right?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

Is there any reason not to blow a dread fighter scroll on my Avatar now that I've hit 10 and got the new skill for it?

Also, I had heard that there's an item of some sort for having Awakening, but damned if I can find it.

The skills your avatar gets in their promoted class are really drat good, also as a Dread Fighter (or any other class) they can't use their Dragonstone afaik.

Having Awakening or using Fire Emblem Amiibos unlocks certain purchases in the Accessory Shop once you get that at your My Castle. They don't do anything for the main game, just for the attacking/defending castle online thing.

Endorph posted:

no, they have different stats, a different personal skill, and a different reclass option. They're different units.

Ugh that just makes gender decision even harder

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I just noticed that the character models look more beat up and bruised the less HP they have. That's a really neat detail.
Re: Mozu. I assume I need to level her to 10 or whatever before class-changing her a la Donny, right? And what's the recommended class for her (Birthright)

She doesn't get any skills beyond 10, but her only other class option is Archer. She's a pretty good candidate for a Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon scroll.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Skills are probably the most important thing to look at on the enemy status screen.

Conquest chapter 7, for example, with the guys that AoE gently caress your team for 20-40% of their hp after every combat.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is th villager unit in this game useless? Are they more like Donnel?

The only major difference is you get Underdog at 10 instead of 15, and she has archer instead of mercenary+barbarian. You can reclass as early as level 1 though so you may just want to slap a seal on her as soon as you get her.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Actually something I've been wondering, does Attack Stance count as supporting for the purposes of skills like Felicia's? I don't think so but I'm kinda hoping I'm wrong

Anything that causes the character to show up as the second character in battle scenes is considered Supporting. It says so on the bottom screen with a small picture of their face, I believe.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I want to change Odin to be a samurai because the man is in denial, so I did, but I did it with him at level 10, and I was hoping to get the Samurai skills (which i dont even know what they are). is there any way to get those or am I screwed in that regard

You will get them at levels 11 and 12.

The skill system in this game is rad as heck and I much prefer it to Awakening or even PoR and RD.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really dislike that there's no way to exit to the main menu without hard resetting the game. It's a dumb nitpick, but still.

Also I can't decide which of the three available DLC classes I want to make the Villager into on my first Nohr playthrough. It's hard. Dread Fighter is metal as gently caress, Dark Falcon is an early flier and also the Galeforce class, and Great Lord is also really neat. Decisions.

E: I guess you can't even pre-buy Revelations so Dark Falcon is out, makes it a bit easier. I think I'll make her my Great Lord because Dread Fighter's growths are kinda butt.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 20, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I know, I just dislike that you can't suspend game with a menu button or something. My L button sticks and it's really obnoxious.

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's one thing to lose a unit and thus a map when an enemy crits. It's another entirely when you lose because one of your units lands a crit on the enemy turn and takes an unexpected second attack. Sadness.

This has caused me more resets in various Fire Emblem games than any other thing, I think. It's maddening.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Effie's personal skill is huge if she manages to proc her strength growth a couple of times, nothing can stop her once she's on a roll

I made Effie a Dread Fighter and holy poo poo. The higher base strength compliments her personal skill really well, she gets more weapon options and speed, and those loving defenses :stare:

I don't think there's a single downside to this, she's wrecking so much poo poo.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 20, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Before Awakening is so cathartic. After so many restarts to bullshit trying to get past this awful map on Lunatic, being able to sit back and watch Freddie murder all of the everything without having to care about exp is great.

e: ^ Effie is like Ilyana who was my favorite character in both Radiant games so yeah.

e2: Never mind gently caress this map ninjas chain-pulling my healer into the middle of eight enemies is somehow even worse

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 20, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There are exp and gold DLC for Fates, they come out on the 25th and the 3rd respectively. They are the only way to grind in Conquest.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Turning Mozu into a Great Lord: good idea, or great idea?

It's what I'm doing, since I already have both an archer and a Dread Fighter, and it has some pretty solid skills and stats.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I cannot understate how much I absolutely loathe things that pull you into enemies in video games. Why do you do this to me, Fire Emblem?

E: Apparently the stat reduction from using silver weapons stacks unlike all the other debuffs in the game so far? That's really unfortunate.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 20, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Trying to S rank as a male Corrinmui should just result in a Live2D girl/Niles laughing at his inevitably tiny penis.

Uh have you seen Bad Dragon dildos???

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So uh... you can buy Hoshido 2 range staves from other players' castles on a Nohr playthrough and use them normally? You can only buy one item per castle but there isn't a limit on number of castles you can visit.

I almost feel like this is cheating. 2 range healing on a troubador is disgusting.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

alcharagia posted:

i'm on classic. if azura dies in chapter 5 is she perma-dead

I believe so but can't confirm. The people who die in chapter 6 aren't but that's kind of a special case.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Is there a exp penalty for advance classes now? I used a master seal on the MC as soon as he hit level 10 and now he only gets a few points for kills.

There always has been a penalty. Using master seals before 20 is really ill-advised in most cases.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The villager is awesome if you class change her to literally anything else, which you can do at level 1. She's not bad as an archer, you can also get an item to make her a Great Lord once per playthrough from the free DLC by beating it without Chrom Lisse or Fred dying, or a Dread Fighter scroll out of the street pass bonus area by owning the other path of the game. Once Revelations comes out you can get Dark Falcon the same way, and then there's also more DLC classes that come out later.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

There's no real bad units in Conquest, everyone is pretty usable. Laslow's kind of average but he's hardly bad.

I'd actually argue that Arthur is pretty terrible. He can't hit for poo poo and I have multiple units that do the same thing he does but better in every way, which is sad because he's great as a character and I really want him to be able to be good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Does Felicia's buffs for the MU stack with it's buffs for being supported by dudes with a C+ relationship?

Corrin's skill is a buff for people he is supporting, not the other way around. Stuff like that does stack, though. Elise's personal skill stacks with Felicia's if the conditions for both are met, for example.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

dukerson posted:

Reclassed Azama to Apothecary and thought he was a demigod because he started with like 16 Strength and 14 Defense.

...Then I reclassed Mozu to a Great Lord.

Great Lord Mozu makes Donnel look like a chump. She's loving nuts.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

alcharagia posted:

when can i recruit this character

Paralogue 1 will show up between chapters 7 and 8 on either route, you recruit Mozu in that. She comes as a level 1 villager which is a class with bad bases but a skill that gives +10% to all growths, you can immediately class change her to an Archer with a heart seal or use any of the DLC class items, the free DLC that's already out gives you an item that turns a female unit into a Great Lord which is basically Lucina from Awakening.

She's great as anything, takes a bit of work to get her past the initial couple levels because her HP is really low but is absolutely worth the payoff.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dancers are the best unit in all Fire Emblems so that's not really saying anything.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What's the deal with Felicia/Jacob getting normal exp amounts despite being technically a prepromote? Do they cap out at 20 normally? Do they continue getting good exp if you seal them to a different class?

Because hot drat Heart Sealing Felicia to Strategist as soon as you can would make her incredibly good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

...huh. So does that apply to all of their alt class options or does using a heart seal gently caress it up?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Exaccus posted:

They'll still cap out at lvl 40 instead of 20, regardless of what class they're in

I guess making Felicia a strategist is just incredibly good to do then, gotcha.

Her strength is so bad.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The heavily abusive daddy issues certainly explains all the incest and otherwise hosed up relationships you can get in.

Does anyone know how to access weapon naming? When I try to carve name at the forge nothing is able to be named.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

You have to be able to forge something to rename it. To forge you need at least two copies of the weapon you are using and enough minerals of the correct type. For instance you need Sapphires to forge axes and Topaz to forge tomes. The easiest way to get minerals is to visit other castles but it's still really tedious. They really should have just made it really expensive to forge or give a forge a certain number of uses until it reverts to a standard weapon.

The forging system makes sense given that weapons are unlimited durability and more powerful weapons have significant drawbacks. Even forged Iron-tier weapons are going to be exceptionally useful for the entirety of the game, so there has to be some kind of restriction, and getting higher-tier forged stuff is borderline impossible.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Seal Defense is some rough poo poo. Not Lunge rough, but still rough.

I like Fire Emblem being strategically challenging again. I missed this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

alcharagia posted:

congrats, effie, on winning my heart before your competition even showed up

Make her a Dread Fighter. You haven't seen good until you see that.

Getting daggers on a unit with huge strength is like the good old days of bullshit with hand axes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Looper posted:

my odin has way better stats in everything but 1 mag and 1 speed at the same level as nyx idgi, his levels haven't been amazing

He has better bases, she has better growths. Mag in particular you'll start to notice after a few levels.

My Nyx died and I don't really give enough of a drat to use any mage other than Felicia who is kicking rear end as a Strategist so

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 21, 2016

• Locked thread