Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I hung my electric guitar on the wall in my movie room. On a scale of 1-10 how much of a midlife crisis sign is this? Seems pretty bad, but it looks good up there and not sitting in its case. What other signs of midlife crisis should I be on the lookout for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I'd hang mine on the wall instead of having 5 stands cluttering up the corner of the room but I live in an apartment and cant start punching holes in the wall. I think it just means you're utilizing available space which is smart.

edit: wait, do you play it? If no, then yeah, total midlife crisis.

Don't play as much I used to unfortunately :(

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Luvcow posted:

OP i haven't done that since my early 20s so maybe you are just in a young life crisis?

You're playing a guitar right now!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
It's next to a framed rock poster. How much worse does that make it?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Ehud posted:

whic band

Misfits flier

lilljonas posted:

I picked up guitar playing and gym-going when I turned 33, and it was def. early midlife crisis warning.

Still better than becoming a weekend biker on a brand new Harley, or hunting 20yo girls at the bars by the university.

E: the solution is to join a band with a bunch of older guys, suddenly you feel like a newborn baby in comparison. Adverse effects can include playing Creedence, Boston and Foghat songs.

Harley losers are the worst. Literally buying a whole identity kit and kaboodle from the official Harley shop at outrageous prices. Lame.

I actually played in lots of old punk bands in my youth, toured, all the good stuff. But now my guitar is on my wall next to my misfits flier :(

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress. I was chopping jalapeños and washed my hands and still burned my eye when I itched it.

GUESS IM NOT JERKING IT THIS MORNING GOD DAMMIT!!!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Panniculus Rift posted:

where's the worst pl,ace to put your finger if you have chili juice on it:

-eye
-nose
-glans
-butthole

Chili juice in the bum bum shouldn't be that bad if you're already an eater of spicy food :shrug:. I got chili dick once and did the sex act (touched my weiner to guide it in)and she got chili vag anfd really, really mad at me. We were both ice packing ourselves almost immediately. I thought it was kind of funny though. She was latina and i was all, "cmon, you mean this has never happened to you?" Boy...was I really wrong to say that. Angry naked latinas..jfc.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Wait, it's not even a signed guitar or anything? Just some random Fender Squire you decided to hang up? Lame as gently caress.

I had a fender squire bullet back in the day that was rad as gently caress. Whachootalkinabout!?

Here is a bad pic of the guitar I hung on my wall perhaps in a midlife crisis moment:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Unlucky posted:

you dont play at all you foagie fuckface you can lie to yourself but not us

the fact youre even asking should be the answer in itself lol

:negative:
gently caress. First Golden Corral now this. Guess i have to get a Porsche and start bangin 24 year olds while I can still get it up. Kids, don't get old. :corsair:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nooner posted:

lol just .. just lol at anyone over 30

Kill them all. Start with me.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

CabaretVoltaire posted:

What is it a Gretsch ?

I'd say if someone buys an expensive PRS at puts it on their wall then definite midlife crisis but that guitar / poster combo says to me "theme restaurant" so maybe open a theme restaurant ??

Perhaps a small shack? Perhaps a small shack that specializes in a certain foodstuff? Perhaps a hotdog shack?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

reallivedinosaur posted:

Insecurity ITT

The whole point of being old is not giving a gently caress what people think anymore, you are blowing it buddy.

Goons mean the world to me.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I.C. posted:

For serious, instruments are for playing. That is a pretty guitar, but why don't you play it? Put it in a good case if you don't want to play it for now. It's unfair to the guitar and also a temptation for people to go, "Oh, do you play?" and while you say no, they try to take it off the wall and show you the one chord they think they remember.

Lol if you think I let people in my house! *plays Iron Man for my kids incessantly*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I.C. posted:

You can do that on a touch-tone phone!

Non millennial spotted

• Locked thread