Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
Yeah, that move is The Spoiler for Part 3. Speaking of which, can that move be used in story mode, or does the game lock it for authenticity?

Unfortunately, Fighting game terminology is something you can't understand if you haven't learned fighting games by hand. You only understand the terminology and what it means unless you experienced where those terminologies apply. It's like trying to teach your parents how to play Pokemon. But still Kudos for trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It can be used yeah, the secret factor for it later is one of the sillier ones in the game. That's about expected tho for when it pops up tho.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That Tandem combo owned.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aithon posted:

The first time after Zeppeli's death he doesn't, yeah. :smith: And the second time Dio basically got the drop on him.

Araki just didn't seem to be able to draw men who didn't look like exaggerated bodybuilders for a long time. I heard Kakyoin was actually his attempt at drawing an effeminate dude.

And then there's part 6, where Araki literally changes his mind on a character's gender after they are introduced.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Green Intern posted:

And then there's part 6, where Araki literally changes his mind on a character's gender after they are introduced.

Really? Because I really had a hard time determining the gender for the main gang of Part 5 until Trish joined to show what a woman looks like in that arc.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Bit of a random question, but what was the background music that was playing during the Star Finger demonstration? It's maddeningly familiar.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fmArRXjp8

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Bit of a random question, but what was the background music that was playing during the Star Finger demonstration? It's maddeningly familiar.

I think it was the Stardust Crusaders theme from the OST, which generally played in the anime whenever poo poo Went Down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFjE5A4UAJI

EDIT: Dang, beaten by a minute and I was wrong :v:. Darn leitmotifs.

Xad fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 7, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said I used three different themes that all used the same motif up until stand mode happened so it's easy to get confused when you can't hear the finer differences.

Here's the last one I used btw for the supers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn40diTI0sk

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

ArcadePark posted:

Really? Because I really had a hard time determining the gender for the main gang of Part 5 until Trish joined to show what a woman looks like in that arc.

http://imgur.com/fWwwQS9
http://imgur.com/Sgjg2Y2

Character in the middle of the second picture is the same as the character in the first picture.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Update'll be up in a few days until then have this thing I bought and am going to frame and put on my desk while editing

EDIT: Didnmt realize it was that big on my phone, my b

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 11, 2016

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Might want to put that under a timg tag there.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

That Iggy is amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, that's what he looked like when he first appeared in the manga. Then, one week Araki realized he needed to make the dog emote and the rest is history.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, that's what he looked like when he first appeared in the manga. Then, one week Araki realized he needed to make the dog emote and the rest is history.

Indeed, one week Araki decided to make Iggy far less cool

His story arc made up for it I guess but drat, OG Iggy is the best

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
UPDATE

#2: Jean Pierre Polnareff
Mechanics & Terms #1

Polnareff & Chariot
Tiger Balm Garden Stage
Chariot's Speed
Crossfire Hurricane Special
Anne
Creature of the Deep
Captain Tennille
We've Found An Idiot
Impostor Captain Tennille
Pulled Under
Star Finger
Strength
Smart Monkey
Forever
Forever Defeated

Jean Pierre Polnareff
Strength (Forever)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Ugly Iggy was alright but he became far more badass against Pet Shop.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I've seen very little of the Stardust Crusaders manga before Dark Blue Moon. Silver Chariot looks really :black101: in this picture.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Is there some thematic reason I'm missing for the mask showing up on Stand Break? Cause it's really cool and subtle and I want to know.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't know why it's specifically tied to Stand breaking in this game, but I guess because it's an iconic image from the series?

Also how dare this game deprive us of Joseph's pun when removing Pol's flesh bud. I don't know what the pun is in Japanese, but I do know that a pun exists.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 15, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Is there some thematic reason I'm missing for the mask showing up on Stand Break? Cause it's really cool and subtle and I want to know.

There's no thematic reason, it's just Capcom trying to reference every part that was out at the time. Like there's only one other Part 1 reference in the game and it's in Dio's movelist.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

More Specifically, the mask is the Stone Mask from Part 1 that turns Humans into Vampires. I'm gonna put in spoilers, although it is pretty common knowledge nowadays.

It's the very same mask that turns Dio into a Vampire, and is the reason why Part 1, and by proxy Part 3, happened

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
"JoJo's Bizarre QTEs" got a laugh out of me.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So wait are you required to hit a specific direction or do you just need to hit one of the available directions before the thing hits you? I saw the flashing green direction but i don't know if that was what the game wanted you to hit or it was just you pressing that direction.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When it flashes green you have to hit that direction

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

"That's right... You've just been dished out and given the deep six!"

Jotaro what are you talking about?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

ArcadePark posted:

It's the very same mask that turns Dio into a Vampire, and is the reason why Part 1, and by proxy Part 3, happened

It's the reason why everything happens, to some degree or another.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Golden Goat posted:

"That's right... You've just been dished out and given the deep six!"

Jotaro what are you talking about?

Jotaro can't stop thinking about deep dish pizza. It's a character trait that subtly reveals itself over parts 3-8 of JJBA. Sorry for spoilers, but it would be obvious pretty soon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In the middle of making the Kakyoin character video but between Final Round and family visiting for Easter I've been p busy, sorry guys.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NEW VIDEO

Noriaki Kakyoin

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Direction + HCB/HCF is used a lot in Tekken actually.
Off the top of my head King uses it for the great swing grab.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tekken has so many inputs and I used Miguel when I play it who just hits things real thing good, lol.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
King of Fighters also uses a lot of half circles. :v:

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Have I mentioned that I love this thread yet? Because your passion for this game is just lovely, every update just makes my day. :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dscruffy1 posted:

King of Fighters also uses a lot of half circles. :v:

Half circles I'm familiar with. The game actually shows the input in such a strange way though that it looks like only a half-circle when it's more. I had to go online and look up the input to remember what it actually was because it was so strange.

dancingbears posted:

Have I mentioned that I love this thread yet? Because your passion for this game is just lovely, every update just makes my day. :allears:

Ty

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Joseph doesn't have the fastest back-dash speed in the game? Lame!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Joseph doesn't have the fastest back-dash speed in the game? Lame!

Seriously? Hot drat. That's kind of weird.

"Bring it on". There, I said it. It's out of my system. No it's not. Those poses are beautiful.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Baal posted:

Half circles I'm familiar with. The game actually shows the input in such a strange way though that it looks like only a half-circle when it's more. I had to go online and look up the input to remember what it actually was because it was so strange.

The main command for Geese Howard's Raging Storm has one of the most bizarre decisions for choice of input ever. Whoever thought that one up had to be on something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NEW UPDATE

#3: True Scoundrels
Mechanics and Fighting game terms coverage #2 GO

Devo the Cursed 1 2
Ebony Devil
Silver Chariot vs Ebony Devil
Devo Defeated 1 2 3
Hotel Room
Torture Rack