Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

YeOldeButchere posted:

Speaking of heresy, I can't wait until the group inevitably attracts inquisitorial attention. Half of them are probably "purge on sight!" as far as the Ordo Xeno and Ordo Hereticus are concerned. And attracting the attention of the Ordo Malleus comes with its own set of problems, like "why are there demons everywhere?"

Just you wait. It's even worse than you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

We're basically going to have to coast by on a really good reputation with the Imperial Navy and do our absolute best to never attract direct attention from the Inquisition. The most common line between all our characters is that a good half of us have poor relations with the Ecclesiarchy.

The ship itself has a poor reputation with the Ecclesiarchy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Here's everyone's favorite arms dealer subversion agent diplomatic representative of the Tau'va.

...Now that I take a good look at this picture, Grey you got lazy! :argh:

code:
Shas'ui Vior'la M'yen T'suam, "Mia"

Tau Fire Warrior

WS 20
BS 45
S  30
T  40
Ag 45
In 45
Pe 30
WP 40
Fe 40

Skills
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (Tau Empire)
Common Lore (Imperium)
Dodge
Logic
Literacy
Speak Language (Tau)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) 
Tech-Use

Talents
Fire Caste Weapon Training
Marksman
New Allies
Rapid Reload
Supporting Fire
Unshakeable Faith

Traits
Classified Competence: Windstrider
\Glorified Guardian, but requires me to be in a vehicle.  Lets me take hits for people.
For the Greater Good!
\If I'm being ordered to do something, I can claim a 1/encounter +10 bonus to that thing.  If it puts me in danger, +30.
Non-Imperial
\I take penalties to knowing things about the Imperium.
Speak Not Unto the Alien
\I take social penalties with Imperials, and the crew is uneasy due to my presence.

Equipment
Good Craftsmanship Pulse Rifle
Best Craftsmanship Pulse Pistol
3 Tau Photon Grenades
Tau Combat Armor
\Blacksun Filter
\Micro-bead
\Translator Unit

Acquisition
Good Craftsmanship Drone Controller
\Shield Drone, Markerlight Drone
I'm not keeping track of what's cost me experience and what hasn't because secrets.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 23, 2016

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Oh sweet Throne. How the hell am I going to be able to listen to this and the Star Wars campaign logs.
Bring it on I guess, I'll have to find a way.

Can't wait to hear the reasons why a Tau of all races are in the party. I've already given a friend an aneurysm by mentioning it. :D

I'm an arms dealer/pseudo-diplomat. If something feels off, there's a reason for it.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

My friend was mostly ranting about the Tau would have no real reasons to work together with Imperials and such. Although that explanation almost works as a reason why.

I'm openly attempting to absorb this Rogue Trader's nascent trade empire into the Tau Empire, and claim a piece of the Expanse in the name of the Tau'va. Good enough?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

apostateCourier would play a sneaky spy Tau.

Twist: it turns out it's an Ork with a Tau mask on.

There's nothing sneaky about my spying! :v: I'm taking advantage of the current tyranid-fueled ceasefire between the Tau Empire and the Imperium of Man. It lets me be super blatant about claiming technically neutral territory in the name of the Tau'va. Granted, taking Wenzeslaus along with me might be stretching the terms of the ceasefire a bit, but... well. Omelets, eggs.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

Like how well your warp jump went?

We accidentally found prime real estate for a second Footfall- we don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

THIS time.
remind me again what happened to your OTHER ship?

The front fell off. But Remi assured us that this is a highly unusual event, and shouldn't be taken as part of a trend.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Aaaaand I wasn't there to sort out the confusion. Welp.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

killroy225 posted:

When do you guys record your sessions, I'm waiting with baited breath to see where ya'll take this!

We're mid-session right now!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

You guys have social skills, right?

Some of us do! Like, three of us! Unfortunately I take a penalty for social stuff! :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

:negative:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Any idea what those capes will actually do for us, other than look cool, Grey?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Stripper poles made of solid cocaine.

That would cause more problems than it would be worth.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

No doubt, but do keep in mind that Inquisitors are extremely rare, especially in the Expanse, and those that are here have very little to draw on so far from their seat of power.

They're in our house and we haven't broken our Warrant- especially given the (shaky) alliance(ish) between the Tau and the Imperium! :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Snark posted:

"We will engage in every kind of heresy except for Chaos heresy" - last words of the Unyielding Sword's captain before being executed by the Ordos Xenos.

Pfft, we're a Rogue Trader crew, we're allowed to deal directly* with xenos!** :v:

*To an intentionally vague degree.
**Depending upon the Warrant of Trade.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 18, 2016

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

YeOldeButchere posted:

That's a good point. If your seneschal appears to be on the level, then it means you're probably the one they're trying to screw over.

Note that this applies to both of our seneschals! :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ygmir posted:

I just assume everything out of his mouth is an attempt to swindle me.

What about me?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Is anyone else concerned about the relationship between the Captain and the Tau

I'm not.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ygmir posted:

Why should I be concerned about my relationship with the Tau, they gave me a good soldier, are giving us a bunch of tools, and are sending over some technicians to supplement the Mechanicus, they seem perfectly trustworthy to me.

We are! We genuinely have your best interests in mind and at heart.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I missed the session because I was flying/driving home! Oh noooooooo

From the way Skype was blowing up it seems like I missed a good one. :negative:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

Well, someone with BS or command might have come in handy.

So this was literally the worst session for me to miss, gotcha. I should've hopped on via smartphone during the drive.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I missed this session because I am desperately trying to get over an illness and also trying to fix my sleep schedule which has shattered due to it.
:negative:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

Typical Tau - goes into the warp, causes trouble, then leaves and says "oh no, we didn't see anything WEIRD like that. Are you sure you're sleeping right. would you like a helping of Greater Good to calm your nerves?"

Also I was v confused since the session isn't for 2 hours. Right? RIGHT?!

My sense of time is so completely destroyed right now that I did not realize that it wasn't Saturday yet. I do not feel well.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

200- Pilot (personal) <Elite Advance>

It is time.

300- Nerves of Steel Iron Blooded

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 5, 2016

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Helical Nightmares posted:

That's some amazing restraint.

Also latest Karl featuring Rouge Trader...interrogation. Or something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4m8SIeXCps

We have made the incredibly rash decision to backstab the most prominent and strong rogue trader dynasty in the Expanse. This is incredibly stupid.
Unfortunately, I obey my captain. :negative:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ygmir posted:

You get a bonus to literally all rolls you make against him or his forces now though, because you have orders to assist in the absorption of his dynasty.

That's only once per scene though!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

And they complain about my DEATH IS GOOD schtick when they're the ones making awful decisions like this one-after-another.

I'm not complaining about any of our decisions. They're bad, which makes them fun. I'm complaining about not being allowed to lust for death when everyone else clearly does as well, but are necrotically repressed about it :colbert:

The problem with your lust for death was that it was 100% one note as hell.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

So many incredibly quotable lines. This slipped my notice, and catching up is hurting my sides from laughter.

I'm glad you're enjoying the show! Feel free to throw in specific reactions here, I'm sure the rest of the crew would love to hear what you think.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

SWMadness posted:

Eleven sessions into this campaign, I wonder if it would be possible to get a quick recap of character/general plot shenanigans sometime?

Also if those ships that got lost in the warp during the battle don't factor into this campaign anywhere down the line I'm going to be sincerely disappointed.

I just really like that we routed three cruisers after diving straight into the lion's den. My design works. :smugdog:

As for a recap, I'm sure we can sort that out!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Re: recap.

I'm honestly surprised no one has made a wiki for all of Grey Hunter's games yet.

There are rpg podcasters with less total hours of material by an order of magnitude that have wikis with breakdowns of settings, characters, etc.

No one's stopping you.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Don't tempt me.

Also I have a wicked backlog :negative:

I believe that's what I just did! :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

TL:DR Version. Black Crusade Here we come.

Hey, as soon as we figure out our new partner in crime is a chaos heretic we're severing ties by way of lance battery.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ygmir posted:

What is this concept of plan B, I only understand Board and Capture.

...That's why I'm here, Lord Captain.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

No update this week, and Helical Nightmares what have you done? :negative:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I accept your apology, dice.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mia legitimately doesn't know enough about Eldar to treat her as anything other than a lonely, isolated person who needs help. Granted, she'd probably treat her that way anyway! :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Depicted in this episode: a ship battle we don't win.

...that's never happened to us before.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

Truly it is the End Times.

Also XP spend -
Unarmed Warrior - Elite, 1000 XP

Gonna suplex some duders. Will have to enquire if I can still POWA KLAW while wrasslin. (Would have also suplexed the Eldar Wraithguard, but, you know, can't be made prone)

They got knocked over during that fight, you could've.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The reason why it was knocked prone is because I literally cut the leg off of it. It couldn't avoid being knocked prone!!

There was another one that got knocked over, wasn't there?

• Locked thread