Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Here's hoping something good happens this month like Bill Shorten brain farting out another gnarly ice-burn before reverting back to spirit-animal suit-monster form.

In my years of lurking D&D AUSPOL I've not actually seen any month end up on a happier note than the last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Where did I see the graph with the house pricing and GDP over time and some boomer comments about hard work? I want to show it to dad and convince him to give me more pocket money

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is this it? El Scotch quoted it last thread:

That's the one for some reason I thought it was in the millennial thread cheers

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Yeah I would say it is very much for testing pills. I remember a batch of ecstacy going around in perth 15 years ago that had something that wasnt mdma in it and killed a few people. I think it was PMA but no sure

hooman posted:

gently caress harm reduction anything good, lets arrest people volunteering to try and help reduce mortality at music festivals! be horrible people.

Holy poo poo LNP Labor/Coalition.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Frogmanv2 posted:

Part of the problem is people taking their entire days supply of pingers in one go.

Clearly the solution is to have different caps of gelatin that break down at different rates, so you can put your pingers inside those, and then take em all, and they will kick in over a delayed time period, and not all at once.

The answer is a state run ecsacy dispensary with guaranteed purity and subsidised pinga machines in every club (which are free to open 24h a day)

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

LibertyCat posted:

If you're serious I'd be happy to make an effortpost that tries to be fair to all sides. Will post a draft here near the end of the month for approval if you want.

I think the fact that noone has any objections to you doing this speaks volumes about auspol and its green bias.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

April will be amazing

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

The way technolgy is now, especially the advances in agriculture and automation, I reckon we are only a short half century or so away from automating everything if we want. But we wont want to because money/power/reasons/we grew here you flew here/we are old money where are your bootstraps etc

There will always be somone who is horrifed by the idea of an existence where they don't have more then someone else. There will always be someone placing great emphasis on punishing someone they don't percieve as putting enough work in.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I don't see any issue with automation itself, and Im sure most here wouldnt either if it meant people werent necessarily punished for struggling to finding what ever scraps of jobs are left over. The problem isn't automation, its the fact that we dont know what the gently caress to do if we arent working and paying tax.

I know there are unemployed people out there that aren't even trying to look.for a job, and I dont have any solution for that problem. Out of interest I wonder what percentage of the unemployed choose to be that way.

Edit: Why would i ask my local blacksmith (?) what he thinks about it? I said in 50 years I believe we can automate everything. Why would he be against the idea of having his job automated when the idea of money doesnt matter because it isn't a thing anymore?

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 6, 2016

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Do you care what sort of work you get?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Zenithe posted:

Absolutely not. Only can't work during the day on Monday or Tuesday. I'm studying prerequisites to get into a masters, and part time study and no job is actually really boring.

Agreed. Im inbetween jobs (or careers really) and am just doing part time stuff at the moment. It really isnt easy finding jobs, and having a rental + small amount of savings Id be interested to hear an answer about the centrelink thing myself.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Please don't scare Liberty Cat into not making April thread :ohdear:

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Will this country ever not be terrible?

Asking for an unpatriotic friend

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Day left, but good month of lurking for me thanks all. Is the libertarian guy still got bagsies on OP next month?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Nice one bruv

Edit: for the record I reckon the links n poo poo in the old OPs are still worth it. Lots of people would stumble in for a look I reckon.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

When Indonesia someone invades us, it is fair to call it an invasion, because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Seems pretty good, sorry I doubted you.

Would be good to have a summary or what happened in march somewhere.

• Locked thread