Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

jBrereton posted:

Reach for the stars, my man. Wet wipes and flushable feminine hygiene products truly out of sight and out of mind. A new dawn of not flipping up the bathroom bin lid to chuck a couple of razor blades out and trying not to be grossed out by your s/o / housemate's ladycrap.
The sad truth is automation can't really solve everything and if we care about the planet there's going to need to be a bunch of small everyone pitches in kind of changes in day to day life on how we do things to make the world a sustainable place for our future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

The sad truth is automation can't really solve everything and if we care about the planet there's going to need to be a bunch of small everyone pitches in kind of changes in day to day life on how we do things to make the world a sustainable place for our future.
"Guess about 40 years out of all human history trying to minimize how lovely your periods were was enough, ladies; we're putting all our tampax designers and pad architects to use trying to work out how to make mass transit appealing to Americans instead. You'll thank us later. Peace."

naem
May 29, 2011

Somehow they never see the villagers and their pitchfork/torches coming

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
jBrereton : Tampon warrior.

Seriously though, yes, my gf had no idea why they were flushing the loving things. And I've opened the trashcan in the bathroom many times to put razors and stuff in, and I've never seen a disgusting bloody mess. It's always wrapped in some pouch or TP or whatever so you cant even see it. It's not a big deal.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah and 'flushable' wet wipes are in the process of destroying the sewer systems of everywhere they're used. Just cause something says it's flushable on it's wrapper doesn't actually mean it's really safe to flush. Toilet paper is pretty much the only man made thing outside your excrement that belongs in the toilet and if you haven't l learned that by the time you're an adult you're probably functionally retarded.

Anything is flushable if you try hard enough. I dropped a glass of wine in the toilet while peeing once, and I just had to smash it up with the handle end of the toilet brush to get it to go down just fine, with zero repercussions.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

jBrereton posted:

"Guess about 40 years out of all human history trying to minimize how lovely your periods were was enough, ladies; we're putting all our tampax designers and pad architects to use trying to work out how to make mass transit appealing to Americans instead. You'll thank us later. Peace."

I dunno why you keep trying to turn this into a specifically gendered problem, the same is true for wet wipes which are unisex. The reality is the number of things that can safely navigate their way from your toilet to a wastewater treatment plant is incredibly small, and the amount of renovations required to change this reality are staggeringly high. I dunno if you have even the most remote of grasps on just how vast plumbing networks are and what it would take to renovate them all but we're talking about a scale beyond your comprehension.There is also very little different in terms of ease of use between something flushable and something you have to throw away other than how often you have to take garbage out, all you have to do is not put it in the toilet; that's literally the only barrier here.

Also let's not pretend you're the progressive one here when you're the one who said

jBrereton posted:

Reach for the stars, my man. Wet wipes and flushable feminine hygiene products truly out of sight and out of mind. A new dawn of not flipping up the bathroom bin lid to chuck a couple of razor blades out and trying not to be grossed out by your s/o / housemate's ladycrap.
i don't think most women are as squeamish of period blood as you are. Personally I can't say I have ever minded throwing out my girlfriend's hygiene products.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
its funny that people like to call womens genetalia flowers and poo poo when in truth women are rly gross

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Ahundredbux posted:

its funny that people like to call womens genetalia flowers and poo poo when in truth women are rly gross

Human bodies are disgusting and I can't wait for sex robots.

Also I will replace my own body with a sex robot's.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Ahundredbux posted:

I wish the flowers in my landscaping would spray blood and piss and mucousy discharge. It'd keep the goddamn squirrels from eating my tulips every spring.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Its all recyclable op read a book

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Around 2005 I knew this old lady who was a mother of a friend who died in 1999. She once told me that the girl upstairs was throwing her used sanitary towel out of the window and they were littered about the garden

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

criscodisco posted:

Anything is flushable if you try hard enough. I dropped a glass of wine in the toilet while peeing once, and I just had to smash it up with the handle end of the toilet brush to get it to go down just fine, with zero repercussions.

mum get off the internet

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
The math in the OP seems a little fishy. I think they took a lifetime trash production and made it into a monthly measurement. Of ciurse it's late so maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

amityville anus posted:

I wish men had a box of worthless poo poo to send women out to buy every month

Condoms? Seems pretty worthless to me.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

yes bc you never get to use them Huge Obamacare Fan

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

No. Condoms are worth their weight in cigarettes in the pokey

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008
Why aren't the little trashcan things in every stall? One place I worked at had 18 stalls, and only 2 of them (at the far end) had little bins. And so many restaurants just don't have one at all (and often no bin outside either because they have a hand dryer instead of paper towels, wtf are you meant to do with them? Carry a bloody tampon wrapped in tp in your bag the rest of the night? Hand it to staff to dispose of?)

It's like walking into a stall and realising there's no tp.

Lol at that article "The real green winner would seem to be menstrual cups, which you insert like a tampon"
Not unless you have a vagina that gapes open the diameter of a golf ball and have no sensation down there.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

mods change my name to "tampon warrior" thanx

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Strong Convections posted:

Why aren't the little trashcan things in every stall? One place I worked at had 18 stalls, and only 2 of them (at the far end) had little bins. And so many restaurants just don't have one at all (and often no bin outside either because they have a hand dryer instead of paper towels, wtf are you meant to do with them? Carry a bloody tampon wrapped in tp in your bag the rest of the night? Hand it to staff to dispose of?)

It's like walking into a stall and realising there's no tp.

Lol at that article "The real green winner would seem to be menstrual cups, which you insert like a tampon"
Not unless you have a vagina that gapes open the diameter of a golf ball and have no sensation down there.

How about some 4' posts covered in tampon material? We put them in restrooms (and various public areas i.e. bus stops) and women can just grind on them as needed. Once a week a service will change the material.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Edgar posted:

I literally in real life had to shovel out 5 gallon buckets at a time, loads of tampon applicators that women flush down the toilet out of a digester tank so I can sandblast the pipes. Climbing up a ladder trying not to vomit hauling up that mess of tampon applicators, the ring portion of condoms, various seeds, mysterious globs, and being meshed together with pounds of hair. While dodging falling urine-esque crystals when sandblasting, that stuff hurts.

so ladies, when you flush your applicator. just remember the poor ol' guys like myself who have to manually shovel that out of deep dank multi million gallon tanks.

edit, the floor is slopped towards a jet black pool that can't be pumped out all the way.. don't disturb the pool...

An anaerobic digester? Definitely want to drink the black pool.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

criscodisco posted:

I wish the flowers in my landscaping would spray blood and piss and mucousy discharge. It'd keep the goddamn squirrels from eating my tulips every spring.

What women have you met that spray their menstrual blood? It's more of a steady stream of misery irl, just so you know.
The worst thing about periods is when the flow is too heavy to be contained, and you look like a horror movie victim from the crotch down. Bad times, my friends.

On a side note, how many of you men have earned your red wings? I ask because the thought of anyone/anything touching me sexually during my period makes me want to heave so I don't understand why men having sex with women on their periods is supposed to be a mark of manhood or some poo poo.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
the thought of touching women,, unthinkable

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
Did you know that fish are getting hosed up and mutated because of all the birth control lady hormones that women pee out? Women truly are destroying the earth. We should send them to Venus where their womanly pollution will have little effect on the already toxic environment there.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lol at whoever changed my av and thinks I hate women

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

jBrereton posted:

lol at whoever changed my av and thinks I hate women

it suits you

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Can't we just install an incinerator in the base of the toilet?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

BigwigML posted:

Did you know that fish are getting hosed up and mutated because of all the birth control lady hormones that women pee out? Women truly are destroying the earth. We should send them to Venus where their womanly pollution will have little effect on the already toxic environment there.

It's p hilarious though because men that eat the fish grow titties. All men should be slowly turned into women by eating mutant fish.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

dog buttz posted:

Can't we just install an incinerator in the base of the toilet?

Or a laser grid like in Cube to chop up everything that falls through it into little pieces.

ur evolving soon
Mar 8, 2016

by Lowtax
vaginas r so gross only guys can have cheese dicks which needs to be cleansed by jewish circumcision amputation witchcraft

if you go camping and become to get back into your tribal state ur schizo etc

women dont poo poo and dont fart because they r angels etc

mark is a little boy with a baby dick

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It sounds to me that the problem is the disposables, not the periods. You could just as easily blame diapers, or those little meat pads that the chicken is packed in (which are really just maxi pads when you think about it).

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
They should just make panties with a little pocket you can fill with clumping kitty litter.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

spud posted:

and I've never seen a disgusting bloody mess. It's always wrapped in some pouch or TP or whatever so you cant even see it. It's not a big deal.
Yeah the pads are sticky backed so you can wrap them up in a little cylinder with the ladygoop inside and then just slide it in the plastic wrapper your fresh pad came in. same with tampon applicators.

Tampons themselves if the plumbing cant handle it you just wrap up in tp and then bury it down a little in the wastebasket like a cat hiding its poop

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
y not the diva cup i ask

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
maybe if you have a milk pail for a pussy

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
What the gently caress is actually wrong with arbitraryc's broken little monkey brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

katlington posted:

Its all recyclable op read a book
More specifically a cookbook, because you can bake that poo poo into cookies and stuff.

• Locked thread