Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What is your earliest memory?

For me, I remember sitting in front of the TV and watching George H W Bush leave office. I remember saying something along the lines of "thanks for being our president". I recall my parents being impressed I said that.

I peaked that year and it's been all down hill after that.

So tell me goons, what is your earliest memory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I remember being a foetus in my mother's womb. Everything was a pink-red and whoosh-y and I made a little fist and bumped it against the uterine wall.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
the berlin wall being torn down and David Hasselhoffs wicked lite brite jacket

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

leaning against a tree at a park, head-to-trunk. then my grandma called me over and i ran to her car. i must have been around the age of four. strangely enough, i can recall that at that exact moment, i had an image of the nativity scene in my head and i don't know why.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Driving with my aunt to get clothes for my other aunt's wedding. In those days that road was still paved with brick

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

My great-grandma gave me an easter egg and told me I should brush my teeth right after I ate it. I was about three or four I guess. She had a stroke not long after that and spent the next ten years before death as a semi-aware husk of the woman she had been.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
sitting on cheap carpet, legs sprawled out, thinking "huh i'm five and i can read. i guess i'm doing okay so far."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's a toss up between playing Yars Revenge on my cousins 2600 Atari or seeing Return of the Jedi in a theater.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The big bang

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
being really anxious about crossing a street with a single car coming and waiting indecisively before i decided to just go for it and ended up running right in front of the car. i wasnt hurt, but i probably pissed off that driver something fierce.

i was a very stupid child (and remain a stupid adult).

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
clicking on this thread. Life is disappointing

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Either sitting in a baby's basket looking at who I'm pretty sure was my cousin Garnet or being at the hospital when I was getting tubes put in my ears, specifically laying in a hospital bed with a nurse lowering an anesthetic mask with a thick orange sponge-seal over my face. I had a lot of nightmares over the oxygen mask scene as a kid and I'm still scared of hospitals because of it.

Not sure which happened first.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
the Challenger exploding on live television

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
making this post is my earliest memor

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
but I won't remember it tomorrow

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My dad bringing home a turtle and making me pick it up. I was terrified and did not want to touch it.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
taking a poo poo on my trainer toilet, i think i was three?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Satan visiting my crib. Nuthin special I guess.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Methanar posted:

Either sitting in a baby's basket looking at who I'm pretty sure was my cousin Garnet or being at the hospital when I was getting tubes put in my ears, specifically laying in a hospital bed with a nurse lowering an anesthetic mask with a thick orange sponge-seal over my face. I had a lot of nightmares over the oxygen mask scene as a kid and I'm still scared of hospitals because of it.

Not sure which happened first.

First time I had anesthetic I remember having to count backwards from like 20, then smelling something like nail polish remover, then hallucinating blacklight colored transformers standing as if in honor guard. That was young enough that there was no difference between hallucinating and regular dreams or whatever, but I knew it was less "real." Then I woke up after a timeless time, went back to sleep. Later on I puked a lot of blood.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I looked at a pool. The pool had a sickly coloration to it.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
posting in this thread

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Baby coffins for sale! Baby coffins! Trade your basket for a casket! A pine box for her golden locks! Two for the price of one, your daughter and your son! Take a sarcophagus from off of us! A funeral may seem more proper, but I can tell that you're a savvy shopper!

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

4 years old, eating a grape popsicle and getting the side of my head sewn up at the doctor. I ran into the corner of a wall.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
My older brother age 5 fell into a lake off a pier. My old man basically dropped me and dove in after him. My brother was fine. I needed stitches in my head. I was three.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Being thrown into a crib at our family friends house for some reason.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
posting in this thread

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
being 2 with a case of the "mondays"

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
3rd birthday of Wham! breaking up.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
my conception

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
My dad was trying to get my mom pregnant again when she was having me on a pile of old dog beds in the laundry room, and I had to slide down his cock like a fireman's pole.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I remember getting a coonskinned cap and a bb gun. I ended up shooting the neighbor's ostriches. it was my 4th birthday.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

playing with a fisher price roly poly chime bird

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
posting in this thread

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
It's less than a second long, and still disturbingly vivid.

When I was 3 or 4, there was a power outage at my house. In the darkness, trying to find a flashlight, child-me tripped over a small foam AFL football - I slammed headfirst into the lacquered cork floor and knocked out my two top right incisors.

I remember the fall. The moment after I tripped to a moment before I hit the ground. And the fear. Nothing else.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
about ten minutes ago

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Nation posted:

about ten minutes ago

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Sitting in one of those baby mobiles down the hall from the kitchen were my mom is doing dishes.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I remember that orgy where you were conceived.
We didn't know if you would come out white, black, eskimo, or dog, at the time.

What I'm saying is your mother was cool.
And a slut.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
For years I had this memory about leaving a funeral with my father. It must have been late spring/early summer as it was warm and sunny, and I passed a large, full tree on my way to a row of cars parked next to a green hill. This was really strange as according to my sisters and as far as I knew, I've never been to a funeral. It wasn't until this last Christmas that I discussed it with my mom and she finally figured out what it was: My sister's old art teacher had died and we had gone to her funeral while my sisters were at school. I must have been around two, as I was old enough to toddle towards the cars on my own.

So for like 25 years, I thought I had a weird ghost memory of a funeral I'd never been to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I remember flinging breakfast cereal around and laughing while in a high chair and then having my face pushed into the bowl. No idea how old I was, couldn't have been more than three though, because of the chair.

• Locked thread