Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

VideoGames posted:

Well it was interesting, I just don't think I got detailed instructions on how it works. I hit a formation and then analyse. Then I hit the other button and did the same thing and nothing really happened except the percentage changed. I don't really get it :(

Yes, welcome to CCP's New Player Experience, where there is a thing you must do but hahaha no we're not going to tell you HOW to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Siets posted:

I actually think the in-game tutorial videos that they added are pretty good. It's just a shame the game doesn't thrust them straight into the face of new players and instead forces them to dig through the Help menu to find them.

Click the "?" for Help which may or may not be buried in your top-left "E" icon, then click on the Tutorial Videos tab for these. Made by CCP, concise and quick, and should tell you 80-90% of what you need to know about the base game mechanics to do what is on the opportunities map.

That's a thing? :psyduck:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

More importantly when is your AMA?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Well, that and you need to post your introduction thread in FYAD. Once accepted they will press the button to reveal the goon subforum

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

CainFortea posted:

That's for the whole thread. Not individual posts. You know what I meant. :colbert:

Also we have smilies. Fuckin awesome smilies. :huh:

:pgabz:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

Zephyrine, your posting in this thread has always been p. good and you seem like a good person. Have fun doing whatever new space things await you. Or just join groon. We desperately need a competent JF pilot. Malks gonna burn out again and we'll just be stuck with tim! :cry:

I would love to see what she would do with pBump

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

:boom:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Normally I would not recommend DBRB fleets, but he's honestly a loving riot when it comes to flying swordfleets.

I have tried several times to go on his fleet, and IDK, I am either too old and feebleminded to extract useful information from the stream of consciousness barrage over comms or insufficiently ADD or whatever but I have had to admit to myself I just cannot go on DBRB fleets. I feel on the road to recovery now :unsmith:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

I can honestly say that the reddit thread is the last thing I wanted.

And I have to be truthful about why I'm leaving. If I say "toodles!" and just run off then people will get the wrong idea.

No that was your opportunity to go into more detail about just WTF you are talking about. And since you are blacklisted anyway you should spill, otherwise it all looks like the same baseless BS we've seen tossed around elsewhere.

(I am sorry to see you go however and wish you would change your mind and head to Syndicate)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the viceroy thing was bad and dumb

Or awesome because it kicked them into a frothing rage that brought us here

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Good luck Vyst!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

vyst posted:

Thanks for the kind words folks. And just fyi I think they said they took 25 lbs of skin off.

That's a pretty extreme move just to win the Biggest Loser.

How you feeling?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

OWLS! posted:

Say goodbye to Groon
For the triple offenses of being completely useless, being terrible posters and generally just a collection of ***gots Groon as been kicked from the alliance and their standings have been dropped. Any Groon who meet our recruitment requirements are welcome to apply to Goonfleet. To the rest, take care!

We have no intention of removing any of the OTHER non-goon corps at this time. We're also finalizing our plan for restructuring and you should have some information any day. Enjoy the Groon hunt, if you can find any. This mistake has been rectified.

Was this darius ALLCAPS?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dalael posted:

I'm confused too. I said that thing in reference to this post here:

So I don't know.
Yeah that isn't a recent post.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

A majestic man cut down far too prematurely by that bison

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Vando posted:

I'm actually interested in what the dname crew are actually proposing that GSF+co should do. Like you want us to not be in Saranen and shooting mans wherever possible because that means... what? Unless the point is you want someone here to say "yes good point holy poo poo my eyes are opened we cannot live in Dek it is time to honorably disband the alliance" because I have some bad news if that's your goal.

"Stop fighting us so we can be happy with our already declared victory and can go do something else because we are bored"?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Richard Bong posted:

The Fabian Strategy may work better in real life where this is all you have, but in Eve you can go to another corp, gently caress off to wormholes, or just not play anymore. Do they really think people will hang around for 6 months of sword fleets from Saranen?

Given yesterday's fireside, and today's shenanigans in Saranen, I'd say leadership is already out in front of this issue.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Holy hell take your meds Paco

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Querns everything alright?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I prescribe a nice glass of the whiskey of your choice. You're more amped up than I have ever seen you :ohdear:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Meanwhile...nice snipe

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Regrettable Drunk posted:

Also, deadtear responding to me. Truly I am blessed.

Um, all it takes is posting terribly HTH

e. hahaha new word filter discovered

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Nietzschean posted:

The best part of last night's fights was that it was not one of our ~Big Name FCs~ but dudes like Pittsburgh2989 and Thomas Lear who did pretty much all of the setting up and the killing. Other folks showed up and inserted themselves into the directorbot pings and command channels, and Laz formed up baltecs after the fight was already over to snipe some feroxes as everything was withdrawing, but we had a couple of ~relative nobodies~ actually get to fly spaceships and shoot mans and make decisions and do important things.

It was great, and we need more of it. :unsmith:

Pittsburgh and Thomas are pretty good FCs to fly under. We actually have quite a number of decent newer FCs on the rise.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

FordPRefectLL posted:

Are you judging me based on my lord Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's appearance

I could only hope to be him

Prosecution rests.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Why would nobody suggest just taking a shuttle to Video Games? They are fairly fast align and warping, and are cheap as dirt.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Endie posted:

"The Vilyfication"
OK, this was a pretty good post.

Hubbl3 posted:

As far as I know the policy was "When you are coming back and putting in work again we will promote you". Doing nothing for weeks gets you demoted, putting in :effort: gets you promoted.
Thing is, he HAS been active in the past few weeks. Not trying to keep the drama train rolling but this is an observable fact.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

You can quit whenever you want right? :catdrugs:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dad banned. So what.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Because nobody has ever been poo poo on on Something Awful, an Internet comedy website

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Nope. He'd be purged as soon as he got in.

Edit - https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/lj%20roos

he made it a couple hours longer in GW so well done him

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Looks painful to mule though

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

EVE Online: We're Playing Space Politics Calvinball.

VideoGames please do the needful

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

VideoGames please do the needful

Thanks! :swoon:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

MysteriousThing posted:

I have been playing this game for years and it keeps getting better.
Now that I have been elected to the CSM I can work towards making this wonderful game even better.

-Xenuria

Hahaha that rap sheet.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

At least they were lucky with the loot drop

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Should have said 'recent' losses

Was a conversation with a dev guy who did our srp coding so can't copy paste. Whether it's true or not doesn't make your assertion that zkill misses kills true. Show me a (recent) example.

There, this is how you refute anecdotal claims UP

Thanks, I'll tell my friend he's full of poo poo :)

Losses to Concord or any NPCs don't show on zkill I thought.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sorry to hear about your dog

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Wear GROON shirts

aw hell yeah! Wearing mine today

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

That was a good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Glory of Arioch posted:

ngl i am betting this year's CSM is going to be the least productive in history, and it won't even be xenuria's fault

So far Xenuria's efforts appear focused on Elysium, which has driven me to shut jabber off. This has had the added side benefit of making me more productive at work so yay?

e. also, today, Paco lit up. Thanks VG! :argh:

• Locked thread