Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I still hold out hope for Shark Game 2. Where is that poster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eldercain posted:

Higher level worlds have stronger climate modifiers and I think give more essence. The world types all have specific growth rate buffs and debuffs. You should try them early as later on some of the negative ones are pretty crushing
Essence is ceil(level/5) or something like that. It's discontinuous and the creator posted the formula in the last thread but I believe that's it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
113% post-ascension :smuggo:

...it won't be enough to get me to R47 :smithicide:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I don't understand why the Realm Grinder devs are hellbent on updating their game with ugly new pixel graphics rather than actual content and leaving well enough alone.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Aurora posted:

The new art looks great, sorry about your taste
Shrug, it doesn't change the gameplay at all so I'm probably disposed to hate it because it's new and different, you know?

Sindai posted:

They're doing both and the art isn't delaying anything since it's contracted out to actual artists.
Now THIS is good news. I actually thought they were doing both but doing the art in-house. I should probably also quit because getting to 177.8 No gems post-ascension is a huge pain in the dick and the next reincarnation will take 100x as much and long-run goblins are boring.

...is there hotter tech than long-run goblins I don't know about? I doubt it, but I'm still asking.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ineptitude posted:

Done with archwizard! Took 11 days 14 hours, in R36.
Only trophy left now is the 750 iron stronghold one, which i am not sure how to get. I used a build i found a guide for but could only get 600, which is a very long way from 750.
I assume you already have the challenge that makes your buildings count as more buildings, the Dwarf or whatever one. It's trivial post-ascension if you're willing to wait (because its requirements change), but if not just get to the end of your R and go neutral mercs with dwarf (1,2) for the multiplier reduction. I tried Goblin bloodline for even more cost reduction but ended up actually using old-Demon (the flat +mana regen), but Druid should work fine too, your goal is to go Tax Collection > mercs > Goblin's Greed > pay for upgrades with those FC > wait until 4:50 and jam all your spells at once and buy max Strongholds.

No gem power doesn't stop Goblin's Greed from keying off those, so you still get FC, and it's super cheap so you can Tax Collection for your first few FC to get Greed itself. Ruby Power isn't prohibited, so that can give you a few bonus assistants. Where specifically are you getting stuck?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Beasteh posted:

I'm at R21 now and it seems the biggest timesinks at this point preventing me from steamrolling every R are the challenges (2 hours worth of spell duration this run, christ) and advanced researches needing 1000 of a certain spell to be cast or whatever.

Hopefully it gets better?
The goal is to have enough mana regen that two hours of spell duration takes two hours and 1000 spellcasts takes 1000*spell duration. And then you only have to do them once and you're good to go!

(might not be feasible immediately, but Druidline goes a LONG way.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ineptitude posted:

You mention a merc build but im not able to get anywhere near the E55 coins required to even start on mercs. I get to E43 coins, with Elven bloodline and Titans. Elven bloodline is even the only bloodline that lets me unlock neutral factions in the first place, the other bloodlines only get to mid E15 coins in the 5 minute time limit (1E16 coins required to unlock neutral factions)

I have all challenges.

The best i am able to do is 550 iron strongholds in 5 minutes.
Huh. I did it late enough (because I was far after it came out) that it wasn't an issue to hit that number of coins.

Googling a bit, Elfline Titans seems right, though you need some good Lightning Strike RNG. The magic number is, what, 625? with the dwarf challenge. Sorry I gave awful advice!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Klungar posted:

Please tell me that at some R I get to skip the brain numbing tedium that is Lightning Forge, because goddamn, that is an enjoyment killer.
You do. Eventually you never go Mercenaries at all, but it takes a while.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That actually sounds awesome, but I quit CH like over a year ago. Are Kong saves still intact?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Powercrazy posted:

I started playing Realm Grinder last night, but I play on the cheat website.

http://www.hackedonlinegames.com/game/2951/realm-grinder

Basically you get infinite mana and I think the rest of the game is the same. In a few hours I was able to unlock Titans and Druids as well as do several runs before abdication and get something like 150+ trophies and a few hundred billion gems.

So given the infinite mana what do you think is the best way to make Numbers Go Up?
Infinite mana means infinite spellcasts, which means the endgame will be the Goblin research (W25) that cares about the number of Tax Collections you've cast that game, then you're locked in on Drow Goblins forever.

But until then, the key difference is that your spells will always be up - so that means Fairy Chanting and Lightning Strike, since those are the spells with huge multipliers that can hit the most powerful building in the run. That's Fairies into Titans into Mercenaries to get both until you get research going. I think.

If the infinite mana counts as infinite mana produced then you might want Druids instead once you have the challenge that will make Grand Balance automatically hit all eleven targets.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
With infinite mana the primary source should be the hidden trophy that gives you 30 seconds worth of FC every time you Tax Collection, which you get by casting 30 Tax Collections in less than 5 seconds.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Came back to Clicker Heroes because they added a meta-reset. Even the late to the party goon guild is full :(

(How do people have infinite rubies? Just from these clickable animal things? I left back when those only gave gold and were primarily useful for post-reset with Iris, I know 0 about Relics or whatever also.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's me, I'm the guy who still hates the graphics.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I mean, I think the current interface is stark but functional, and I think the new interface adds a lot of graphics with no actual function. I'm the sperg who just wants numbers. How do you feel about how Derivative Clicker looks? I love that look.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I don't like thing on the internet is all :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

The new update just means you start those from scratch every week or so.
As somebody who just came back after a year+ of not playing and transcended, what's the trick I must be missing to make the very first post-transcension run less lovely? Already back to doing "real" runs the second time around, but dreading having to start over from zero after transcending again. Why isn't there an Outsider that makes the very start less lovely or something? I also miss Iris but her leaving was probably for the best.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GB_Sign posted:

If you have already Transcended and don't have the Rubies to do a QA (which is what I did my first time) short of buying Rubies, or reloading the save if you have it, there isn't much you can do but tough it out until you can get back to Primal's.
That was me the first time :shobon:

Lesson learned, I guess. No second Transcend until I send my mercs out for enough rubies/click on the little fish thing often enough to have a QA right off the bat. Is it floored at giving 7 Souls?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Despite having all the content unlocked already, I really hope that when the RG devs get around to rewriting things and cleaning up descriptions they actually add explicit details of the Research unlock requirements like they did with Challenges. It's a total guessing game with two minor hints and half the kongregate forums seem to think that's totally okay. I'm of the opinion that an external site should never be needed just to find out how to get something and that even secret trophies are kinda pushing it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

comingafteryouall posted:

I tried getting back into Clicker Heroes when they added transcendence, but it seemed even more simplified than it was before.

Did they remove a lot of the Ancients? It's boring not having the ones that add starting level and starting gold.
Yeah, they turn them off after transcendence for... reasons? Like, sure, stuff is faster post-transcendence, and starting gold isn't REALLY needed now that exactly one click on a monster doesn't break you out of idle (so you can get one kill with the idle gold multiplier), but Iris was the best ancient by a mile and between her being removed and the huge nerf to Kumawakamaru (who needed it, because he was like 500 souls or whatever to get -5 monsters per floor) everything is so drat slow. I came back to CH and already quit again because the game hadn't actually changed any. Figure out what to gild, reset, buy 1000 of that gilded thing, wait to stall out, repeat.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Are there any new good games like A Dark Room/Candy Box/Space Lich Omega that actually have like, end goals? I can't stand these incremental games that just go on forever anymore.
If you didn't play the Bitcoin Miner ones, there's those two. Otherwise, I don't know of any. Candy Box 2 was not nearly as good as the original but does exist.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vil posted:

Faceless were potent for pushing high Rs before prestige research came out; I think drow may be the same now at some point in the post-ascension game?
Can confirm that Drow+Goblins is basically the best at R47+. Takes a day or two to get rolling but once it rolls it actually grows over time, unlike basically everything else. Hinges on Drow's Mana Addicts giving mana scaled to like t^1.25 now or something.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Meskhenet posted:

in that order
Seconding this.

(are you asking for shark game 2 :ohdear:)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cirrial posted:

there's a reason it's gonna be shark game 2 and not an update to the main one and it's probably because it'll turn out almost completely unrecognisable sorry
I mean, shark game 1 was good, so I am assuming shark game 2 will also be good, even if it's way different! I have faith.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Color Printer posted:

I can transcend in Clicker Heroes now. I have 302 hero souls plus 248 waiting (plus any more that i get before i run out of steam in this run). Should I transcend at the end of this run or keep going for a while longer?
I think the general wisdom is to transcend when you have at least 8 AS in the tank, but I don't know if that number is higher for the first one.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Color Printer posted:

The great thing about transcendence that doesn't seem to be on some of the guide/FAQ pages I've seen is that the absolute minimum primal souls you can now get from a boss is 20, starting at level 105 (100 is still just 1). So while the beginning is an absolute slog once again, once you hit that level, you're golden.

Unfortunately I'm still down here at level 69 (nice) so I have a ways to go. :negative:
That's why you really want to transcend only when you have at least 50 Rubies for a Quick Ascension - the soul gain formula on that is floored at 7, which is enough to get Siyalatas or Libertas and put a level or two in it. Helps you ride to 105.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Carados posted:

New realm grinder preview - stacking spells and leveling buildings.
Ugh, I might have to actually come back.

...but yay, content.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Asehujiko posted:

It's the new graphics that are holding up the next real content update.
I know I'm a horrible cynic, but I genuinely thought this would be the case. I feel bad that it's actually happening, though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Asehujiko posted:

Realm grinder updated!

At R45, you'll need to leave your PC on for 16 days per faction to unlock the last tier of spell and pay 5.6e33 FC per abdication to unlock it. Hope you all kept your archwizard builds running the entire time because there is gently caress all for you here if you haven't!
Does it, uh... track pre-ascension spell active time too? Asking for a friend.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Asehujiko posted:

Current reinc is the only thing applied retroactively it seems, otherwise I should have several weeks of CtA. No idea if it'll persist if you log into an archwiz save and reinc now though.

Edit: Nope! It doesn't save activity time across reincarnations so get hosed R39 archwizards! To complete this content update, get to R42, then leave your computer on until february 2017, switching factions every 16 days. :suicide:
Not coming back now, never coming back. If anyone wants my R45 save I'll upload it somewhere but otherwise it'll just languish as a cookie until my HD dies and I won't look back :v:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I sent out three Spudniks at once (my 16-18th) and the chat log produced "хороший один товарищ" which Google Translate turned into "nice one mate".

This game has some nice little touches :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Just started Infiroad and it's sweet so far. Should I be instantly resetting when I get the Mythril at 100 for a while? Seems like 200 might be the next source.

e: nvm, got 2 and a relic at 150 and relics seem way more important than a few measly mythril, onward!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, haven't gotten that specific relic but I did get the one that's a chance for double relics. I see how this goes.

Is there a specific hero I should throw my mythril at the buff-relic for when I have some left over from leveling the other, better relics? Like Swordmaster or Wizard or something?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks, going to try with ALL + AFK mode.

I had not yet visited the mithril page so i had not seen that text.

EDIT: My Infroad completely stagnates at level 327. Getting there takes little time at all, but for 3 games in a row now progress has basically stopped at level 327. I have tripled my mithril since the first time i got here so i don't understand why i cant progress past it.
I actually am hitting the exact same wall - well, not the exact one, but it started at 325 and now after four resets it's like 330. It's super weird.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Demicol posted:

For me the timer extender was the last relic I got in the first set, probably ignore crit upgrades and hero/thief/demon upgrades for now and focus on damage upgrades. If you have ones that affect your Mythril income then get some levels in those. The skills are very good so remember to use them. If you get "stuck" put the upgrade thingy to "promote" and go trough your list upgrading some buddies, like mentioned earlier.
Yeah, not getting the timer extender to drop kinda blows. I'll get it eventually, but for now, guess we'll keep resetting at 330ish.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Beat Infiroad in about two days. Got and maxed all the relics, got all the achievements except the last upgrade/promote/deicide achievements which would take another couple days. I never got stuck at any wall after unlocking boss rush, just reset whenever you're not moving completely effortlessly and your next run will put you thousands of screens farther. Also I can confirm that even at the end of the game all of your damage comes from the wizard, with a runner-up prize to the hunter for occasionally spiking to 90%, so there's no reason not to focus your mithral heavily on those heroes plus Merchant and General.
Huh, really? I've been noticing mine coming from Slayer, is that just because he's the one I clicked on for ALL MAX so he's a tier or two ahead?

Also, do the individual damage relics cap or just everything else, and are there only three tiers of relic at 10k and wherever the third one kicks in or is there an even later one?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The post-Sands of Time game is way more fun. Numbers go UP and I'm resetting constantly just because it feels good, whether or not it's optimal (is it?)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Poultron posted:

Ugh, is there any way to AA the text in Infiroad? It hurts my eyes to read this crap.
Nope. And there's no way to get all the heroes' boxes visible without them being tiny pieces of poo poo either, if that is why you're asking.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Where's the breakpoint for the final relics in Infiroad? Seems like it's around 42500 for the last (and most expensive) set I've found so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

I think you're about done if it's another set of hp/attack relics for each buddy.
Yeah, that's the one. Like a hundred million each to upgrade.

Is it feasible to cap out all the relics? Seems like I'd need another mythril-boosting relic to even come close. I have the first one, the second one, and the one that increases every 10k floors. Even the lovely first ones that go to 9999 get expensive and I'm starting late enough I don't get them as drops anymore.

(Do the +starting levels have a cap?)