Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I might be late to this, but is AdCap earth actually winnable now?

I just checked in on it and there seem to be a bunch of new upgrades. I also pumped the megabucks i earned into getting all the platinum upgrades for it and all the gold i've been getting from the events into boosting the overall multiplier and it seems to be smashing through these last unlocks, I've got 609/633 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Finally, gently caress you Adventure Capitalist, after what feels like 2 years you are at last finished!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Harik posted:

Antimatter Dimensions: Broke infinity for the first time, cool. Trying to figure out the 8th autobuyer challenge since that's supposed to be faster than a 1ip normal run.

Do I just smack "sacrifice" every time I bump my tickspeed? That seems to be the replacement for dimension boost. I'm assuming I don't restart at all until I break infinity, since boosts and galaxies do nothing.

E: No, hit for that challenge hit sacrifice at 2x over and over and over, occasionally "pushing" for faster tickspeed. You end up hitting M 3-4 times then S and eventually just M/S/M/S/M/S/M/S as fast as you can until you crunch.

I just broke infinity too and i'm not quite sure what to do now to get faster.

I've tweaked my galaxy/dimension/big crunch autobuyers so that i'm getting more than 10K infinity a minute (at the minute that's 0 dimboosts, 6 galaxies and 900 big crunches). I don't know what this 'unlock a new dimension for 1e1100 antimatter does though, I don't seem to be able to earn that much just yet.

What should i be doing next?

Also, i've noticed that since breaking infinity, i'm not really earning any offline infinity points is there a reason for that?

Edit: also, occasionally when i have the game running in another tab i switch back and spot that my ip/min has dropped significantly for a couple of infinities. Is that some sort of penalty or just a browser thing?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've read that and it's not too clear once you break infinity.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Nibble posted:

Yeah, this. I think I even posted about being at the same point and it taking a while. Once you get the IDs rolling and buy up more of the Break Infinity upgrades it starts getting interesting again, but for the moment it's really just about finding your best IP/min and grinding it out.

Also re: offline progress, you should be getting IP if your Big Crunch autobuyer is active. If you mean totally passive IP gain, the upgrade for that should still be working, but it's only a tiny amount compared to your actual Crunches. There's a new upgrade in the bottom-right of the Break Infinity menu that will eventually give you a more steady passive income.

Cool, thanks. Good to know it's only temporary.

Hmm, that's weird. I'm definitely not getting any obvious offline progress.

For example, i went to bed last night with 1 million infinity and it was still the same this morning.

That's with my autobuyers set to 0/6/4200 for dimboost, galaxies, big crunch and each infinity giving me 90K IP/min when I've got it open and running.

At that rate I thought I'd wake up to a hell of a lot more ip 7 hours later.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

On antimatter dimensions again, i'm at the point in the guide in trying to get the challenges under 2 seconds. I've done everything except challenge 9 which is at 2.44 seconds.

I'm trying the method outlined but can't get the timing right to shave off the other .4 of a second.

I've still got a bunch of upgrades to buy, should i not worry about that as part of the guide and come back to it later? The guide mentions that i should have 'Power up all dimensions based on slowest challenge run' with a multiplier of 2000x or so, but mine is only 1228 because i've not brought it under that 2 second mark i think.

Any advice on the config of dimensional priorities? The guide suggests an alternative, but i can't make sense of it: (Alternatively try these priorities: 8-1,9 for dimensions 1-8,tickspeed.)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sindai posted:

Pretty sure that means give each dimension # the inverse priority (8 for first, 7 for second, etc) then put tickspeed on 9. I think that's what I usually used.

Ah, cool, i started with that and then just started tweaking the priorities of each dimension 1 at a time until it went down to 1.4 seconds by itself.

Back on track!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Antimatter Dimensions: I just got my first IP. I see that this guide says Challenge 8 is faster than normal runs, and that seems like it could be true, but how am I supposed to optimize this challenge? When do I sacrifice, I mean? It just still seems slow. Should I be sacrificing every time I hit like 30x and just letting it ride clicking on "max all" between those? Is 30 too low, too high, or what?

I found the guide was a little unclear there. When i followed those instructions and let it sit it took several hours IIRC. The thing to remember is that the guide is using an autoclicker so there's a bit of that on the go as well i think.

What you want to do is:
Work your way to dimension 8 for the second time so that it unlocks sacrifice
Wait until it's 2x
Sacrifice
Repeat this (it'll be slightly faster)
Keep repeating until 2x is coming up really fast
Hold M throughout all of this for auto max all and after a few times of hitting 2x sacrifice you should start to see it quickly go up to 3 then 4, etc then ridiculously fast up to about 50+ or something.

It's the slog to the 8th dimension bit that takes the longest, but if you follow that hold M, and repeated sacrifice of 2x you end up blasting through that last bit.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Klungar posted:

Antimatter Dimensions:

Throwing this code into your console will give more accurate tracking of your IP/min and provide autobuyer values that should maximize your values.
code:
(function() {
    'use strict';

var node=document.createElement("span");
    node.style.display="inline-block";
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].parentNode.appendChild(node);
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].setAttribute("class","");
    node.parentNode.setAttribute("class","IP");
    node.parentNode.style.position="absolute";
    node.parentNode.style.left="65%";
    window.bestippm=0;
    window.bestip=0;
    var reset=document.createElement("button");
    reset.onclick=function(){bestippm=0;};
    reset.innerHTML="Reset";
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].parentNode.appendChild(reset);
    setInterval(function(){
        var ippm=$("#averagerun")[0].innerHTML.split(" ").reverse()[1];
        var ippm2=$("#run1")[0].innerHTML.split(" ").reverse()[1];
        if(player.thisInfinityTime>1&&gainedInfinityPoints()/player.thisInfinityTime>bestippm){bestippm=gainedInfinityPoints()/player.thisInfinityTime;bestip=gainedInfinityPoints();}
        node.innerHTML="Last 10: "+ippm+"/min<br>Last: "+ippm2+"/min<br>Best IP amount: "+bestip+"<br>Best IP rate:"+shorten(bestippm*600)+"/min";
    },100);
})();
This code will give you an autoclicker in the window you can activate by clicking the Max All button.
code:
var maxAll = document.getElementById("maxall");
var maxAllFunc = maxAll.onclick;
var loop = false;
var looper;
maxAll.onclick = function(){
    if(!loop){
        looper=setInterval(maxAllFunc, 1);
        maxAll.style.backgroundColor="#00ff00";
    }
    else{
        clearInterval(looper);
        maxAll.style.backgroundColor="";
    }
    loop=!loop;
}

What exactly do i do to implement these? I'm in chrome and i've never really used the console before.

edit: for example, i open the console with ctrl+poo poo+j and paste those in but nothing happens and errors appear.

The autoclicker one says 'Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'onclick' of null at <anonymous>:2:25'

The tracking/autobuyer one says 'Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null
at <anonymous>:6:26
at <anonymous>:23:3'

edit2: ah i'm on the one on kongregate if that matters?

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 11, 2018

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Welp, switching to that then. It looks better in full screen anyway.

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 11, 2018

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NGU: What are the things impacted by idling while off browsing in another tab or being offline?

I've noticed that the rebirth energy isn't increasing that fast unless i have the game active and things like the augments don't seem to be running at the same speed as they are when i'm watching it.

Kin fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 24, 2018

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Dunno about the offline report but the other tab thing is browser-related, tabs you aren't browsing in actively are throttled so if you want the game to run at full speed it needs to be in its own window.

Aha, thought that was maybe just an antimatter thing. New window should help that then.

I guess if I'm making 15 energy a second and at 20 a the rebirth energy cap is increased by 1, I expected there to be roughly a 3k cap increase after coming back an hour later. So when coming home from work 8 hours later, for example, the game should have offline idled the cap up by 24k ish. I'm coming back and it's not really budged from when I last looked at it in the morning.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

As a general new player strat should I be dumping my exp into the energy boosting areas?

I'm only at a 50k cap on energy at the minute and it's taking ages to get up to it because it's only generating about 20 a sec. My aim was to just use my exp on the energy generation upgrade that says it caps at 50 before then putting it into other things.

Is there a better use for my exp at the beginning?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

In NGU how much exp should i put into base energy speed?

I've pumped it up to 34 so far, but i don't think the popup over my energy bar has said it's made more than 25 a second for a while now.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Klungar posted:

There is no difference between 25 energy speed and 49.9 energy speed. Only when you hit 50 will you see a difference.

Aha, so i might have been better putting the last few hundred exp i've been earning into things like adventure stats to help me get out of the sewer then (and by extension improve time machine gold)?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

In NGU, i've just unlocked challenges after beating Rick, should i jump straight into trying it?

I'm not quite sure what attack/defence NUMBER is as i cant find mention of it in the rebirth menu.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

pixaal posted:

It's the big rear end number at the top with a glowing red or green arrow. In all honesty it shouldn't take you too long to do a challenge even after just unlocking it. Your XP gives you the biggest benefits. If doing several runs of 1h or lower, usually first few runs will be 10-15 minutes) doesn't get you back to where you were in a day or two you were doing too long of runs and should be farming XP. It can be very beneficial to "bleed" some number off and do a few 15 minute long runs for massive XP and then do hour long runs after that. If your average run is over an hour you should re-evaluate how much XP you are getting.

If it's worth it or not is going to be well how much do you value a 10% increase to your adventure stats? You probably aren't too short on boosts yet because up until High Security Base they are pretty plentiful so the increased recycle isn't going to be useful. It's extremely useful later when you are trying to max out a new set and have a 100% recycle rate.

Er, by boosts do you mean those numbers i occasionally get from the adventure mode instead of gear? I keep getting them now and again and popping them into whatever gear i have. I'm still in the forest cos the adventure mode seems really slow, so assumed i'm a long way out from getting anywhere near the security base.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

pixaal posted:

Number isn't as important as it seems, your XP lets you get back to where you were in ~a day. I did a challenge yesterday so my number reset, today I'm back to killing boss 90 doing 30 minute long runs and was at boss 81 after my overnight. My highest boss killed is 111, and that's from an overnight and it was pretty stable at overnight's getting me to 111 for a few days.

Do a few 15/30 runs get the number down get it back up. Your goal is XP. You should bleed the number dry with as much effort as you can before starting a challenge since it completely nukes it. I normally do 3-4 15 minute long runs to start a day (unless I did a challenge and plan on not doing one that day, then I just do 30/60 runs like normal). After that if I'm going to do a challenge I normally get bored of 15 minute long runs because they seem to take forever when you plan on starting a challenge. I do several 5/7/10 minute long runs and eventually get bored of that and just start doing runs that are only a few minutes long until I'm not nuking to sky anymore. This usually nets me 1k+ XP for 1-2 hours.

I wouldn't be that aggressive unless you were looking to run a challenge run 3-4 near the start of the day. If you are near a record high boss (which you likely are that early in the game) you might want to do a few hour long runs to push before doing the 3-4 15 minute long runs.

The main goal is to get a nice injection of XP.

And what's the best investment for this XP at the beginning of the game?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm getting a bug in NGU where the whole browser tab gets wiped when i'm hitting back space while entering values into fields. It's not happening all the time but it does happen fairly consistently.

It's not even treating it like I've gone back to a previous page i viewed, so i'm not sure what's up. To get back to the game I've gotta type in the url path again.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

something posted:

Maybe the official release version fixes that issue, cause otherwise it's the first I've heard of anything like that happening.

I'll report in if it does. It might be a Kongregate thing? I dunno. I've not used their site that much. I'm also in chrome if that matters.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NGU: Urgh, i just realised why things have maybe been slow for me. I've been trashing all duplicate adventure gear instead of levelling it up. I've got a full forest set with max boosts but can't even breach the caves because all of them are still level 0...

I dunno if this might be good feedback or not but because you've got so much in the game, as a new user, i feel like there might need to be a bit of a more hands on tutorial as you open up each section rather than having to drill through menus to read things.

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 3, 2018

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NGU: What level should my forest gear (or zone gear in general) be before i try taking on the next area?

I've filled up all the boost slots on every piece of it but still can't beat a normal enemy in caves.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NGU: Could you add an exp unlock that just autostacks gear? Having to manually drag it all around is such a chore. I know it would break the whole inventory thing but, well, it's a chore, not much more to say.

Also, could you make it so that the Adventure mode actively idles while i'm away? Having to leave the my laptop on to progress in that seems to be keeping it running hot and draining the battery a lot (probably some chrome resource thing).

Also, some quality of life features like the adventure mode not resetting when i rebirth would be great.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

comingafteryouall posted:

Press D while clicking on a piece of gear to stack all of it in your inventory automatically

Mind. Blown.

That's awesome, but still.... could it not just let me spend 500 exp or something and automate it?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I keep coming back to rebirth, shift energy around augments and put it into other things like improving adventure stats or the time machine.

There's enough there already to entice me to come back and my inventory fills up after like 30 minutes of idling. It's quite a chore to have to stay on top of it to that extent.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

pixaal posted:

Hold D and click, it will merge all copies of an item onto it. Manually dragging is terrible, and why batch merging was made.

I can't seem to get this to work in Chrome.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

something posted:

Are you on a laptop, kin? Apparently it doesnt work with touchpads or something.

I'll be adding a clickable button soon to the inventory menu to help facilitate using merge all and boost all.

Yup, laptop, that'll be it.

Good shout on the buttons (though please add an exp based auto upgrade function for them too :D)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NGU: Unless i've misunderstood something the new 'your number will increase by xX' is bugged.

It went up to x72, then after i rebirthed, it still said my next rebirth would get me x72.

I'm assuming it should actually start at a significantly high -ve number?

Also, still hoping for greater idle mechanics for adventure mode. I know you want to have a more engaging part of the game but given it seems to be one of the more significant bottlenecks for Gold generation, i don't really have the time to be that active on it while i'm out all day at work for example.

This is especially the case given how much manual effort i feel like i've had to put in to even begin to make the slightest progression from Forest to Caves.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NGU: Thanks for the auto merge.

One thing, i think it needs to be clearer what the 'auto' things do and don't do while offline.

For example, auto advance doesn't seem to work at all while offline but you would probably expect it to.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

You don't get any drops while offline afaik.

You dont get any adventure mode offline period.

Basically, you should only go offline if you've spent the half hour opening up all the attacks/defences and have all your energy/magic gathered and dumped in your highest aug.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NGU: Is there any reason for me to keep ahold of my forest gear now i've got a full set of cave gear?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

pixaal posted:

Online save is every 20 minutes, before closing you should hit the save buttons. both online and manual backup, because a backup is always a good idea. Also you get 200AP for making a manual save at least once a day.

What's AP for? I don't think i've come across anything that needs it yet or anything that's explained what it is.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Gully Foyle posted:

Well the unlock condition for the 24 hr challenge is to beat the basic challenge in under 24 hours (which is also to beat boss 58)... so if you can unlock it, you can do it once.

I'm trying this challenge now and i swear that it's loving impossible with a normal working life.

I was on it resetting every half an hour last night before having to go bed and then gave it another 30 min run in the morning before going to work.

I get back home after work and the closest i get is boss 53.

I've got 1,000,000 energy, 20k magic, energy power of 25, speed 50 and 22 bars.

Other than waiting until the weekend where i can spend a solid number of hours just resetting every 30 mins until i hit 58, i'm not sure what to do.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I did a 24 hour challenge with not even half those stats, but I did it on a weekend where I could basically poke it every ~hour or so. :shrug:

I think it's the 2 large 8 hour plus chunks of time where it's just idling.

If I was sitting on it for a full day I'm pretty sure I could get to 58 in half a day easily, the offline idle just doesn't seem that great.

What did you do per run?

I stick the minimum 6 energy into attack and defence, then everything else into time machine until it hits level 5. With the caves gold I get a tick of 3 million a sec.

After that I dump the full million energy into augs and all the magic into blood.

For augs I get the one that gives you a 1000 boost up to about 9 or 10 in a 30 min run with the gold I'm getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Gully Foyle posted:

I've found that if I leave the browser window open and send my computer to sleep, the game won't run (and therefore time won't pass). This helped with the 24 hr challenge for sure. You could also export your save before leaving for work, then load that when you get back.

Really, the game should have a pause button for this issue, as Trimps does.

I started doing the save thing and I've lucked out with the aug changes (1st energy buster level takes 20 mins and gives me a x390625 bonus). Now when i come back from work there's usually a several million increase in my number waiting for me on respawn.

I started the challenge again this morning and think i'll get it done tonight.

I take it once i've done this my next step is to basically start the 24 hour challenge and repeat that until completion?

Is there any way to speed up the attack/defence training after you've brought it all down to 1 energy required for each one? If not, I was thinking that i should start dumping all the exp into energy power next so that i can take on boss 58 without having to wait until I've unlocked ultimate attack/buff.