Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ABC Upfronts are on 5/17, post will be updated with longer synopses/cast lists/trailers and full schedules when available.

2015-2016 Scorecard

Returning Series
Scandal
How To Get Away With Murder
Agents of SHIELD
American Crime
Last Man Standing
Secrets and Lies
Fresh Off the Boat
The Middle
Modern Family
The Goldbergs
Black-ish
Once Upon A Time
Grey's Anatomy
Quantico
The Catch
Dr. Ken
The Real O'Neals
Mistresses

Cancelled Series
Agent Carter
Blood and Oil
Castle
The Family
Galavant
The Muppets
Nashville
Of Kings and Prophets
Rookie Blue
The Whispers
Wicked City

2015-16 Schedule (New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY
8 PM — Dancing with the Stars
10 PM — CONVICTION

TUESDAY
8 PM — The Middle
8:30 PM — AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE
9 PM — Fresh Off the Boat
9:30 PM — The Real O’Neals
10 PM — Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

WEDNESDAY
8 PM — The Goldbergs
8:30 PM — SPEECHLESS
9 PM Modern Family”
9:30 PM — black-ish”
10 PM Designated Survivor

THURSDAY
8 PM — Grey’s Anatomy
9 PM — NOTORIOUS/Scandal (midseason)
10 PM — How to Get Away with Murder/The Catch (midseason)

FRIDAY
8 PM — Last Man Standing
8:30 PM — Dr. Ken
9 PM — Shark Tank
10:00 PM — 20/20

SATURDAY
8 PM — Saturday Night Football

SUNDAY
7 PM — America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 PM — Once Upon a Time
9 PM — Secrets and Lies/(TIME AFTER TIME midseason)
10 PM — Quantico

New Series

Drama
CONVICTION

quote:

Lawyer and former First Daughter Hayes Morrison (Hayley Atwell, “Marvel’s Agent Carter”) is about to accept a job offered from her sexy nemesis, NY District Attorney Wayne Wallis, to avoid jail time for cocaine possession and avoid hurting her mother’s Senate campaign. Working with his team at the new Conviction Integrity Unit will let her use her brilliant mind to turn over cases, where there is credible suspicion of wrongful conviction, and give her a chance to turn things around with her high-powered political family.In addition to Atwell, “Conviction” stars Eddie Cahill as Wayne Wallis, Shawn Ashmore as Sam Sullivan, Merrin Dungey as Maxine Barton, Emily Kinney as Tess Thompson, Manny Montana as Franklin “Frankie” Rios and Daniel di Tomasso as Jackson Morrison. “Conviction” is from The Mark Gordon Company and ABC Studios. “Conviction” is co-created by writer Liz Friedman (“Elementary,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones”) and director Liz Friedlander (“The Following”). Friedman and Friedlander will executive produce with Mark Gordon (“Criminal Minds,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Saving Private Ryan”) and Nick Pepper.

STUDIO: ABC Studios/The Mark Gordon Company

TEAM: Liz Friedman (w, ep), Liz Friedlander (d, ep), Mark Gordon (ep)

CAST: Hayley Atwell, Eddie Cahill, Shawn Ashmore, Merrin Dungey, Emily Kinney, Manny Montana, Donald DiTomasso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJqg6J4JeLg

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR

quote:

Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning actor Kiefer Sutherland (“24”) returns to primetime in a conspiracy thriller as Tom Kirkman, a lower-level cabinet member who unexpectedly becomes president after a devastating attack on Washington. He will struggle to prevent the country and his own family from falling into chaos, as he is thrust into one of the most difficult presidencies in history. “Designated Survivor” stars Kiefer Sutherland as Tom Kirkman, Natascha McElhone as Alex Kirkman, Maggie Q as Hannah Watts, Kal Penn as Seth Wheeler, Adan Canto as Aaron Shore, Italia Ricci as Emily Rhodes, LaMonica Garrett as James Ritter, and Tanner Buchanan as Leo Kirkman. “Designated Survvor” is from The Mark Gordon Company and ABC Studios. David Guggenheim is creator and executive producer. In addition to Guggenheim, the series is executive produced by Simon Kinberg, Kiefer Sutherland, Mark Gordon, Nick Pepper, Suzan Bymel, and Aditya Sood. Paul McGuigan directed the pilot episode.

STUDIO: ABC Studios/The Mark Gordon Company

TEAM: David Guggenheim (w, ep), Kiefer Sutherland (ep), Simon Kinberg (ep), Aditya Sood (ep), Suzan Bymel (ep), Amy B. Harris (ep, sr), Paul McGuigan (d, ep)

CAST: Kiefer Sutherland, Natascha McElhone, Maggie Q, Adan Canto, Italia Ricci, Kal Penn, Tanner Buchanan, LaMonica Garrett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_f1v0Nx5Sw

NOTORIOUS

quote:

“Notorious” is inspired by the true-life stories of famed criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos and cable news producer Wendy Walker, who serve as executive producers. The series is a provocative look at the unique, sexy and dangerous interplay of criminal law and the media. Josh Berman (“Blacklist,” “Bones,” “CSI”) is writer and executive producer, and Allie Hagan (“Suri’s Burn Book”) is writer and co-executive producer. “Notorious” stars Piper Perabo (“Covert Affairs”) as Julia George, Daniel Sunjata (“Graceland”) as Jake Gregorian, Sepideh Moafi as Megan Byrd, Kate Jennings Grant as Louise Herrick, Ryan Guzman as Ryan, Kevin Zegers as Oscar Keaton, J. August Richards as Bradley Gregorian and Aimee Teegarden as Ella Benjamin. “Notorious” is from Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios. Michael Engler, Kenny Meiselas, Jeff Kwatinetz and Josh Barry are also executive producers. Michael Engler directed the pilot.

STUDIO: Sony/ABC Studios

TEAM: Josh Berman (w, ep), Allie Hagan (w, ep), Mark Geragos (ep), Wendy Walker (ep), Michael Engler (d, ep), Kenny Meiselas (ep), Brian Gersh (ep), Jeff Kwatinetz, (ep), Josh Barry (ep)

CAST: Piper Pirabo, Daniel Sunjata, Sepideh Moafi , Kate Jennings Grant, Ryan Guzman, Kevin Zegers, J. August Richards, Aimee Teegarden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZBP6wb3xmI

STILL STAR-CROSSED

quote:

“Still Star-Crossed,” a period drama from Shondaland, picks up where the famous story of Romeo and Juliet ends, charting the treachery, palace intrigue and ill-fated romances of the Montagues and Capulets in the wake of the young lovers’ tragic fate. The series is based on the book by Melinda Taub. “Still Star-Crossed” stars Wade Briggs (“Home and Away”) as Benvolio Montague, Anthony Head as Lord Silvestro Capulet, Zuleikha Robinson as Lady Guiliana Capulet, Lashana Lynch as Rosaline, Ebonee Noel as Livia, Sterling Sulieman as Prince Escalus, Medalion Rahimi as Princess Isabella, Grant Bowler as Damiano Montague, Susan Wooldridge as Nurse, Torrance Coombs as Paris and Dan Hildebrand as Friar Lawrence. Heather Mitchell (“Scandal,” “Grey’s Anatomy”) is writer and executive producer. Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers and Michael Goldstein are executive producers. Michael Offer is executive producer and director of the pilot, from ABC Studios

STUDIO: ABC Studios

TEAM: Heather Mitchell (w, ep), Shonda Rhimes (ep), Betsy Beers (ep), Michael R. Goldstein (ep), Michael Offer (d, ep)

CAST: Wade Briggs, Anthony Head, Zuleikha Robinson, Lashana Lynch, Ebonée Noel, Sterling Sulieman, Medalion Rahimi, Grant Bowler, Susan Wooldridge,Torrance Coombs, Dan Hildebrand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LllK0jMn_hs

TIME AFTER TIME

quote:

Based on the novel and movie “Time After Time,” executive producer/writer Kevin Williamson (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Scream” franchise, “Dawson’s Creek”) delivers a fantastical cat and mouse adventure through time when famed science fiction writer H.G. Wells is transported to modern day Manhattan in pursuit of Jack the Ripper. Once H.G. arrives in New York City, he finds a world he never thought possible and a young woman who captivates him. The series stars Freddie Stroma (“Harry Potter” films) as H.G. Wells, Josh Bowman (“Revenge”) as John Stevenson/Jack the Ripper, Genesis Rodriguez (“Big Hero 6”) as Jane and Regina Taylor (“Dig”) as Vanessa Anders. “Time After Time” is from Outerbanks Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television. Williamson and Marcos Siega (“Blindspot,” “The Following”) are executive producers. Siega directed the pilot. Williamson wrote the teleplay. “Time After Time” is based on the novel written by Karl Alexander.

STUDIO: Outerbanks Entertainment/Warner Bros TV

TEAM: Kevin Williamson (w, ep), Marcos Siega (d, ep)

CAST: Freddie Stroma, Josh Bowman, Genesis Rodriguez, Regina Taylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN4C4Ar5BLo

Comedy

DOWNWARD DOG

quote:

Based on the web series, “Downward Dog” is about a struggling millennial, Nan (Emmy-nominated Allison Tolman, “Fargo”), from the point of view of her lonely and philosophical dog, Martin. One session at obedience school already makes them realize that even at their worst they may be the best thing for each other. The series stars Allison Tolman as Nan, Lucas Neff as Jason, Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Jenn, Barry Rothbart as Kevin and Mo Collins as Kim. Samm Hodges is the voice of Martin. “Downward Dog” creators/writers Samm Hodges and Michael Killen will executive produce with Mosaic Media Group’s Jimmy Miller and Sam Hansen, and Animal’s Kathy Dziubek. Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky were executive producers of the pilot. The series is from Legendary Television and ABC Studios.

STUDIO: Legendary TV/ABC Studios

TEAM: Samm Hodges (w, ep), Michael Killen (w, d, ep), Jimmy Miller (ep), Sam Hansen (ep), Kathy Dziubek (ep), Lee Eisenberg (ep), Gene Stupnitsky (ep)

CAST: Allison Tolman, Lucas Neff, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Barry Rothbart, Mo Collins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3_bDWTTLWc

IMAGINARY MARY

quote:

Alice (Jenna Elfman, “Dharma & Greg,” “Friends With Benefits,” “EDtv”) is a fiercely independent career woman whose life is turned upside-down when she meets the love of her life – a divorced father with three kids. This triggers even more upheaval when the slightly unhinged imaginary friend she created as a child suddenly reappears to help her navigate the transition from single girl to a woman ready for a family. The series stars Jenna Elfman as Alice, Stephen Schneider as Ben, Rachel Dratch as Mary (VO), Nicholas Coombe as Andy, Matreya Scarrwener as Dora and Erica Tremblay as Bunny. The live action/CGI hybrid comes from “The Goldbergs” team Adam F. Goldberg (writer/executive producer), David Guarascio (writer/executive producer) and Doug Robinson (executive producer). Mary CG animation is designed by Patrick Osborne (creator of Academy Award- winning animated short, “The Feast”), who is also executive producer. The pilot was directed by Shawn Levy (“Night at the Museum,” “Cheaper by the Dozen”), who is also executive producer. The series is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television, Happy Madison and ABC Studios.

STUDIO: Sony Pictures TV/Happy Madison

TEAM: Adam F. Goldberg (w, ep), David Guarascio (w, ep), Doug Robinson (ep), Patrick Osborne (ep), Shawn Levy (d, ep)

CAST: Jenna Elfman, Stephen Schneider, Rachel Dratch (voice-over), Nicholas Coombe, Matreya Scarrwener, Erica Tremblay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vywGIjvPk

SPEECHLESS

quote:

Maya DiMeo (Minnie Driver, “About a Boy,” “The Riches,” “Good Will Hunting”) is a mom on a mission who will do anything for her husband, Jimmy, and kids Ray, Dylan, and JJ, her eldest son with special needs. As Maya fights injustices both real and imagined, the family works to make a new home for themselves and searches for just the right person to give JJ his “voice.” “Speechless” stars Minnie Driver as Maya DiMeo, John Ross Bowie (“The Big Bang Theory”) as Jimmy DiMeo, Mason Cook as Ray DiMeo, Micah Fowler as JJ DiMeo, Kyla Kenedy as Dylan DiMeo and Cedric Yarbrough as Kenneth. Scott Silveri (“Friends”) writes and is executive producer of the show, along with “Fresh Off the Boat”’s Jake Kasdan and Melvin Mar. The series is from Twentieth Century Fox Television and ABC Studios.

STUDIO: 20th Century Fox TV

TEAM: Scott Silveri (w, ep), Jake Kasdan (ep), Melvin Mar (ep), Christine Gernon (ep)

CAST: Minnie Driver, John Ross Bowie, Mason Cook, Micah Fowler, Kyla Kennedy, Cedric Yarbrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u55WK6AbaM

AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE

quote:

Katie Otto (Katy Mixon, “Mike and Molly”), a confident, unapologetic wife and mother of three, raises her flawed family in the wealthy town of Westport, Connecticut, filled with “perfect” mommies and their “perfect” offspring.The series stars Katy Mixon as Katie Otto, Diedrich Bader as Jeff Otto, Johnny Sequoyah as Taylor, Daniel DiMaggio as Harrison, Julia Butters as Anna-Kat, Carly Hughes as Angela and Ali Wong as Doris. “American Housewife” is written by Sarah Dunn (“Spin City,” “Bunheads”) and produced by Kapital Entertainment and ABC Studios. Aaron Kaplan, Rick Weiner and Kenny Schwartz are executive producers. Ruben Fleischer directed and was executive producer of the pilot.

STUDIO: Kapital Entertainment/ABC Studios

TEAM: Sarah Dunn (w, ep), Aaron Kaplan (ep), Rick Weiner (ep), Kenny Schwartz (ep), Ruben Fleischer (d, ep)

CAST: Katy Mixon, Diedrich Bader, Johnny Sequoyah, Daniel DiMaggio, Julia Butters, Carly Hughes, Ali Wong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JRoZsnINw

X-O fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Good to see Rachel Dratch working.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

All of those comedies sound terrible. Holy poo poo.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yeah don't those already have pilots? Those show descriptions sound terrible, especially since Imaginary Mary is the only one with any actual detail in it.

Speechless might be okay if they do the same with that Mom did and actually not just be a slapstick comedy and have actual heart to it, so it's more of a half hour dramedy of sorts.

The other two are like barely blips on a radar. Every year I think sitcoms on network are bad they feel like they keep getting worse.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Time After Time is an amazing movie so at the very least them making a show about it is a net positive because it means that more people will learn that they did indeed make a movie where H.G. Wells invents a time machine and travels to the 1970s to catch Jack the Ripper.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

X-O posted:

LOGLINE: Story of a struggling millennial, Nan, told from the point of view of her lonely and philosophical dog, Martin. One session at obedience school already makes them realize that even at their worst, they may be the best thing for each other.
Holy poo poo :psyduck:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
ABC lost a bet right?

DOWNWARD DOG

This is a Simpsons plot I'm pretty sure.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm really looking forward to Designated Survivor, but other than that unless the trailers come out and wow me this is probably the worst slate of new shows for any network.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I think Downward Dog is the worst show/title I've ever heard of.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Good to see Rachel Dratch working.

Even by Rachel Dratch standards, this is demeaning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT5NOaoxdwk

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

hollylolly posted:

They cancelled Agent Carter/passed on Most Wanted for this piece of crap!

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rirse posted:

They cancelled Agent Carter/passed on Most Wanted for this piece of crap!

At least Hayley Atwell is back and this series is pretty cancel proof as it co-stars the sister of ABC Entertainment's president.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

X-O posted:

I'm really looking forward to Designated Survivor, but other than that unless the trailers come out and wow me this is probably the worst slate of new shows for any network.

Yeah that's the best-sounding one out of the bunch.

Shark Tank is not mentioned in either show list above, but I would assume it got renewed?

hollylolly posted:

Not the worst. Around 2000-ish there was an ABC show named after it's timeslot. It was literally called "Wednesday 830/730 Central" or some poo poo like that. It lasted one episode.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 16, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hollylolly posted:

It's no Dog with a Blog.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

raditts posted:

It's no Dog with a Blog.

Dog with a Blog sounds self explanatory though - Downward Dog sounds like it should have something to do with yoga? And if it does, why wouldn't they put that in the series description?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sbaldrick posted:

ABC lost a bet right?

DOWNWARD DOG

This is a Simpsons plot I'm pretty sure.

I saw the pilot of this for a focus group, it was pretty horrible.

I can't even remember all of the plot details, but they ran through pretty much all of the jokes within the first 10 minute of the life of a dog while they are at home with the girl at work. Oh, the mail man is here! How original...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

People like looking at dogs. People don't want to look through their POV.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Yer Burnt posted:

Everyone is demeaned by this.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Does everyone have a new time travel show this season?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

sticklefifer posted:

Does everyone have a new time travel show this season?

Everyone except CBS, they had one but it didn't get picked up.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Honestly the most "Just lost a bet" thing about their comedy lineup is that they brought back Dr. Ken. Ken Jeong is someone who is really funny in really small doses, the title character of a sitcom is not a small dose.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Galavant :smith:
Agent Carter :smith:

On the plus side, Muppets got cancelled so we can now work on forgetting that it ever existed, just like we did with Muppets Most Wanted. Wait... poo poo, now I gotta start all over.

How the hell did Dr. Ken get renewed? What does Ken Jeong have on the ABC execs to keep that painful garbage on for another season?

Edit: I think I am legally obligated to watch "Untitled Sarah Dunn Comedy" since I live in Connecticut and Westport is a 20-minute drive from me. Gotta see what their take is on my shithole.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 17, 2016

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Jamesman posted:

Galavant :smith:
Agent Carter :smith:

On the plus side, Muppets got cancelled so we can now work on forgetting that it ever existed, just like we did with Muppets Most Wanted. Wait... poo poo, now I gotta start all over.

How the hell did Dr. Ken get renewed? What does Ken Jeong have on the ABC execs to keep that painful garbage on for another season?

I'll admit, I kinda liked the Muppets. Was constantly wishing that it was straight-up muppet variety show instead of the fake office sitcom, but *shrug*

Galavant was pretty great, though. Alas to see it go. And Carter I'll miss most of all.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If there's one thing I love in my fiction, its when they make a sequel to something where the premise is going whole hog in addressing the fallout from the events of the original story instead of just pussing out and just making the same story a second time. If there's two things I love in my fiction its when in a sequel the original main characters are dead so the writer can focus on much more interesting people instead of using the old protagonists as a crutch. And if there's three things I love in my fiction, its Historical Dramas about sex and politics and noble houses and period appropriate events and whatnot. So yeah, I'll watch Still Star Crossed even though "Shakespeare Fanfiction," is probably the last thing in the world with any chance to be good.

I also love "Unexpected person becomes the President," Political Thrillers, so Designated Survivor is right up my alley. And Time after Time is a great movie and a great book, I find it hard to imagine the show won't be at least passable given the raw materials.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
STUDIO: Legendary TV/ABC Studios

TEAM: Samm Hodges (w, ep), Michael Killen (w, d, ep), Jimmy Miller (ep), Sam Hansen (ep), Kathy Dziubek (ep), Lee Eisenberg (ep), Gene Stupnitsky (ep)

LOGLINE: Story of a struggling millennial, Nan, told from the point of view of her lonely and philosophical dog, Martin. One session at obedience school already makes them realize that even at their worst, they may be the best thing for each other.

CAST: Allison Tolman, Lucas Neff, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Barry Rothbart, Mo Collins

I had a web-series idea like this but the dog is a German Shepherd, imbued with the mind and voice of Werner Herzog, called it Werner Herzdog.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Holy poo poo, ABC ratings are going to implode this season. Not one worthwhile new show at all. Not one. I hope they can survive on their previous shows for a while.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
If they recast Time After Time to star Paul F Tompkins it would be the greatest TV show ever.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

People like looking at dogs. People don't want to look through their POV.

Lots of upskirt shots?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Lots of upskirt shots?

They're kinda boring and overrated IMHO

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Yer Burnt posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm going to be nice and guess that since it's her childhood imaginary friend that the dated nature of that joke is entirely intentional.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Trailers added for all shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I almost didn't recognize Lucas Neff with long hair and a beard. It's a good look for him.

Kind of weird that Conviction cast a rather high profile (for TV) British actress as an American. Also nice to see Manny Montana get a part after Graceland ended, he was pretty good in that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

I almost didn't recognize Lucas Neff with long hair and a beard. It's a good look for him.

Holy poo poo, that was Jimmy from Raising Hope? Wow. Totally unrecognizable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's got such a babyface that the beard makes him look closer to his real age.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Conviction looks so, so bad.

Designated Survivor looks better then expected beyond the fact that Keifer Sutherland's glasses are lined up wrong for his eyes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Designated Survivor is the plot of Laura Roslin in BSG but without spaceships or killer robots.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Designated Survivor is the plot of Laura Roslin in BSG but without spaceships or killer robots.

It's literally the plot of a Tom Clancy book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

It's literally the plot of a Tom Clancy book.

I think in Clancy's book he actually has Jack Ryan be the only survivor of the attack just to drive home the point that Ryan is untouchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Designated Survivor looks good, but I have to question why the government would keep the "designated survivor" in the same city as everyone else, surely they should be in a completely different state. It doesn't matter either way I'm guessing within the context of the show, but it still seems dumb. Guess they just really want him to look at the window and see the destroyed capital building.

• Locked thread