Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Another Person posted:

i was in the middle of making something dumb and wrestling related and clicked a thing by accident and accidentally made something dumber and i thought it sounded v. funny and i had to upload it somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCpF_jzlLw

its the new godspeed

Who knew the giants from Majora's Mask would be huge Sami marks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I like Kevin Owens but what I like more is that someone is protecting him like crazy.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Djarum posted:

I think there is a ripe market for Pro Wrestling and the WWE's flank is weak.

WWE's flank is covered by Comcast. Good loving luck getting another promotion on TV.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Ambrose would probably put more heart into it if he had any reason to care, but WWE's not going to do anything with him and he's probably happy enough in the high midcard not having to take fluorescent light tubes to his balls anymore that he doesn't need to bother politicking for a better spot.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The next Mania is actually going to be a bunch of holding pattern matches with finishes/stips that will be ignored by the time RAW rolls around just like the last one

TWELVE HOURS OF ENTERTAINMENT MAGGLE

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I think USA is a long way off from putting pressure onto WWE to get it together. Between Smackdown on USA, Raw replays on SyFy, and blocking off any other channel that shows pro wrestling behind premium cable packages, somebody at Comcast loving loves WWE

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

keevo posted:

It's also insane that the average length of being a writer is three months.

This is one of those things where anyone sane would look at that stat and think it's completely nuts, and all of us who follow WWE think "yeah, that sounds about right :sigh:"

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Without actually knowing for sure, I'd guess they use interns pretty heavily. It's showbiz after all

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
It'll be a cookie recipe, but if you change the ingredients to WWE personalities it becomes a scathing takedown of the whole drat business.

Also if you try to make the cookie recipe your house will burn down.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Which show won't have Roman Reigns? I want to watch that one.

They're both going to have Roman Reigns, aren't they?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why are people excited for a draft? Splitting the titles so soon after unifying them would be stupid, and if the champ is on both shows then what's the point?

Hope that the good stuff (IC feuds) is one one show and the bad stuff (THE BIG DOG) is on the other.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's still loving stupid and makes no sense. This is bad and dumb even by WWE standards.

I know that and you know that but this is the WWE. Hope springs eternal.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
It's certainly gonna work this subforum into a shoot mark my words.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

2016 Vince McMahon is the stupidest son of a bitch on the entire planet. Not only does the product suffer for it, so do his pockets.
I think in 2016 Vince is just a grumpy old man playing with his action figures because there's no way he can screw up badly enough to feel it in his lifetime.

Paulocaust posted:

He's absolutely better than Cena
What the gently caress

Distant Chicken fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 26, 2016

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
The no selling stuff feels like something that's gonna be exasperating for a few months but eventually Vince will lose interest and stop actively pushing for it and things will go back to normal. I definitely don't think we've seen the last of KO gingerly limping down the ramp after a big PPV.

Conversely we all better get ready for the long haul re: the brand split because this feels a lot like Vince's way of not having to choose between Roman and Cena as top guy.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

they're finally going to pay off GTV!

They already did on the Edge & Christian show. It was Gobbledy Gooker the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

jred250 posted:

I know a lot of people have some sort of affection for Rybaxel, was it ironic or legitimate?

It may have been ironic at one point but Ryback's recent manifesto won over a lot of hearts and minds

• Locked thread