Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is wom still relevant?
yes
no
:wom:
i dont know
View Results

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Orkin Mang posted:

im starting to believe ive ruined my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Orkin Mang posted:

is it ok if i use this quote at the title for my autobiography. i will attribute you, of course.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I remember the wom guy later tried starting another one word fad and had a meltdown when it didn't take off.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Orkin Mang posted:

b0bS4get
Apr 3, 2009
interesting if true

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
drat. I thought WOM was recent. I'm getting old.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Its womderful.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
WOOPS MY FART

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
Voted :wom:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Womthing Awful.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
wom is love, wom is life

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

We are all wom.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

symbolic posted:

tell me about when SA was relevant, grandpa

Alright. SA was never relevant and one time Lowtax got punched in the head and another time he did a presentation at some stupid university bragging about how SA is like the number 4 website in the world for a moment. Its never had a real business plan but at one point members were clannish and devoted so they spent money on avatars and other merch but lowtax having constant mental breakdowns and having the mentally ill moderate and administrate his website took its toll because of banning / probating the content creating members that they needed. At some point every front page writer tried to hock some lovely book.

but that was a long time ago and internet standards are higher.

Also lowtax tried to cash-in let's plays way after the fact. Basically it should say Something Awful - The Internet Makes You Stupid Doing Things After the Fact Since 2008

edit: :wom:

Ichabod Tane fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 15, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Blacktoll posted:

Alright. SA was never relevant and one time Lowtax got punched in the head and another time he did a presentation at some stupid university bragging about how SA is like the number 4 website in the world for a moment. Its never had a real business plan but at one point members were clannish and devoted so they spent money on avatars and other merch but lowtax having constant mental breakdowns and having the mentally ill moderate and administrate his website took its toll because of banning / probating the content creating members that they needed. At some point every front page writer tried to hock some lovely book.

but that was a long time ago and internet standards are higher.

Also lowtax tried to cash-in let's plays way after the fact. Basically it should say Something Awful - The Internet Makes You Stupid Doing Things After the Fact Since 2008

So in summary a mentally ill person made a webiste for mentally ill people and had mentally ill moderate them.
Seems sane.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
There was also a time where you Had To Be Super Articulate or some fat, yeasty cat lady would probate you and in the Leper's Colony it'd say something like -- "Try using punctuation, we aren't fark." And it would be the OP of some hilarious thread that was crushing it. Then goons would slapfight for 200+ pages about how Icequeen or whatever is doing a poo poo job and then everyone who was discussing it would get probated for "Mod Sass"

Ichabod Tane fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 15, 2016

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

symbolic posted:

tell me about when SA was relevant, grandpa

why in the world would you register on this site 2 years ago

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Go mow the wom.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

dev286 posted:

gently caress 8 years goes by fast when you're doing literally as little as possible personally and professionally and spending valuable hours of your life on a dead gay forum

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

:wom::wom::wom::wom::wom::wom::wom::wom::wom::wom:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
There were a whole lot of art threads in GBS and now they went away.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
It's been a :wom: time.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Arkanomen posted:

There were a whole lot of art threads in GBS and now they went away.

the skill levels have dropped with the new generation

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
it says Mom sometimes

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Fishy Joe posted:

it says Mom sometimes

as if

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

vols bitch posted:

why in the world would you register on this site 2 years ago
because i didn't have my own bank account until two years ago

also my friend wanted to do screenshot LPs here and suggested that i register as well, so i figured "what the hell, i like forums"

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

no loving way is this 8 years old

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Kuato posted:

Maybe one poster in that whole 16 page thread is still active. Either they're all dead or they've abandoned their accounts.
it's me, the first person to say :wom: besides the inventor

i'm dead inside though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

symbolic posted:

because i didn't have my own bank account until two years ago

also my friend wanted to do screenshot LPs here and suggested that i register as well, so i figured "what the hell, i like forums"
In your defence, throwing money at SA these days is a charitable donation for Richard's kids

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

dev286 posted:

gently caress 8 years goes by fast when you're doing literally as little as possible personally and professionally and spending valuable hours of your life on a dead gay forum

Cheer up fag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

gibb3h posted:

Sigh, waffleimages :(
Put

code:
199.38.85.98 img.waffleimages.com
in your hosts file.