Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Sergg posted:

I would like to say that in the last thread, I made a very offensive comment towards trans people, and I would like to apologize to anyone I offended. Trans people are America's most shat on minority......

You're thinking of Native Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Prester Jane posted:

One of the few culinary contributions the Midwest has made to the United States is the delightful dish called "Cheeseburger Pizza", which when it is properly prepared uses a mustard-based sauce.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "contribution".

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I mean if trump drops out it'll be right after he gets the nomination. He'll call the campaign to cash out the loans and then immediately quit. The next time we see him he'll be in an airplane with with both Clintons and Loretta

Is that how campaigns work? You can just borrow a ton of cash, transfer it to yourself and then declare your campaign bankrupt?

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politics/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-email-server.html?_r=0

quote:

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch plans to announce on Friday that she will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, a Justice Department official said. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case.

This is big, right?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I've been going through the OP and reading the listed articles. Just a tip for others that do so, handle it like watching Youtube: don't read the comments!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

When can we look forward to the next Trump campaign FEC filing coming out?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Munkeymon posted:

When can we look forward to the next Trump campaign FEC filing coming out?

July 15th.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Junior G-man posted:

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "contribution".

Space Bat posted:

I'm glad as a person who has lived most his life in the Midwest I've never encountered such a thing. How horrifying

Yall a bunch of philistines with no appreciation for food that is meant to be paired with severe intoxication in order to help wash away the misery of a 12 hour shift at the Rubbermaid factory.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 1, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

LeJackal posted:

You're thinking of Native Americans.

:confused: Who?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Does this mean we're getting close to an announcement on emailgate soon?

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Hey USPol!

Today is the 153rd anniversary of the 1st day of the Battle of Gettysburg. The Army of Northern Virginia, the seemingly-unstoppable primary military force of a despotic slave-empire under command of Robert E. Lee, had invaded the North for the second time in an attempt to force the decisive battle, destroy the Army of the Potomac, and win the war.

It didn't quite work out for them that way, as Union forces under the (tremendously under-appreciated and loving BAD-rear end) George Gordon Meade would hold the line for three days against everything Lee could throw at them, and in the end it would be the rebel army (what was left of it!) crawling away from the field in total defeat. Take a few minutes out of your day here on the 1st of July to listen to the greatest song in American history and glory in the fact that 153 years ago today the dream of Slave America suffered a fatal blow on the hills south of Gettysburg.

You don't have to burn a rebel flag in remembrance but it's always a good idea. The Union forever, hurrah boys hurrah, down with the traitor, up with the star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mmFPyDK_8

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I think this points to the idea that nothing is coming from the investigation. If Hillary was going to be charged or even yelled at, Lynch could use that to show that no one influences her. The only reason that Lynch would do this was if the investigation found nothing and Hillary's opponents were going to use her as a scapegoat.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Mr Interweb posted:

Does this mean we're getting close to an announcement on emailgate soon?

Nah, it just means that she's gonna lean on the prosecutors making the decision directly rather than veto it at her level.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This should be the national anthem.

Do this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiVjlknuSw

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Lynch could use that to show that no one influences her.

But didn't she recuse herself because of the uproar over her private meeting with Bill? Isn't that showing that no one influences her?

----------------

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Narciss posted:

But didn't she recuse herself because of the uproar over her private meeting with Bill? Isn't that showing that no one influences her?

Wait, how can she recuse herself? She's the AG. Who would take her place? The Solicitor General?

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, how can she recuse herself? She's the AG. Who would take her place? The Solicitor General?

A special prosecutor.

----------------

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mr Interweb posted:

Post Master General, actually.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Narciss posted:

A special prosecutor.

Well you answered your own question there.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DemeaninDemon posted:

The US Postal Service is an institution with whom you should not gently caress.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah that's why they step up.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Yes, always!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

From that Texas article:

quote:

In their joint letter, the three leaders said that, in addition to the traditional budget requests that agencies make to lawmakers, the agencies also will be asked to submit data suitable for a "zero based budgeting" process.

This is just another one of those fundamentally stupid when applied to government "common sense" budgetary ideas that is never going to die, isn't it?

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing

Narciss posted:

A special prosecutor.

VP Chris Christie. Im sure hes itching to prosecute all kinds of people when Trump wins.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

JonathonSpectre posted:

Take a few minutes out of your day here on the 1st of July to listen to the greatest song in American history and glory in the fact that 153 years ago today the dream of Slave America suffered a fatal blow on the hills south of Gettysburg.

You don't have to burn a rebel flag in remembrance but it's always a good idea. The Union forever, hurrah boys hurrah, down with the traitor, up with the star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mmFPyDK_8

Thank you for this post. I'd like to share my favorite rendition of the Battle Hymn of the Republic:

https://youtu.be/DwSZgLLqPy8

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

the moose posted:

VP Chris Christie. Im sure hes itching to prosecute all kinds of people when Trump wins.

At this point my main concern is that the FBI holds off until after the nomination. My dream scenario is an indictment recc coming down well into the general, when it's far too late for the Dems to put an alternative candidate in.

----------------

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/markhalperin/status/748867261658636289

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Battle Hymn of the Republic is great and all, but let's remember the original Union soldier's song that it was based on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jso1YRQnpCI

Incidentally a great song to show people who think the average Union soldier didn't view the war as primarily about ending the institution of slavery.

Edit: In the transition to Battle Hymn a lot of great lyrics were lost in favor of more of God's favor type stuff:

John Brown's Body posted:

He captured Harper's Ferry
with his nineteen men so true
He frightened old Virginia
'til she trembled through and through
They hanged him for a traitor
they themselves the traitor crew
His soul goes marching on

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 1, 2016

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Well that's disappointing. Just another "Of course I'll be impartial :^)".

----------------

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Problem with most versions of the Battle Hymn of the Republic is they change the line from "As he died to make men holy let us die to make them free" to "As he died to make men holy let us fight to make them free"

The original is much more :black101:

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 1, 2016

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

gasp, surprise, the New York Times jumped the gun with a Clinton story!

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
You gotta love that "I served in Benghazi. gently caress Hillary." Ad. I should make a counter one, since I was in the military and was at Benghazi...for 3 days...in 2006. So my opinion has to mean just as much, right guys?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

gfsincere posted:

You gotta love that "I served in Benghazi. gently caress Hillary." Ad. I should make a counter one, since I was in the military and was at Benghazi...for 3 days...in 2006. So my opinion has to mean just as much, right guys?

That same guy blamed the terrorists before he decided to blame KILLARY.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
This emailghazigate thing is the dumbest, most boring non-scandal in the history of non-scandals.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

CannonFodder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXe4aV7y7eY

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Apparently it's Throwback Friday.

I do yearn for the days when an entire page of USPOL yodasex was happening

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Not really. It's fairly standard procedure. The writing has been on the wall for a while now that nothing is coming out of this.

Narciss posted:

Well that's disappointing. Just another "Of course I'll be impartial :^)".

Do you really think that they're going to indict her for having emails that were not classified at the time being sent to her by staffers?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

After all, isn't the whole case about mail?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

In a landmark judgement, the Post Master General finds that the use of email is actually illegal. All communication must revert to physical mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

New thread? Time for your anti-Arzy booster.

• Locked thread