Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A tauros spawned on top of my house. I haven't used a lure or anything, but okay stuff keeps spawning near me to where i dont have to walk to get it, or i have to like maybe, open my door and walk to the road.

The local gym is a masonic lodge and i'm sure for sure i'm gonna get arrested for walking around it with a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm pretty sure the game gives you a few freebies every couple hours so you don't even have to leave the house to catch pokemons you loving fat piece of lazy poo poo

Honestly, nintendo pulled off a stunt that's making me go around town. I was just at that lodge and the loving app wouldnt load the location so i said gently caress it, got my mail from the post office, which was also alocation that wouldn't load, went home, but yeah using nostalgia for pokemon blue and silver, they've tricked me into doing things that requires walking. I guess I could drive but I'm also very poor and even though gas is cheap i dont loving wanna waste it on an augmented reality game lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Drunk & Ugly posted:

I walk around town and try to find drugs

i call it Lost Drugs GO, my most powerful high scores are from concert or events nights when dumb millenials go out and drop things because theyre loving dumb

hey man if you're candyflipping and a would-be capitalist who brought a sheet of acid to sell to people you can't help it when you peak on both at the same time and drop it. You can be stephen loving hawking but i guarantee you'll still find a way to lose everything but your pants and maybe even those.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tyson Tomko posted:

I love Pokemon more than most, but man sitting here at work I'm 100% tired of hearing people gab about this. One dude said he had caught over 100 then asked what a Pokedex is. Fads are fads I know, but this one is still blowing my drat mind. I'm super duper lazy and hate work too, but geeesh I'm wanting to tell people "get back to work already" and it's only 9:30am here hah.

Are you seriously whining about fads in the pokemon thread? Like you're 'into pokemon more than most' but you can't relate to the all consuming fire in your soul that it can generate? You didn't, yourself, go through the late 90s obsessively trading and battling cards, buying gameboys solely to play pokemon games, watching that awful loving anime, buying actual pokedex books, watching the movies with enthusiasm, all that poo poo?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tyson Tomko posted:

Don't read into my Monday morning bitching too much. Just saying I'm not making fun of people for liking Pokemon, I'm making fun of them for hopping on a mega fad bandwagon just because it's cool so yeah I am bitching about a fad, guilty. And no I just played Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver, didn't touch cards or later games (yet anyway, X/Y and Sun/Moon sound cool)

This game could be about soccer or anything else and I'd still be tired of hearing everyone talk about it. I slack off with the best of them but geesh at least pretend like you're at work instead of walking around starting at your phone.

That being said though it's cool as poo poo hearing soccer moms asking what a Ratatta is and poo poo. Makes me feel like a mad genius dropping knowledge like "Ekans is snake spelled backwards" hah yes.

This game has magic powers I swear. It even has me wanting to go outside on my lunch break and scout around so I can't really blame everyone else. It's nostalgia and collecting that's feeding my urge, maybe it's the fadness and collectability/rivalry that's attracting everyone else.

--- Haha I just got invited to the official work Pokemon Go slack channel, so I'm just as bad as everyone else I'm giving poo poo.

yeah i beat blue and i played silver all the way to the final fight against RED, then my gameboy color and pokemon silver, and a couple of my more valuable cards, all just disappeared one day and I know it's one of like 3 people, one of whom i'm still in contact with and i swear if i ever get a confession out of him i'm going to brick his house at least.

But I got really bored with pokemon, someone literally gave me Ruby for free, i played it on my DS a little bit before realizing it wasn't for me. I know gently caress all about the 3ds games. Last one i tried to play was X or Y but nintendo is really good at making the most irritating time consuming introductions to video games that i have not left the starting town in a pokemon game in at least 10 years.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cuckoo posted:

Why yes I'd love to play a soulless nostalgia cash-grab that tracks my location and drains the gently caress out of my phone battery.

I am a (wo)manchild who still likes Pokemon and this still seems completely pointless if you have access to the real games. Or hell, even an emulator of previous generations.

I suspect i'll get bored with it, but whining about location tracking when theres a non zero chance your phone came rooted with tracking poo poo from your provider, and 95% of the apps on the market use it for something, is kinda dumb.

Also I haven't seen a reason to spend money yet, it's mostly an excuse to go outside and maybe walk off my fupa.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

tomstuart posted:

so what makes this game good or fun?

seriously?

if it weren't for the "pokemon" name slapped on it, the game would be hot garbage?

is the gameplay fun?

are there interesting/unique quests and objectives?

no.

its like someone took foursquare and spattered pokemon cum all over it to get insipid manchildren and real children to play a very dumb and watered down version of an augmented reality game that failed years ago because nobody played it because the premise was dumb.

this whole thing will be gone before the end of the year save for a few stalwart die-hards that never give up on anything regardless of how stupid it is.

It's basically 3/4 of a handheld pokemon game in real life. The appeal is it mimics being a real trainer in the pokemon world, and yes, that's appealing to anybody who at any point enjoyed pokemon. The problem is that 1/4 of the experience is the more significant part, and it's stripped out in part to monetize a bunch of dumb poo poo, and that sucks, but it's a problem endemic to all mobile gaming and if I could find the guy who figured out how to monetize free-to-play like this, I would skullfuck him with a brick or something.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

tomstuart posted:

t-minus one week tops until some little kid gets kidnapped or molested or raped because of the game and then its lights out for this stupid nonsense

This has almost certainly already happened. This video is terrible but it illustrates the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP_CXPJ9KYA

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

owning an iphone in the current year of our Lord makes you deserve the security risks that come with it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

social vegan posted:

i have an iphone cuz i really like how the screen looks so crisp like i need this fidelity and the screen is crisp and kinda smart intuitive i don't have 2 think

Their dumb loving system design ensures that if any point of their security fails, a whole bunch of poo poo is accessible, while their security measures rely on the design not being compromised by a dumb loving pokemon app fad, but now the security risk is known, and if it's not patched immediately, if it's by design, someone is going to be able to exploit a shitload of people with apple phones, because people needed the pretty shiny from the company that just assumes it's customers are incabable of using anything more complex than something a toddler can operate.

Android isn't so much better, but Apple's need to integrate everything in weird and intrusive ways honestly just makes them weirdly expensive lovely toy versions of smart phones. They may have been first but they are currently Worst.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

there's a non zero chance this gay app is helping a few pasty fat tumblr princesses meet the one pasty fat fedora man with a heart of gold that succeeds in avoiding any of her many triggers.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

trademark dodging bulbasasaur deservingly getting the least amount of attention but drat shame bout charhazzzard

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

interwhat posted:

What's the story behind that girl again? She was raped and murdered yes?

That is probably what happened moments after that was taken yeah

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

No she was for sure murdered by for sure the guy who took it at that approximate time

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

WHY ARE UGLY PEOPLE IN PUBLIC

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

yeah i dispute the existence of synonyms too.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Laughing at rich dumbasses working a conga line up a mountain that murders like 1 in 4 of them is hilarious, but way too many people use their phones while driving and stupid poo poo and you shouuld be more sympathetic!!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

NEXT ON FOX 4 NEWS AT 9:

EVERYONE LNOWS ABOUT THE SMASH SUCCESS OF POKEMON GO AND SOME OF ITS POTENTIAL DANGERS.

[Cut to slide show of "don't pokemon and drive, children running into street with phone in their face, stock photo of crying old woman and traffic jams, use that one horn honking sound effect]

But nooww kids are using it a new way. Incense parties. In the modern age drug use is up exponentially. Prices are at an all time high and kids are using pokemon to get high. Theyre called incense parties because kids who live within couch distance of a pokestop will pool their incense and lures. Everyone shares in pokemon go, while working a brisk clockwise rotation on the joint.

[Lightning sound effect paired woth spooky music]

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

videos like that make me wonder if we have some kind of loving instinct to herd from a god damned common ancestor to the field mouse or something, it's still there, barely, and it gets us killed, but still owning us in the 21st century

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I went to town today and there's two pokestops right next to each other. someone dropped two lures right there, and by hanging out there i met a few people. It was really nice honestly. There were a fair number of kids but a lot of people my age and a bit older. basically a ton of 25-35 year olds. This is a really small town but this specific game seemed to draw out a bunch of women my age and children with parents who were more obsessed with the game than their kids.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Also this town skews a lot older, and the business owners Do Not Understand what's happening, but they know if millenials are running around town in the texas heat they tend to step into their stores and buy their poo poo and they're just beaming, smiling, and excitedly offering specials and deals for pokeman hunters

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Ive met a bunch of people on this town after socializing the last couple of days.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Its kind of worth it for that

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"Hah yeah but what about NORMAL people?" - Some sad little Gen X creep flirting with 50 who thinks he still knows what passes for cool

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This fit mom was with her kids at this poke stop, we are chatting. Im team mystic and she was instinct and we put aside our differences to shoot the poo poo and abuse a lure at a pokestop. Turns out she was insanely hypercompetitive and i pointed out thr church/gym near her house just got taken over by my team and she flies into barely contained rage and runs to her earth destroyer tosses her kids inside, tears rear end through town, i see the gym flip back to yellow and she comes back soon after happy as can be and we resume chatting like she never went full psycho. I saw some kids flying around on bikes sort of playing but mostly messing with AR. All the tryhards are the early millennial/late gen x parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The police here actually hang out on the main run of pokestops and make sure kids are safe and traffic isnt speeding and also obeying stop signs, and the station itself is one of the gyms. They have no room to call is nerds as I'm p. sure they play

Of course this isn't new york.

• Locked thread