Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This is already an amazing adaption and if the 26 episode rumor is true then hooooly hell. While there's technically not a lot in this first episode, it does so much for establishing the tone. Also the meter counting up is lowkey my favorite thing about this series.

Mob is currently at 27%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I choose to believe Reigen is 100% honest about everything and is in fact an incredibly powerful psychic and if you do not, you are a heretic

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's weird to compare them but part of me wants to say this has a better OP than One Punch Man, just for how hype that counting is and the chant of "Mob, Mob, what do you want?

also the OP loving loops

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Truth. I'm glad too, JoJo was getting a lil tired of always having to do it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Relin posted:

the music in the op is hot garbage
:chloe:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Really great episode. In my head, I was hoping for them to clifflhang with the end of Chapter 5, but this flowed super super well the way it is. Also that ED is super super amazing.

Mob is at 40%

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The joke that the intimidating Body Improvement club is actually real cool and are super stoked to let frail Mob join is the best.

If you wouldn't join the Body Improvement club, you fake as hell

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This is an extremely good show and I'm def gonna get back into the webcomic because I stopped basically right after next week's episode or the week after

The first volume/three episodes are really just a prologue to establish Mob's character and meaning behind his explosion meter. Even as early as I was, I could tell this stuff gets much deeper and cooler.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's gotten played every episode so maybe it'll get tiring, but the one wailing track used whenever Mob does anything big and psychic is the best.

Also here's the comic version of 100% Anger Mob

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sick double post, you doofus

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
:16 - :22 is my loving poo poo

and yeah I was a touched disappointed that ANGER didn't a big flashy kanji since the emotions are p. important, but o well

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mob also doesn't like how strong he is. Not in a Saitama way where he's bored by it, but dislikes it to the point where he goes out of his way to not use his powers, and feels like they hold him back from what he wants.

Mob is cool, I hope he'll be okay.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
tag yourself I'm this guy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This show sucks, every episode just makes me want the next one.

Also I love how Teru's aura looks, goddamn

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

mabels big day posted:

same except i could not stop that bad habit, and i just reread a bunch of it.
i also re-read this arc and ooh boy,,,,

it's good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

It bugged me that Teru's response was like the one thing not subtitled and while I can't read it super well, it seems pretty informal and positive? Like he's def agreeing to get lunch? I like that even though Teru's kind of a jerk, he's nice to his girlfriend and also signs his text with his name in stars

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Clarste posted:

He's making a pun with his name. He's telling her to be a good girl and wait for him, and the word "wait" is written as "Matteru".
God, thank you, I knew I recognized that kanji.

Mat⭐teru⭐ is a good goof, nice one Teru

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This episode was very, very good. Time for me to start reading the comic again because preeeetty sure I haven't read much past this arc.

For posterity tho, here's ???%

and the 100% Sadness everyone's talking about

and here's a lil :unsmith: for all this crushing despair today

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, ???% just flung everyone into the atmosphere and destroyed the surrounding area and you could say 100% Sadness is what put it all back delicately.

It sorta looks inconsistent since those high schoolers were in a bad way after Mob lost it then, but it's possible that was due to Mob wanting to save and protect his brother, while this ???% seemed to be triggered by his passing out, almost like a self preservation thing as a Get Everyone As Far Away From Me As Possible. The

The fact that Mob still has that level of destruction in him, with no way to control it even as he's actively trying to change his life is really what elevates him over Saitama for me. Saitama's infinite chill and boredom are funny, but Mob actively not wanting his powers and trying to keep them out of his life is v. cool

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 10, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really enjoy this being serial not-always-action, bordering on drama series, which you wouldn't expect all from the premise and ONE's past work. I also stopped reading the webcomic around here so now I'm gonna try and stay ahead and I'm real excited about that.

Also the Reigen bit at the beginning is one of my favs

e: I can vouch for Onani Master Kurosawa actually being really good, despite how awful it's premise is, def check it out if you want a drama story about broken teens trying to figure poo poo out

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 15, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Nah, he totally does. The sad thing is in the comic, he gets right back up and heads off to cram school.

Student Council President is trying his best...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I still love that Teru becomes a good boy and is actually powerful.

A friend of mine hates Reigen and Teru and likes Dimple and that baffles me

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I too was worried that Reigen lost his powers when he couldn't see the spirit in the con artist gallery, but luckily he is still very powerful

also was that scene an omake chapter like they've done in Episode 1 and 2, cause I do not remember that when I read ahead

mabels big day posted:

He should like everybody.
She likes Mob a lot and that's what's important

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Reigen Cool Guy Status: 200%

Also this was the first episode so far without a Mob Explosion meter which is a good example of how this show isn't quite just about Mob

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mob Psycho 100 is a veritable McDonald's playplace of boys, there's just so many

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I hope to be as cool as Reigen one day

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this show being two cour would be very epic. i'd imagine they might take a break tho, if they haven't said anything about a two cour??

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This show rules. I want to go on Reigen's beauty trip.

Also Teruki is looking choice this ep, a very cool and good boy imo

also wow it didn't even get a narration this ep. Today's emotion was 100% Hostility

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 29, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

El Burbo posted:

yeah, in the chapter and in this episode, Mob is the one that says the emotion ("Animosity" in the subs). still wish it had the kannji, though
aah true, gomen.

even tho they're synonyms, i like Hostility better (as well as Mob not saying it) cause Mob just fucks that dude right up

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This song loving kicks rear end

The most fitting song on my workout playlist

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Rising star of the anime world, Mob Psycho 100

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Belgian Waffle posted:

Teru's already doing cool stuff.
Teru is extremely cool and strong..

Very gracious of the protagonist of this world to do this Claw side quest for the Mob NPC

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Now you too can do Reigen's special move, Salt Splash!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also, like, unrelated to anything, watch Shirobako.

It's very good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i dont like you doubting reigens great power

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the fights in this show are so loving good

they are almost as good as reigen is powerful

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 13, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

EmmyOk posted:

how funny it'd be if Reigen was as strong as he pretended
i dont understand this post

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
reigen has never pretended to be anything but the most powerful, rising star of the psychic world

also he's a psychic, he's not an esper, please learn the lore

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I read ahead in the manga last night and....

phew

its good stuff

And yeah whike you can't really super compare them, I enjoy Mob a lot lot more just for being a more sincere story with more to say. I am glad to have experienced it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Rodyle posted:

We tried to tell you not to read ahead!

I was weak for doing it but now I am stronger for reading Mob Psycho

get this....I'll continue to read it.

• Locked thread