Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

op why are you a benefits scrounging nazi?

Because the government says I am disabled and pays me not to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
There is only math. you don't call english englishes do you? or Sciences?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The only time America lost a war to England it was cause the Canadians kicked our butts.

I'm not sure who that reflects more poorly on

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Nooner posted:

The only time America lost a war to England it was cause the Canadians kicked our butts.

I'm not sure who that reflects more poorly on

That was a battle we still won the war.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

phobo posted:

There is only math. you don't call english englishes do you? or Sciences?

its mathematics

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

peameal bacon is good but is fundamentally distinct from normal bacon and pretending that it's the real bacon is stupid

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
If you can somehow magically change our dumbass English measurement system to the pro-tier metric system then I will accept these name changes

The English system is obviously your fault clean up your mess you assholes

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The US was on the path to metricization but Reagan killed it. I'm not kidding, he killed it. It's squarely reagan's fault i grew up understanding feet yards and miles more than meters and kilometers

thankfully a drug habbit taught me metric measurements and i 100% do not understand imperial drug measurements. or apothecary units

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

ScratchAndSniff posted:

gently caress you, OP. We should have just let you all die in WW2.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

hemophilia posted:

The US was on the path to metricization but Reagan killed it. I'm not kidding, he killed it. It's squarely reagan's fault i grew up understanding feet yards and miles more than meters and kilometers

thankfully a drug habbit taught me metric measurements and i 100% do not understand imperial drug measurements. or apothecary units

the worst part of america backing out of the metric system at the last minute is that you've left canada trapped in some kind of horrible limbo where everything's labelled in metric but everyone uses the old system whenever they're talking about something

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

hemophilia posted:

excuse me sir, may I have one yard of cocaine??

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
gently caress your lovely food names and your lovely irrelevant island that made itself even most irrelevant somehow lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

yo scarface get me 3 drachmas of columbias finest

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

cock hero flux posted:

peameal bacon is good but is fundamentally distinct from normal bacon and pretending that it's the real bacon is stupid

Its not peameal bacon you retard, its called "back bacon".

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Ok soon to be ex-euros, let's get something straight. Your bacon is actually pretty great and we're willing to be patient with you about your barbaric language skills and idiosyncrasies, but things are what we americans say they are. Why? Because you litterally owe us your lives from ww2 and economic integrity to this day. And if it came to a slugging match about anything, fukkin AMERICA would win hands down.

So keep talking your little game. We are scared enough of becoming an ex-world power like you to offer you the kind of grudging and condescending respect that you offer a terminally old person. Don't worry, we won't get too angry at you for teasing. We know it's all you have left. Just, don't go senile on us and start thinking that it is back when you were in charge again somehow. It is not. This is 2016.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

cock hero flux posted:

the worst part of america backing out of the metric system at the last minute is that you've left canada trapped in some kind of horrible limbo where everything's labelled in metric but everyone uses the old system whenever they're talking about something

The worst part is that metric to imperial conversions have actually killed people. It's not just stupid it's darwin award level stupid.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

american science classes don't mince words and i was having to learn metric/imperial conversions in the 6th and 7th grades, well ahead of when i would be using metric measurements in physics, chem, biology, etc., so there is a practical foundation there but yeah when your parents talk in pounds and yards and poo poo there's no point talking back in kilograms and meters.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RVWinkle posted:

I suggest a compromise where we accept the concessions you offer in exchange for the British to start using the correct name for soccer and correctly spelling words like color and favor.

"Soccer" is actually a term coined by the British. :eng101:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tramadol Junkie posted:

This is what real bacon looks like:

I wish I could get this kind of bacon easily but it's hard to find here :(

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

American bacon is the best bacon, you lard-phobic inbred island savages.

Also,

DoctorStrangelove posted:

lol england is gay

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Rah! posted:

American bacon is the best bacon, you lard-phobic inbred island savages.

Also,

There is no such thing as "American bacon".

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tramadol Junkie posted:

There is no such thing as "American bacon".

yes there is

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Americans invented bacon in 1779, actually.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

hemophilia posted:

yes there is

No there is not.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tramadol Junkie posted:

No there is not.

Yes there is.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

American Bacon. Stay Away From Me.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

numberoneposter posted:

American Bacon. Stay Away From Me.

Our right to better bacon shall not be infringed!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Shut the gently caress up op. You're wrong.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Why is America the most dangerous country in the first world?

it's pretty funny

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Whorelord posted:

Why is America the most dangerous country in the first world?

it's pretty funny
its their culture of glorified violence obviously

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Its not peameal bacon you retard, its called "back bacon".

peameal bacon is the only good kind of back bacon, all the other kinds are just ham that people are eating for breakfast

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just ate normal people (aka American) bacon in a sandwich with eggs I cooked, it was really tasty 10/10 would eat again

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
lmao at the idea of a brit trying to school anyone else in the world on food

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

End Of Worlds posted:

lmao at the idea of a brit trying to school anyone else in the world on food

YOU oval office!!!

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
ive lived in the UK for a while and i fully understand the imperialism thing. if i had to eat this poo poo my whole life i'd fight and die for a decent curry too]

also probably 3/4s of the brits i've met a) dont know what a burrito is and b) pronounce it jah-la-PEEN-o with a hard J

it's the insular inbreeding i think

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

YOU oval office!!!

That guy doesn't make a bunch of english food though, he's a good chef and his scrambled egg recipe is top notch but let's not pretend gordon ramsay is anything but an exception to the rule.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

english food is good though despite its lack of "ethnic" spices

Beef Wellington For Ever.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

they are frites and chips, OP, because the french have the last word on all things culinary :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

sausage rolls are extremely my jam

• Locked thread