Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Superman VS Terminator is the most insane of all those crossovers. Sadly since DH no longer has those rights they couldn't reprint it in the new Dark Horse Superman book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

Was that the one where Superman goes to the future and meets Future Steel?

If memory serves, yes. It was right at the height of post Return of Superman fever so you had Steel, Superboy, Supergirl, the MCU. Pretty much every major Superman character had a 1 panel appearance in issue 1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

WildCATS/Aliens is at least historically noteworthy, as it's where Warren Ellis killed off all the Stormwatch characters he didn't like so he could reboot the book as The Authority.

Kind of funny how DC was shortsighted enough to not secure the reprint rights for that issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

DC as gently caress.

You'd think that a book that set the stage for the Authority would be important to them right? There was an edition of that final Stormwatch trade that had it reprinted, available for one printing of the book but oddly they didn't bother for the two volume HCs they released a few years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So it looks like Mike Deodato has gotten so incredibly lazy that he may have traced 9-11 wreckage for this week's Invincible Iron Man #12.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Judge for yourselves.

http://imgur.com/xIuBmeN

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not offended. It's just pathetically lazy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Did you actually bother to read rhynos posts?

Nobody reads my posts.

Anyways, he clearly used a different angle but this is a pretty recognizable image.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heathen posted:

Yes. Do you not understand the question?

Rhyno claims Deodato traced it and linked the artwork. I looked on google to find the image he traced and couldn't find it. You said it looks familiar. I am asking you to share the image he traced.

I said "may have" but it's pretty clear that he used the WTC wreckage as his source.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heathen posted:

He traced it at a clearly different angle. Got it.

There are literally 100,000+ images of ground zero on Google. I'm not going to dig through every one to find the exact image but most everyone who has looked at it can see where he sourced his background from. And this is a guy who is known for tracing so I don't know why you're being such a dense dipshit about this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That avatar though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Speaking of avatars, aren't you due for a new one Rhyno?

Probably. But the only conflict I've had on the forums of late are with 9/11 trace deniers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're still making those stupid things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

I was thinking today I would like to make a new Batman thread. I notice other threads get derailed a lot talking about Batman and considering how much time I spend on a daily basis thinking about Batman I kinda thought it would be fun to do like a nice effortpost OP. Would that be cool with everyone here? Nobody really uses the Batman thread even though it feels like we're always talking about Batman.

Excellent, I will derail your new Batman thread talking about Hal Jordan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Why would you want to talk about Hal Jordan voluntarily?

I never said it would a positive posting!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

The worst part about the later Arkham games (besides Jason Todd) is that the post-game fuckin' around the city is highly unsatisfying. At the end of Origins, it's a total shitshow with snipers on every roof and OH WELL guess Gotham's gonna have a crappy morning, but not your problem, I guess!, and Knight's Gotham City is just as empty as D_T's balls after reading a Red Hood comic.

I smell a new avatar brewing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaunab posted:

I'm reading the 1997 Heroes For Hire series and I don't know if Pasqual Ferry's art is getting better or I'm just getting used to it.

That was such a poo poo book from beginning to end.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Well, my house got robbed last night. Got taken for $400, and my roommate and his girlfriend were held at gunpoint while I was out late at the bar. Might be out of the comic game for a bit while I recoup my losses. The guys at the shop might hook me up for my birthday next week, but it's the last thing I'm worried about right now. Thanks for letting me vent.

That sucks a lot but at least everyone is unhurt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So let me tell you, if you have the chance to attend a WizardWorld convention you should absolutely pass it the gently caress up.

What a poo poo show. This was more like a giant flea market than a comic-con.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
C2E2 is a wonderful show that is actually focused on comic books. WW is more like a cosplay con where you can by steampunk garbage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

An actual comic book convention sounds horrible.

Again, C2E2 is great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Awesome-Con here is great. You can go in the dealer room if you're really bored, but there's panels and stuff all day each day on a variety of comics. I went all three days of the show and spent maybe 6 total hours in the dealer room and a good portion of that was waiting in line for BIll Nye to sign my book after his podcast recording.

They're holding one in my town Halloween weekend but my interactions with their marketing team have already colored my opinion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I never would have imagined there's convention snobs but here we are.

Have you ever been to a Wizard show?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have grown to really dislike cosplay. I mean, I get it, your parents didn't love you. That doesn't mean I should have to put up with 25 lovely Deadpool's while I try to meet George Perez.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Deadpool cosplayers are usually pretty bad. We did a Black Widow photoshoot for Black Widow Day last year, and it was all sorts of wonderful. It was organized by myself and a couple actual (not internet) models.

Let the freaks and geeks have their fun. They're a colorful distraction from the faded super hero shirts stretched over guts full of bad eating habits, and a sedimentary life style.

Did you guys have a ton of people in poorly assembled costumes show up on FCBD and then not leave?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:shrug: I've been going to Chicago based cons since 1994 and this was easily the worst experience I have ever had.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The first one is Tom Grummet and the last one is Tom Raney.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Third is Sean Chen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

No, they just passed through mostly. I was in my Batman costume, we had a Thor and Miles Morales that were friends of ours hang out for a bit, and the Detroit Ghostbusters were out front for most of the day. They even brought the Ghostbusters arcade game I hadn't played in 25 years.

We don't get a lot of weirdies at our store. Just the usual pervs, and people who think they're nineties books are worth anything.

I am super jealous. We had some young teens who hung around for hours and kept trying to step behind the free tables and act like they worked there. My boss finally had enough and kicked them out after hour 5 of loitering.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Frankly I do not go to cons or comic book shops. Both are full of undesirable people (workers and customers).

:mad:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Oh my god a local library in my city did one of these, I didn't even know it happened until I saw it on the news that night. Judging by the report all they had was some artists I've never ever heard of and some of the saddest Batmen I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever felt a stronger sense of second-hand embarrassment.

Our local library wanted to do FCBD two years ago so they worked out a deal with us to get books. Then half the poo poo they ordered ended up not being all ages appropriate despite my warnings so they left us holding our dick on 1000 books. So this year they asked to do it again and we were like "sure but here's a written contract." Then then don't contact us until 4 days before and ask where their books are and we're like "where's the order you were supposed to place?" So then one of the employees reaches out to diamond to bitch about us not following through with our deal and wow did our rep get pissed off at us for a while.

I really hope they call about it this next year so I can slam the receiver down as hard as possible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In a few months all you will hear is Cumbersnatch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

END ME SCOOB posted:

It is basically the final "Milestone" Static story, and the last one Dwayne McDuffie ever wrote. It's a lovely finale for the character.

Good thing DC's trotted him out for N52 in that abortion of a series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

can we chat about posts made in BSS threads?

Imma talk about dis post right here

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrProsek posted:

More bad posts on BSS is not a strategy I think SA/the mods should pursue.

YOU CAN'T STOP US.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

THAT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

I was thinking about the Inhumans on the drive to work today,

Very hazardous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Is there a reason DC and Marvel don't advertise on TV? I only ever see ads for comics inside of other comics.

Because the net gain isn't worth the investment usually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kNE8VRcvU

Malibu once ran tv ads for their Ultraverse line and it was considered a massive waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPzNZ7mVTZY

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My girlfriend set our apartment on fire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ALL my framed art was destroyed!

• Locked thread